• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
apparently we got a downgrade or upgrade on fuel capacity depending on the engine
2.3L - 15.5 gal -> 15.9 gal
5.0L - 16.0 gal -> 15.98 gal
i have no idea what caused the 0.02 gallon capacity reduction but this is truly devastating and i might never recover from this
Sponsored

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I find it pretty amazing how big this manual is and still giving just an overview of all the features. So many more details to figure out. Of course half of it is warnings like “we can’t help you overcome the laws of physics” lol.

Brumby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered S650 GT Manual Vapor Blue, Magneride
Is anybody able to find anything in regards to the 1,000 mile break-in period? The manual doesn't mention it anywhere. In the 2023 version it was under 'Driving Hints'
All I found under breaking in was this:
BREAKING-IN You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 mi (480 km).
During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Is anybody able to find anything in regards to the 1,000 mile break-in period? The manual doesn't mention it anywhere. In the 2023 version it was under 'Driving Hints'
Yeah, nothing for the 2024. Either a mistake or they finally figured no one followed it and it isn't needed anymore on certain vehicles.

I always use a catch can on most of my vehicles I plan to drive hard. I have used the Ford catch can on my 2016 GT and liked how factory it looked and well it worked. Will be adding one to this car too.
All I found under breaking in was this:
BREAKING-IN You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 mi (480 km).
During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics
See below:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...A&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Under the Keyless Entry section

"With your passive key or authorized phone within 3 ft (1 m) of your vehicle, gently press the touchpad on the door window trim to unlock and open the door. "

Also the welcome lightning

" Welcome lighting turns on the exterior lamps when you approach your vehicle with an authenticated device."

And

"The puddle lamps turn on when you approach your vehicle with a remote control or phone. If your vehicle has auto-folding mirrors, the puddle lamps are only on if the mirrors are unfolded and turn off when the mirrors fold."
not trying to be a Debbie downer (cause - yes I too would appreciate the function) but hopefully it’s not a cut-and-paste (multi use manual) typo - where do you find how to add an ‘authorized phone/passive key’.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pages 163 & 165 ????

I was under the impression the gt (manual transmission) doesn’t have the auto-stop function.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
where do you find how to add an ‘authorized phone/passive key’
https://www.ford.com/support/category/fordpass/

I've not attempted to use this specific feature, but the Ford Pass App does allow for locking and unlocking via a persons' phone.

Personally, I'm not all in on the interconnectedness, and yes, I realize I'm probably an outlier. I'm just not into all my accounts and assets being intertwined. Using a phone for this feature, it's another vector someone can now use to access accounts, phones, possibly steal the car.

Something anyone might want to consider: faraday pouches, for your fobs, to prevent relay attacks and car theft. The pouches can be purchased in several different sizes and colors. They're great at isolating the fob from the car when neither is in use.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
We'll probably have a break-in thread/sticky at some point. In the mean time...

Ford often references a period of 1,000 mi / 1600 km. While engines are often the primary focus, consider the entire drivetrain is getting settled, the parts seated.

The 2022 manual advises oil consumption might not stabilize until the 3,000 mi / 4800 km mark. With the next generation of engine, this may change.

For automatic transmission owners, earlier manuals mentioned that using modes other than normal (track mode for example) during the break-in period could interfere with the transmission's learning process. As others mentioned earlier, somethings can begin acting "weird".

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.ford.com/support/category/fordpass/

I've not attempted to use this specific feature, but the Ford Pass App does allow for locking and unlocking via a persons' phone.

Personally, I'm not all in on the interconnectedness, and yes, I realize I'm probably an outlier. I'm just not into all my accounts and assets being intertwined. Using a phone for this feature, it's another vector someone can now use to access accounts, phones, possibly steal the car.

Something anyone might want to consider: faraday pouches, for your fobs. They can be purchased in several different sizes and colors. They're great at isolating the fob from the car when neither is in use.
Thanks and agreed re interconnectedness, complexity not always a good thing. Although secure nfc could work without the need for WiFi or cellular.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Pages 163 & 165 ????

I was under the impression the gt (manual transmission) doesn’t have the auto-stop function.
A recent update to the order guide shows it will be "available" later.

My guess, chips/parts/etc are in limited supply and it will be a mandatory option once supply is up. If they have it Ford gets to account for the fuel savings in their EPA/CAFE numbers. love it or hate it, no way they are passing up on that.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Owner's Manual Released Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 7.29.57 AM

Late availability usually means Job 2

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Late availability usually means Job 2
Which potentially makes job 1 (great ref to old taglines btw) that much more special?

I assume the gas guzzler tax wouldn’t be collected at that point?

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
“we can’t help you overcome the laws of physics”
This needs to be a new Ford T-shirt!

What about a warning "car is not to be used for crowd control"

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Which potentially makes job 1 (great ref to old taglines btw) that much more special?

I assume the gas guzzler tax wouldn’t be collected at that point?
No idea on the guzzler tax, but we’re probably not that lucky. When was the last time Uncle Sam cut you a tax break? 😁

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If they have it Ford gets to account for the fuel savings in their EPA/CAFE numbers. love it or hate it, no way they are passing up on that.
And if they've designed the custom Mustang modes like they did on the Raptors, it will have an option to disable it entirely as long as you're in it. Ford gets to keep the fuel numbers down to keep the Mustang ICE going for us. Win-win.
Sponsored