• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

EU deliveries sooner than expected?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Dude, stop comparing cars that came out almost 10 years ago. "When the Stang came to Europe for the first time, you could get it fully equipped for little over 40K" (or in your words: almost half of the prices now). Bla bla.....
Yeah people should realize pricing has changed a lot of most industries in the last decade. I also bought my 2015 GT for 42kā‚¬ in Germany, same spec would likely be 60.800ā‚¬ now. But I still think it's a great deal for what you get nowadays.
And it shouldn't be hard to find a dealer that grants 8-10% discount, so you can get the car in a 55-60kā‚¬ range. That's pretty much what you pay for a Golf R.

I just don't think the 70kā‚¬+ for a Dark Horse is that much of a good deal performance wise. You have to compare it to a M2 then (you can get big discounts on them), who easily beats the DH in every performance metric and obviously has way interior materials
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Yeah people should realize pricing has changed a lot of most industries in the last decade. I also bought my 2015 GT for 42kā‚¬ in Germany, same spec would likely be 60.800ā‚¬ now. But I still think it's a great deal for what you get nowadays.
And it shouldn't be hard to find a dealer that grants 8-10% discount, so you can get the car in a 55-60kā‚¬ range. That's pretty much what you pay for a Golf R.

I just don't think the 70kā‚¬+ for a Dark Horse is that much of a good deal performance wise. You have to compare it to a M2 then (you can get big discounts on them), who easily beats the DH in every performance metric and obviously has way interior materials
on the other hand I guess the rebates on a Golf R are pretty good as well :)

Reactions: Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
on the other hand I guess the rebates on a Golf R are pretty good as well :)
Yeah, it's always hard to directly compare prices with all the different discounts you can get. I recently saw a dealer giving 15% on a M2 order, that's quite crazy and brings low spec models into sub 70k prices.
I guess it comes down to if you want to be early owner of a EU S650 will most likely won't get any big discounts, but if you can wait a year or two you have much more room to negoitate the price.

For the C8 here the situation always was you want the car or you want discounts. No dealer gave anything šŸ˜‚

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Yeah, it's always hard to directly compare prices with all the different discounts you can get. I recently saw a dealer giving 15% on a M2 order, that's quite crazy and brings low spec models into sub 70k prices.
I guess it comes down to if you want to be early owner of a EU S650 will most likely won't get any big discounts, but if you can wait a year or two you have much more room to negoitate the price.

For the C8 here the situation always was you want the car or you want discounts. No dealer gave anything šŸ˜‚
knowing dealers in Germany I wouldn't count on big discounts for S650's :)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
On paper at least the previous Yaris (and new Yaris) was slower than the S550 Mustang V8. Now the Dark Horse at Ā£65k + in manual is slower.

Okay Iā€™ll compare the Dark Horse to a Yaris, BMW M2 and 4 litre GTS Cayman.

Blaming it all on inflation is lame, inflation say CPI or RPI is a measure of certain constituents that may not all be relevant. Plus it may be countered by more efficient manufacturing processes etc.
The question is more not about inflation but are people willing or can they pay for a Ā£65k car thatā€™s slower than a Yaris, with the V8 engine sound muted and no option for handling pack.

Got to love those EU regulations.
Automotive / manufacturing cost inflation is probably worse than general inflation - clearly not 'lame'.

I am more than happy with a Mustang V8 that is slower than a Yaris GR.

You obviously hate the new Mustang, so stick with your old one and stop whining on this thread.

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Automotive / manufacturing cost inflation is probably worse than general inflation - clearly not 'lame'.

I am more than happy with a Mustang V8 that is slower than a Yaris GR.

You obviously hate the new Mustang, so stick with your old one and stop whining on this thread.
You're one of the biggest whingers on the forum!
Do we all need fall behind you then, with no critism allowed? Or are we allowed an honest discussion about the price of the Dark Horse?!
I will say the Dark Horse external design is a vast improvment over the S550 2018 refresh, and looks way better than the new M2.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Do we all need fall behind you then, with no critism allowed? Or are we allowed an honest discussion about the price of the Dark Horse?!
I will say the Dark Horse external design is a vast improvment over the S550 2018 refresh, and looks way better than the new M2.
I was a reader for a long long time and just joined the forum so I can comment as well.

What I noticed is that there is a handful of people on this forum, who think that they can decide things for others.

When somebody has a negative experience or has some critics about the Mustang, they all stand up and comment like;

"Stop crying if you hate the Mustang then just leave"

"The only thing you can do is cry about how bad the Mustang is, get over it, you are just not made foe this car"

"Sell your car and join a Miata forum if you dislike the Mustang"

I'm totally done with those guys. Why do they feel to comment on threads that they dislike? If you don't like how others have negative experience about the steering wheel, the tires, the exhaust sound, the transmission or anything else. Just scroll further until you find a topic that you do like.

The admins should stop this behaviour as well. Everybody has it's own experience, wether it is a good or bad one.

But these handfull of cowboys on this forum who think that can decide to make others stop sharing their experience is ruining the forum more and more.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I've just bought a new Mustang

You never stop moaning about the Mustang price

We had a discussion about the price of the DH. You moaned, I explained why I thought it was completely unsurprising how it was priced.

You spat the dummy

Live with it....

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
To be honest, IF I am getting a new Stang, I would go for the DH. Since my dad used to work at Ford, we get employer discounts and for the Mustang they are always 12%. Let's say I get the DH with AT as it is for 75.5K (because you can't really choose anything on top of it except the DH package which I don't need), I would end up around 66Kā‚¬. I am down to that.
Sponsored