• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
as of now, it's unknown if the DH gets shipped with one, but that part will not work with 2024+ GT or DH
PDI checklist shows it as a loose ship item, Dark Horse only. Aren't you the one who posted it?
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Owner's Manual Released 1692137587636
Sponsored

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
PDI checklist shows it as a loose ship item, Dark Horse only. Aren't you the one who posted it?
1692137587636.png
yeah, but i can't find any part numbers for catch cans, so either they are things Ford ships separately or was accidentally put on the PDI sheet. my personal guess is that it is a separate item shipped to the dealer, because i cant find it or the fender flares in ECat, but i don't want to say that as a fact and get people's hopes up. so, i am erring on the side of caution. i don't want to do something that might be considered misleading

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Also curious about this.

Capture.PNG

The [incompatible] catch can referenced above requires hands-on emptying, as you would expect.

Capture2.PNG

How does "self-draining" work with the new can???

It simply reaches a level and then drips out through the engine bay onto your garage floor or driveway? :shock:
if this isn't a copy-paste from the GT500 owner's manual, it probably works like the GT500 one, where the bottom of the catch can would empty into the valve cover. to this, i will mention that the right valve cover is a new part, starting with PR3Z, where the left one is an existing part, starting with NR3Z. whether this means all the engines will have it or the mention of a catch can was a complete accident remains to be seen

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
if this isn't a copy-paste from the GT500 owner's manual, it probably works like the GT500 one, where the bottom of the catch can would empty into the valve cover. to this, i will mention that the right valve cover is a new part, starting with PR3Z, where the left one is an existing part, starting with NR3Z. whether this means all the engines will have it or the mention of a catch can was a complete accident remains to be seen
Somehow someone slipped in an Easter egg?

‘if you plan to track your vehicle and it did not come with an oil catch can…’.

Almost implies some specific combination includes the primo catch can. (Wish performance parts ford com would list it already - some may like to have it on hand - if it’s not included in the pp)

From earlier info (pdi checklist) it seems ‘a’ (seems from the manual they recommend the maintenance free version) can comes with the dh and the pp gt gets underbody strakes (to be installed by the customer)

Last edited:

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
as of now, it's unknown if the DH gets shipped with one, but that part will not work with 2024+ GT or DH
Thanks.

We will likely have to wait until they actually get delivered to know for sure if a catch can is included with the DH

I removed the erroneous information.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Also curious about this.

Capture.PNG

The [incompatible] catch can referenced above requires hands-on emptying, as you would expect.

Capture2.PNG

How does "self-draining" work with the new can???

It simply reaches a level and then drips out through the engine bay onto your garage floor or driveway? :shock:
Look up the catch can that came on the s550 GT500. It’s designed in such a way that it drains back into the engine oil.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-A52

Last edited:

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Owner's Manual Released 1

This one is kinda interesting, but odd how it "Could Be" in these locations. Hoping the rear view mirror one is there, perfect for dash cam.....

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
1.png

This one is kinda interesting, but odd how it "Could Be" in these locations. Hoping the rear view mirror one is there, perfect for dash cam.....
Yes, that caught my eye as well.

And why does the language change?
Elsewhere in the manual things are "If Fitted".

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Yes, that caught my eye as well.

And why does the language change?
Elsewhere in the manual things are "If Fitted".
Because certain trims don’t have certain items such as those usb ports or wireless charging

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
1.png

It's only there for the premium trims

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
The part I underlined is not mentioned for the EcoBoost or GT. Guess the Dark Horse is really scared of water! (Note this is for driving through standing water, not rainy days or car washes!)

DRIVING THROUGH SHALLOW WATER - DARK HORSE

Your vehicle has aerodynamic devices attached to the underbody designed to help control airflow for superior performance. Therefore, the driver must be especially careful to avoid driving through deep or standing water. If driving through deep or standing water is unavoidable, do not exceed 10 mph (16 km/h). Never drive through water that is higher than the bottom of the wheel rims. Water may enter through the air intake due to the vacuum generated in the engine. Your vehicle warranty does not cover damage caused by the intake of water into the engine.
No worries here. The front ground clearance on my 06 GT is only 4.5", so I already avoid standing water like the plague and barely make a wake if I absolutely have no choice.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
" Press the button to switch the system off."
This is what is written. system can be turned off with the button.
Hopefully it will remember the last setting - if it’s there and or can be set into memory - along with the seat and mirrors.
Sponsored