• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Picking up 2024 GT fully loaded Water damaged

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Picking up my 2024 sadly they found water on passenger floorboard during PDI ? I’m assuming maybe the passenger window was cracked or left down by mistake? No water found anywhere else

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

I have them agreed to replace the entire carpet interior and matting and also to replace the passenger space grey Recarro just in case

The air boxes both dry, no water anywhere else, even tire rear trunk

It was delivered to Miami by rail and we had torrential rain the entire weekend

S650 Mustang Picking up 2024 GT fully loaded Water damaged IMG_0725

S650 Mustang Picking up 2024 GT fully loaded Water damaged IMG_0722

S650 Mustang Picking up 2024 GT fully loaded Water damaged IMG_0719
Sponsored

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Hard pass. Could've been a bad seal somewhere and may show later on. I'd also worry about getting into electronics. Water inside is never a good thing.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Picking up my 2024 sadly they found water on passenger floorboard during PDI ? I’m assuming maybe the passenger window was cracked or left down by mistake? No water found anywhere else

I have them agreed to replace the entire carpet interior and matting and also to replace the passenger space grey Recarro just in case

Ask for 100,000 mile warranty on the car. Should only cost them about $1,400.

OP
OP
VenomGT3

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
It literally looks like the passenger window was down or cracked the window sticker is on that side and feels water damaged

ProdiGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler, Ford F150
Make sure you fully inspect it for additional water damage. If you’re set on getting it don’t let them know that. You have bargaining power with this issue. Ask for a 100k warranty minimum since you don’t know the full extent of the damage and neither do they. It’s a beautiful GT, I’d have a hard time passing on it too man. Best of luck!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Run the window down and back up checking for proper functioning. Then sit inside while somebody turns a hose on that side of the car. You might be right about somebody leaving the window down but it could indicate another problem with the seal.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Hard pass. Could've been a bad seal somewhere and may show later on. I'd also worry about getting into electronics. Water inside is never a good thing.
passing because of something like this is definitely a bit silly. Just ask for a certain warranty that if any problems show up in x time or miles they'll fully cover it.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s

The dealer knows the window was cracked? If so then that sounds reasonable. Will they warrant a seal leak if it shows back up?

OP
OP
VenomGT3

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
The dealer knows the window was cracked? If so then that sounds reasonable. Will they warrant a seal leak if it shows back up?
No I’m simply hypothesizing

Gproudfoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, RX-7
Have them pull the door panels, if the window was cracked there is most likely water inside the door window switches, speakers, etc. could be damaged. I agree if you can get them to go with a 100,000-mile IRON CLAD warranty, what's the harm? Well, you drive it to 75,000 miles, the new '27 Mustang is out with 10,000 HP and you sell it. The new guy gets it and things start to go wrong, you were fine, and he gets F-ed.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0722.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg
Beautiful Color! Congrats!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
passing because of something like this is definitely a bit silly. Just ask for a certain warranty that if any problems show up in x time or miles they'll fully cover it.
Water damage is never silly. A slightly open window, understandable how it's wet. Improperly-fitted run rubber? Easy fix. But if not sure why it got wet? You'll likely be relying on that warranty.

If you're so excited to think that not buying a car because of water intrusion is silly, then more power to you. I'm at a point in my life where I just see a mess and move on

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Water damage is never silly. A slightly open window, understandable how it's wet. Improperly-fitted run rubber? Easy fix. But if not sure why it got wet? You'll likely be relying on that warranty.

If you're so excited to think that not buying a car because of water intrusion is silly, then more power to you. I'm at a point in my life where I just see a mess and move on
I think its just more important to understand the point of a warranty.

Scenario 1: No major damage, get a warranty, never need it, move on with your new car now.
Scenario 2: Major damage, get a warranty, move on with your cool car now, get it fixed later when problem arises.
Scenario 3: Major damage, pass on the car now and have to wait to get it fixed, dont have cool car now

Either way if theres damage you're waiting, so might as well take the chance with the insurance of a warranty and take the car now. Doesn't hurt you one bit as long as you have the warranty.
Sponsored