• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
it's finally time! the owner's manual for the 2024 Mustang has released! when downloading the PDF version, please note it is nearly 48MB
Web version is here
PDF version is here
Sponsored

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Thanks for this. Time to start reading

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Looks like our phones will be able to act as a key meaning we don't need the physical keys to operate the car. As someone coming from a Tesla, Phone key is such a nice feature.
where did you find this?

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
where did you find this?
Under the Keyless Entry section

"With your passive key or authorized phone within 3 ft (1 m) of your vehicle, gently press the touchpad on the door window trim to unlock and open the door. "

Also the welcome lightning

" Welcome lighting turns on the exterior lamps when you approach your vehicle with an authenticated device."

And

"The puddle lamps turn on when you approach your vehicle with a remote control or phone. If your vehicle has auto-folding mirrors, the puddle lamps are only on if the mirrors are unfolded and turn off when the mirrors fold."

Last edited:

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Also good to see that the Auto Hold function doesn't need to be re-activated every time you start the car.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Owner's Manual Released 1692067301299

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Is anybody able to find anything in regards to the 1,000 mile break-in period? The manual doesn't mention it anywhere. In the 2023 version it was under 'Driving Hints'

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Is anybody able to find anything in regards to the 1,000 mile break-in period? The manual doesn't mention it anywhere. In the 2023 version it was under 'Driving Hints'

Only for DRIVING ECONOMICALLY on page 275. IE: better MPG's.

I haven't seen a "break-in" procedure in a long time, but I always drove them how I intended right off the lots.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
OK catch can fiends. Pg 317 in the TRACK USE section

"Catch Can
If you plan to track your vehicle and it did not come with an oil catch can, we recommend that you purchase the catch can kit though your authorized dealer or Ford Performance Parts Catalog. Installation instructions are included with the catch can. The catch can has a self-draining feature and does not require any maintenance."

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This is from the 2023's manual

1692069041919.png
Yeah, nothing for the 2024. Either a mistake or they finally figured no one followed it and it isn't needed anymore on certain vehicles.

OK catch can fiends. Pg 317 in the TRACK USE section

"Catch Can
If you plan to track your vehicle and it did not come with an oil catch can, we recommend that you purchase the catch can kit though your authorized dealer or Ford Performance Parts Catalog. Installation instructions are included with the catch can. The catch can has a self-draining feature and does not require any maintenance."
I always use a catch can on most of my vehicles I plan to drive hard. I have used the Ford catch can on my 2016 GT and liked how factory it looked and well it worked. Will be adding one to this car too.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
dang 10 quarts of 5W-30 for the 5.0. Guess the coolers take a lot

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
The part I underlined is not mentioned for the EcoBoost or GT. Guess the Dark Horse is really scared of water! (Note this is for driving through standing water, not rainy days or car washes!)

DRIVING THROUGH SHALLOW WATER - DARK HORSE

Your vehicle has aerodynamic devices attached to the underbody designed to help control airflow for superior performance. Therefore, the driver must be especially careful to avoid driving through deep or standing water. If driving through deep or standing water is unavoidable, do not exceed 10 mph (16 km/h). Never drive through water that is higher than the bottom of the wheel rims. Water may enter through the air intake due to the vacuum generated in the engine. Your vehicle warranty does not cover damage caused by the intake of water into the engine.
Sponsored