• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Predelivery inspection failure

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium Convertible
My EcoBoost Premium Convertible arrived at my dealer yesterday after a four-week train-truck ride. It was parked outside last night during a 1-1/2 inch rainstorm. I just got to look at it. I found that the floor carpet was water soaked on the driver's side front and rear, and the passenger side rear. the seats seemed dry. I told the dealer that first they need to find the leak. Did water get into the electronics? Speakers in the door? They need to replace the carpet, matting, and sound deadening; and take pictures of their work. Finally, I want to go through their rain booth or a car wash to verify no more leaks before I will accept it. I want the car - it has been on order since August 2nd; but I will walk away with my fully refundable deposit if not satisfied. The dealer said all of my requests were reasonable. The salesman was mortified that I found the water, and not the people who prepped the car for delivery.

Update: The detailer admitted that when he parked the car outside he left the rear windows down. They have already pulled the back seat out and found the carpet wet underneath. They are continuing their investigation. Meeting with Sales and Service Managers Monday afternoon. Salesmen says they might offer me a new car, but I hate to wait for another 5 months, or if production stops, a 2025.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

There was no other issues, and body panels aligned well. The screens powered up ok and the radio worked. The front wheel well liners seem to be a new design without the big hole above the rocker panels and they now overlap the top of the rocker panels.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
If the carpet was the only thing that got wet there are two easy options. It can be replaced or there are companies that will clean it and dry it properly. Once we had a pipe fitting in the bathroom come apart before we moved into our new house. A company removed all the carpet, dried it and reinstalled it. It was good carpet, lasted many years until my mom got tired of avocado green and changed the carpet color. The lesson is be careful of color fads because you may have to live with them for a long time.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
My EcoBoost Premium Convertible arrived at my dealer yesterday after a four-week train-truck ride. It was parked outside last night during a 1-1/2 inch rainstorm. I just got to look at it. I found that the floor carpet was water soaked on the driver's side front and rear, and the passenger side rear. the seats seemed dry. I told the dealer that first they need to find the leak. Did water get into the electronics? Speakers in the door? They need to replace the carpet, matting, and sound deadening; and take pictures of their work. Finally, I want to go through their rain booth or a car wash to verify no more leaks before I will accept it. I want the car - it has been on order since August 2nd; but I will walk away with my fully refundable deposit if not satisfied. The dealer said all of my requests were reasonable. The salesman was mortified that I found the water, and not the people who prepped the car for delivery.

Update: The detailer admitted that when he parked the car outside he left the rear windows down. They have already pulled the back seat out and found the carpet wet underneath. They are continuing their investigation. Meeting with Sales and Service Managers Monday afternoon. Salesmen says they might offer me a new car, but I hate to wait for another 5 months, or if production stops, a 2025.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

There was no other issues, and body panels aligned well. The screens powered up ok and the radio worked. The front wheel well liners seem to be a new design without the big hole above the rocker panels and they now overlap the top of the rocker panels.
So it sounds like you've been following the thread below regarding the wheel well issues:

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/front-inner-wheel-well-issues.158833/

Is there a hole at all present in the wheel wells or is it just smaller? Any chance you can take a picture of it? This is really good news IMHO if they did in fact redesign theese wheel well liners.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
If the water entry was truly the result of the rear windows being open, then I would let them dry it out and replace the carpet. No electronics would have been involved from a rear window water entry. Let them fix it, do the tests, and if all passes I would accept the car if they provide an extended warranty.

OP
OP

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
During the night the car was parked with the back windows open, we received 1-1/2 inches of rain with 35-45 mph winds. not an insignificant amount of water inside the car.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
During the night the car was parked with the back windows open, we received 1-1/2 inches of rain with 35-45 mph winds. not an insignificant amount of water inside the car.
Did you happen to see my question to you in post #5 above?

OP
OP

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ListedGuru: Sorry, no pix. I had planned to take some, but the water took the wind out of my sails.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
ListedGuru: Sorry, no pix. I had planned to take some, but the water took the wind out of my sails.
Just to confirm you are saying there is still a hole in the front wheel wells in that location and that it's smaller now?

OP
OP

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looked like the plastic liner was wider at the rocker panel, extending further into the "engine compartment." There is still a rectangular hole, maybe a little smaller, but it is no longer above the rocker panel., It has open space behind it in the "engine compartment." The plastic liner also extends lower to cover the front of the rocker panel.

I am sorry I didn't get a picture. I was following this thread as you were. My dealer now has several mustangs on the lot that were just delivered, so maybe you can go look at one at your dealer?

OP
OP

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: This morning, I signed the paperwork for ordering a replacement vehicle, expected in April (to be confirmed). Dealer will reach out to the factory rep for expediting. The original August 2023 price was honored. Props to Grappone Ford in Concord, NH. They never gave me one ounce of B.S. and were mortified by them damaging the car. I am happy. I was going to store the original car until spring. It was built just a day or two before the strike. Now I am getting a car built by happy workers with a fat new contract.

Last edited:

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Update: This morning, I signed the paperwork for ordering a replacement vehicle, expected in April (to be confirmed). Dealer will reach out to the factory rep for expediting. The original August 2023 price was honored. Props to Grappone Ford in Concord, NH. They never gave me one once of B.S. and were mortified by them damaging the car. I am happy. I was going to store the original car until spring. It was built just a day or two before the strike. Now I am getting a car built by happy workers with a fat new contract.
Smart move. I was going to suggest the same.
Sponsored