• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Picking up 2024 GT fully loaded Water damaged

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan

As a reference, I went out and reviewed Ford's plans, what's covered.

Using the link above, select the down arrows for "electrical" and "high tech". The items we're interested in, to include interior electrical like window motors, harnesses, power seats, locks and the like, are covered.

Along with all this, I'd get a statement from the dealer, eluding to what happened and what they did to resolve it. The statement + a full, extended warranty, would give me comfort. A bonus score would be door panels, carpeting removed and the innards photographed. Something like that.
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I wouldn't want them pulling door/dash panels right now. Risks other issues, if only loosening the panels (vibration, etc.). If you get the extended warranty, awesome. I'd take it too. Without a warranty, and even with it, things may or may not become a problem. It's easy to run water over it to see if there's any leak still, and if there is, I'd pass. But if not, I'd take it with the fixes they've offered and especially with the warranty. You are better off overall if they throw in a warranty extension.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Ask for 100,000 mile warranty on the car. Should only cost them about $1,400.
I agree with this! Get the extended warranty out of them. That's the least they could do.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I think its just more important to understand the point of a warranty.

Scenario 1: No major damage, get a warranty, never need it, move on with your new car now.
Scenario 2: Major damage, get a warranty, move on with your cool car now, get it fixed later when problem arises.
Scenario 3: Major damage, pass on the car now and have to wait to get it fixed, dont have cool car now

Either way if theres damage you're waiting, so might as well take the chance with the insurance of a warranty and take the car now. Doesn't hurt you one bit as long as you have the warranty.
The point of a warranty is to give you peace of mind. At the factory the rule is that a repair doesn't add in quality. So long as this was just the transport driver bumping down the window on accident, not really a big deal if everything dries out and functions correctly. Remember, it's only the OP speculating about what happened.

Otherwise, if there really is some issue, it's worse in my opinion than the panel gaps everyone is complaining about. Again, I can wait on a different car. I like a warranty but I'd rather not have to use it.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I would also test drive over some bumpy roads and see if that window slides down. Then hit a touchless car wash

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
If the window sticker got wet, it could either be from water running down on it OR just moisture from the soaked interior being absorbed by the paper window sticker. Do you see any sign of water tracks either on the sticker or elsewhere? If you do, that might give you an indication of where the leak originated from. Having dealt with Ford and leaks I have found that Ford's robots are cheap with the seam sealer and leave gaps. So in my case, the passenger side floor would flood when it rained and the car was parked nose high. I went crazy with hose, water, etc and could find nothing. I didn't initially make the connection that it only flooded when the car was parked on a hill, nose up. Once I figured that out, I removed the front passenger seat and pulled back the carpet and got in the car with everything closed while my wife sprayed the hose around. It didn't take long to see that water was running from the front of the car, through the frame rails (where the sill with the pony on it sits) which is normal but instead of exiting through one of the drain holes in front of the rear tire, it would run right into the passenger floor pan. The cause was gaps in the seam sealer between the floor pan welds and the frame. Cleaned it up and spread seam sealer all along any welded seam I could find. Problem solved and it hasn't leaked in 15 years. It's an 03 GT. I agree with the other fine folks, check everything and get an extended warranty from the dealer. Electrical gremlins in a basic car like my 03 are troublesome, but in a super, state of the art high tech car like the s650 it could be a nightmare with all of the body control modules in these beasts... Best wishes!! Sorry for the long post.

OP
OP
VenomGT3

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Thank you all for your positive outlook
If the window sticker got wet, it could either be from water running down on it OR just moisture from the soaked interior being absorbed by the paper window sticker. Do you see any sign of water tracks either on the sticker or elsewhere? If you do, that might give you an indication of where the leak originated from. Having dealt with Ford and leaks I have found that Ford's robots are cheap with the seam sealer and leave gaps. So in my case, the passenger side floor would flood when it rained and the car was parked nose high. I went crazy with hose, water, etc and could find nothing. I didn't initially make the connection that it only flooded when the car was parked on a hill, nose up. Once I figured that out, I removed the front passenger seat and pulled back the carpet and got in the car with everything closed while my wife sprayed the hose around. It didn't take long to see that water was running from the front of the car, through the frame rails (where the sill with the pony on it sits) which is normal but instead of exiting through one of the drain holes in front of the rear tire, it would run right into the passenger floor pan. The cause was gaps in the seam sealer between the floor pan welds and the frame. Cleaned it up and spread seam sealer all along any welded seam I could find. Problem solved and it hasn't leaked in 15 years. It's an 03 GT. I agree with the other fine folks, check everything and get an extended warranty from the dealer. Electrical gremlins in a basic car like my 03 are troublesome, but in a super, state of the art high tech car like the s650 it could be a nightmare with all of the body control modules in these beasts... Best wishes!! Sorry for the long post.

OP
OP
VenomGT3

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I live in Florida, was at the dealer all day, back at it tomorrow to finalize the financing but I got the car home I’m going to do some testing, and see if it returns in anyway I’m going to go to Lowe’s and get some damp rid to put in the back, just to confirm it’s fully dry and hope for the best I see no trace of water anywhere else? There is water when I rolled the window down and back up the glass is moist

Thanks for the reply’s

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I live in Florida, was at the dealer all day, back at it tomorrow to finalize the financing but I got the car home I’m going to do some testing, and see if it returns in anyway I’m going to go to Lowe’s and get some damp rid to put in the back, just to confirm it’s fully dry and hope for the best I see no trace of water anywhere else? There is water when I rolled the window down and back up the glass is moist

Thanks for the reply’s
Best wishes !

OP
OP
VenomGT3

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
My heart wouldn’t allow me to refuse the car, honestly I wanted to tell ford to F off, but I know deep down they will simply wet dry vac it and it will be for-sale tomorrow

this is the worst scenario anyone could wish it was mentally and emotionally draining as sad as that sounds it’s not every day you buy a 70,000 mustang and this is the most expensive mustang I’ve ever owned and it’s my 4th

if it was cosmetic damage or motordamage I would have walked away those are the most detrimental to me, having motor issues, or needing a new car repainted would be the knife in the back

I’m going to pray my suspicions of the window scenario of it’s something more like a seal you guys mentioned I’ll simply make them fix the issue once they get all the parts in for the repair hopefully they can do testing when the entire carpet is removed and the recarro is replaced,

I’m also feeling better because it’s the passenger side, and I ordered recarro which have no motors or wires underneath them,

thank you all for your responses, suggestions and taking time out of your day to help a fellow mustang enthusiast I’ll keep you posted if any new discoveries I wish you all luck with your deliveries

I spent so much time at the dealer I didn’t have time to was it or take more photos I’m at work now, one thing I will say the stock exhaust is waaaaaayyy too quite for me coming from castles longtube headers corsa extreme! My first order of business is window film, and dumping the toaster for corsa double x pipe

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
My heart wouldn’t allow me to refuse the car, honestly I wanted to tell ford to F off, but I know deep down they will simply wet dry vac it and it will be for-sale tomorrow

this is the worst scenario anyone could wish it was mentally and emotionally draining as sad as that sounds it’s not every day you buy a 70,000 mustang and this is the most expensive mustang I’ve ever owned and it’s my 4th

if it was cosmetic damage or motordamage I would have walked away those are the most detrimental to me, having motor issues, or needing a new car repainted would be the knife in the back

I’m going to pray my suspicions of the window scenario of it’s something more like a seal you guys mentioned I’ll simply make them fix the issue once they get all the parts in for the repair hopefully they can do testing when the entire carpet is removed and the recarro is replaced,

I’m also feeling better because it’s the passenger side, and I ordered recarro which have no motors or wires underneath them,

thank you all for your responses, suggestions and taking time out of your day to help a fellow mustang enthusiast I’ll keep you posted if any new discoveries I wish you all luck with your deliveries

I spent so much time at the dealer I didn’t have time to was it or take more photos I’m at work now, one thing I will say the stock exhaust is waaaaaayyy too quite for me coming from castles longtube headers corsa extreme! My first order of business is window film, and dumping the toaster for corsa double x pipe
crazy how an exciting day can turn into a frustrating day. and then back to an exciting day. Hopefully they throw you a bone of some sort (free oil changes, extra ford pass points) if they didn't come off some extra warranty. Either way, enjoy the heck out of it!

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Wow CEL and not even 30 miles on the car...

OP
OP
VenomGT3

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Went, they scanned found nothing. Reset said drive around

S650 Mustang Picking up 2024 GT fully loaded Water damaged IMG_0766

OP
OP