• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recent deliveries and holes

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Closed up the holes today, that’s one hell of a tape, almost pulled the skin off my fingers! But overall easy install without lifting the car, just had to full turn tires away to open hand space.

And i did indeed find a couple of pebbles in there which i removed prior to closing up, in less than 120 miles.

last pic, that black triangle is reflection of the tape, not a pending opening.

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_4075.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg
Thanks for posting the pics. I plan on doing this to my Mustang once it comes in. I may even tape the holes at the dealership before I drive away. So did you have to remove the belly pans or side skirts (or whatever they are called) to remove the few pebbles you mentioned finding in there before closing up the holes? I was told I would need to put the car on ramps or on a lift to remove the protectors and clean out the stones. Unfortunately I don't have ramps or a lift but maybe I'll get lucky and there won't be any stones in there.
Sponsored

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Thanks for posting the pics. I plan on doing this to my Mustang once it comes in. I may even tape the holes at the dealership before I drive away. So did you have to remove the belly pans or side skirts (or whatever they are called) to remove the few pebbles you mentioned finding in there before closing up the holes? I was told I would need to put the car on ramps or on a lift to remove the protectors and clean out the stones. Unfortunately I don't have ramps or a lift but maybe I'll get lucky and there won't be any stones in there.
I didn’t remove any panels or parts or lift the car, i just had to turn the tires side ways to get more space, by the time i was in my garage it had 50 miles in total, and there were only a handful of pebbles, i removed those i could see with my hand and a spoon for further ones.

800 miles so far, and I checked on the tape, still well in place, even after a pressure wash.

I do agree its better to do it at dealer while its as clean as it gets.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I didn’t remove any panels or parts or lift the car, i just had to turn the tires side ways to get more space, by the time i was in my garage it had 50 miles in total, and there were only a handful of pebbles, i removed those i could see with my hand and a spoon for further ones.

800 miles so far, and I checked on the tape, still well in place, even after a pressure wash.

I do agree its better to do it at dealer while its as clean as it gets.
Wow so you didn't have to remove the side skirts at all to remove the pebbles? That's very good to know and I appreciate the info. So I guess there's room to get your hand up in there and a spoon too. Honestly I've never really taken a close up look at the opening (just in pics). I'm curious if you had pebbles on both the driver's and passenger's side?

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Wow so you didn't have to remove the side skirts at all to remove the pebbles? That's very good to know and I appreciate the info. So I guess there's room to get your hand up in there and a spoon too. Honestly I've never really taken a close up look at the opening (just in pics). I'm curious if you had pebbles on both the driver's and passenger's side?
I had almost same amount on both sides, I hate to remove panels and parts on a new car, cause that introduces room for rattles.

The area is not too wide to fit a hand, just a finger or two for the inner opening, and holding a spoon with finger tips for the outer one.

see pic below, one i shallow on the inner side, one is deeper on the outer side, separated.

S650 Mustang Recent deliveries and holes IMG_4069

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Would a vacuum work? Too late for me though.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Would a vacuum work? Too late for me though.
It might - I actually have this weird vacuum attachment for cleaning out a dryer vent that just might work. I think my car might be at the dealership today but not 100% sure. Hopefully I get work soon and can go check it out in the flesh.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
If you have pebbles or rocks in the left and right belly pans or whatever you won't to call them. No way your getting them out without removing them. They travel to back of them. Had my car on the lift yesterday. Those strakes force some air into the holes in the spashshields. I'm worried if you cover them the moisture will stay inside. Just a thought. The heat from the exhaust which runs along the side of both of them might create an issue. Personally don't know why they are there in the first place. Undercarriage wash won't hit the under body with them in place. Maybe part of the areo dynamics? But then again non pp an dh doesn't have the strakes, it's mystery, unless Ford tells us why.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
If you have pebbles or rocks in the left and right belly pans or whatever you won't to call them. No way your getting them out without removing them. They travel to back of them. Had my car on the lift yesterday. Those strakes force some air into the holes in the spashshields. I'm worried if you cover them the moisture will stay inside. Just a thought. The heat from the exhaust which runs along the side of both of them might create an issue. Personally don't know why they are there in the first place. Undercarriage wash won't hit the under body with them in place. Maybe part of the areo dynamics? But then again non pp an dh doesn't have the strakes, it's mystery, unless Ford tells us why.
Well crap that doesn't sound promising as I really don't have a way to get the car up in the air to remove the belly pans. It sounded promising from the other poster that I might be able to get the stones out without removing the belly pans but I can see an issue with the stone traveling all the way to the back part.

As for the moisture getting trapped inside I thought someone commented that there are other opening(s) along there somewhere that would allow moisture to evaporate and drain? Honestly I wish Ford would just tell us why these holes are there and if it's okay to cover them up.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
THAT is the big question!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
With a long piece of rubber hose ...
Something like that might work? Might be an option instead of removing the side skirts. My GT made it to the dealer today and I was able to take a sneak peak it at and knock on wood things looked pretty good. I'm going over there tomorrow afternoon to take a much closer look and go for a drive before I fully commit to it.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Well all my other cars are closed up behind wheel wells, never had any noticeable issue, nor did i care if moisture or whatever builds up… and they lived 12+ years rust free (in Dubai at 45 degrees C with 70% humidity)

But leaving it open to collect road debris doesn’t sound right in any way.
Sponsored