• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I just want to ask what are:

• underbody strakes
i am not 100% sure, but i am guessing the rock guards that go behind the front wheels
Sponsored

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I just want to ask what are:

• underbody strakes
Underbody strakes are aero bits mounted to the floor to channel flow. Not sure how much of an effect on aero it will have here but in F1 for example the floor is responsible for most of the downforce. You can see an extreme example of the strakes on this floor shot below:

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist Released pereafloor

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Underbody strakes are aero bits mounted to the floor to channel flow. Not sure how much of an effect on aero it will have here but in F1 for example the floor is responsible for most of the downforce. You can see an extreme example of the strakes on this floor shot below:
That's why I want to know what does it mean for the Performance Pack GT / Dark Horse. I saw them on a few of the reveal videos but there was not a clear picture so was not exactly clear what are they. Very curious to learn more.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That's why I want to know what does it mean for the Performance Pack GT / Dark Horse. I saw them on a few of the reveal videos but there was not a clear picture so was not exactly clear what are they. Very curious to learn more.
Found this in the wind tunnel article posted a while back:

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist Released Screenshot_2023-07-24-14-55-43-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

So it looks like it'll be 6 stakes, 3 for each front wheel. Nothing in the article about anything further back.

I'm sure it'll be an available bolt on for GTs.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Found this in the wind tunnel article posted a while back:

Screenshot_2023-07-24-14-55-43-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

So it looks like it'll be 6 stakes, 3 for each front wheel. Nothing in the article about anything further back.

I'm sure it'll be an available bolt on for GTs.
Nice find. Seeing info like this makes it obvious to me I'm just a little plain. I understand people modifying/replacing wings, diffusers, hood vents, and side skirts for appearance. But I just think about the time and effort Ford put into testing these cars.

I guess it's like adding salt to your food at a restaurant. Or getting it without something. I always want to try it as the chef intended first......Then I'll add the 100 pounds of audio equipment.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Caught a pic of them in The Straight Pipes EB review. They showed a preview of the GT vid where you can kinda see them.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist Released Screenshot_2023-07-24-18-07-14-13_7a4090f09f6554852d748ee9fd6f40d3

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
To bad none of the dealer follow the PDI check sheet the Last to car I bought had over 45lbs of air in the tires.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
To bad none of the dealer follow the PDI check sheet the Last to car I bought had over 45lbs of air in the tires.
Not a single dealer in the world huh? Shame.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Nice find. Seeing info like this makes it obvious to me I'm just a little plain. I understand people modifying/replacing wings, diffusers, hood vents, and side skirts for appearance. But I just think about the time and effort Ford put into testing these cars.

I guess it's like adding salt to your food at a restaurant. Or getting it without something. I always want to try it as the chef intended first......Then I'll add the 100 pounds of audio equipment.
Why do strakes come with the gt pp but the catch can doesn’t? Or at least it doesn’t indicate such in the pdi.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Why do strakes come with the gt pp but the catch can doesn’t? Or at least it doesn’t indicate such in the pdi.
I am not speaking for Ford.

But the only thing I can think of is the Dark Horse is being very heavily promoted by Ford as their "Track Focused" Mustang version, it is said almost every time someone at Ford speaks, especially Jim Owens.

And the GT even with the PP isn't as much.

It may also be, hey these Dark Horse buyers are dropping a big premium to get the DH, we got to give them something a bit extra.

Maybe?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I am not speaking for Ford.

But the only thing I can think of is the Dark Horse is being very heavily promoted by Ford as their "Track Focused" Mustang version, it is said almost every time someone at Ford speaks, especially Jim Owens.

And the GT even with the PP isn't as much.

It may also be, hey these Dark Horse buyers are dropping a big premium to get the DH, we got to give them something a bit extra.

Maybe?
Isn’t the intent of the pp to make the gt more track ready? Would be nice if the maintenance free version was included and installed at the factory for the pp.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I grabbed this screenshot from the savage geese dark horse video.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist Released IMG_7671

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Things to check are worth adding to this topic, instead of information being fragmented all over the place in random topics.

From a Savage Geese video.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) Checklist Released Tie Rod Ends.JPG

Check tie rod lock nuts, both sides.
How this slips through QC is unbelievable. :lipssealed:

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
My PP GT doesn’t have them?
Sponsored