• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Ford finally put the PDI sheet into OASIS, it has some interesting details
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist Released 1689730258653
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist Released 1689730274678
Sponsored

Attachments

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
This confirms wheel lips. Hopefully they ship in the car and not get delivered to the parts department. So many Mach 1s were missing them.

Also so many dealers left in the shipping blocks in the springs on the Mach 1s. Make sure you check everyone. I wonder how many dealers actually read this.

oil catch can, interesting

Good info, thanks

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
This confirms wheel lips. Hopefully they ship in the car and not get delivered to the parts department. So many Mach 1s were missing them.
127% chance they will be shipped to the parts department, only handling package ones get/got them though

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
What are wheel lips?
On the Mach 1 Handling Pack and now the Dark Horse Handling Pack, they are the extensions on the front fender that keep rocks from slinging up on the paint since the front tires/wheels are so much wider than the standard DH/GTPP. GT350 and GT500 cars actually have wider body panels on the front to prevent this, but the M1 and DH Handling Packages rely on the wheel lips.

And yes, they are typically shipped to the parts department separately from the car and they were misplaced on a lot of early M1 orders.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist Released 2024-Ford-Mustang-Dark-Horse-First-Look-Review-3-758x506

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
On the Mach 1 Handling Pack and now the Dark Horse Handling pack, they are the extensions on the front fender that keep rocks from slinging up on the paint since the front wheels are so much wider. GT350 and GT500 cars actually have a wider body on the front to prevent this, but the M1 and DH Handling Packages rely on the wheel lips.

And yes, they are typically shipped to the parts department separately from the car and were misplaced on a lot of early M1 orders.
2024-Ford-Mustang-Dark-Horse-First-Look-Review-3-758x506.jpg
Gotcha maybe a good future upgrade to do to my GT PP

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha maybe a good future upgrade to do to my GT PP
there might be a problem with that, i have some spare Mach 1 HP wheel lips and they don't fit my EcoBoost due to different mounting for it and i suspect the Dark Horse will be the same

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
For those ultimately receiving the wheel lips, when they arrive at the Parts Department, they'll have your VIN on the box sticker. I was at one extreme: they arrived about a week after receiving the car. At the other, supply chain delays have caused them to arrive sometimes 60+ days afterwards. Some locations are familiar with the item and know what to do. Most don't and put them in inventory until someone asks.

Edit/s:

I noticed a comment about "Transport Mode". I never realized that, all vehicles ship in this mode. It's like a partial alive mode. Enough functionality and power to drive from trailer to train, but not much else. Take comfort :fingerscrossed: in that, unless the driver knows how to deactivate :bandit:, the shipper will not be doing burnouts :rockon: in your new Mustang :whew:.

With respect to the Gurney Flap, in previous years, two sets of screws were involved. Short screws were basically hole fillers, when the flap was not installed. Long screws held the flap in place. Installing the long screws without the flap risks cracking the wing.

Last edited:

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Idk about yall but this smells like some good news.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Ford finally put the PDI sheet into OASIS, it has some interesting details
1689730258653.png
1689730274678.png
Thanks for this!! You can be sure I will have a copy with me when my Dark Horse is delivered.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this!! You can be sure I will have a copy with me when my Dark Horse is delivered.
unless you work at a dealer and are going to be doing the PDI on your Mustang (like i will) then you don't need to have that with you. most dealers do PDI very shortly or immediately after getting a vehicle off a transporter and adding it into their system, so it's more of an internal thing for dealers

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Sorry, after 23 years in the US Navy, attention to detail is ingrained. Everytthing done on a ship is done with a checklist of some type, in particular PMS. It is natural for me to use one. I look at it like renting a car, they check it over before and after rental, but it may save a ton of headaches (And possibly dollars) to do my own inspection.

As you state, I am sure that the PDI will be done as it should.

I currently work in manufacturing and was a QC inspector once upon a time and from my own experience, not everyone sees things the same way.

When I said that I would have this checklist with me it was more for knowing what is going on while waiting in the showroom before delivery, and using this list is the perfect guide for my own peace of mind when I drive that new Dark Horse off the lot.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
i was off yesterday, but i went ahead and asked one of the sales people at my dealer and they said that we would supply a copy of the PDI sheet if asked to by the customer. i cant promise yours would have the same answer, but it's worth an ask when you pick it up

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
I just want to ask what are:

• underbody strakes
Sponsored