• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recent deliveries and holes

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
In the event we should cover up the holes. I work in the autobody industry, I have been taking the factory felt splash shields from crashed vehicles. So I could make something that looks factory. But story for another day.
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
So when I picked up my car, I took the under shields off. Removed all all the under shields removed all the rocks. Used... this...https://www.autozone.com/greases-and-gear-oil/multi-purpose-anti-rust-lube/p/fluid-film-powerful-rust-corrosion-protection-aerosol-spray-11-75oz/253803_0_0?cmpid=LIA:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:pER:19488533498&&CATARGETID=120054150001289410&CADevice=m&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw_LOwBhBFEiwAmSEQAQY_XHJigDLgbLoTg-ViZU7TZhRE4vjCfUPOezG_k-xnABKBNgHMexoChkEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I coated everything suspension and all, having a lift helps. Put the shields back on. When and if we find out this hole is by design, I feel like I am protected. I live in New England. I don't drive in the snow but all ways salt dust after the roads are treated. Keeps everything rust free underneath like new. 2 and a half cans did the entire under body. I turn my own wrenches, this makes it nicer to work on down the road. Once a year treatment. Home Depot also has it. Safe for anything, doesn't have any solvent.
Did you have a lot of rocks that had collected in those holes already?

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Did you have a lot of rocks that had collected in those holes already?
When I first picked the car up I did. My guess from before the car was delivered. Haven't had the shields off since when first delivered. I will have it on the lift this weekend to see what's there?. I don't drive anywhere that has rocks that big here? I live on the coast mostly sand.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
When I first picked the car up I did. My guess from before the car was delivered. Haven't had the shields off since when first delivered. I will have it on the lift this weekend to see what's there?. I don't drive anywhere that has rocks that big here? I live on the coast mostly sand.
I could hear them rattling around when I first got it, zero rattles after I cleaned them out. They must drive them around on gravel parking lots those Pzeros pick up tons of rocks. I put on A/S Continental after picking it up.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Dumb question, but how are you guys getting the rocks that have accumulated out?
Vaccum?
Banging on the belly pan?

FWIW I purchased DIYvan kit and it's very well made.

TIA

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Dumb question, but how are you guys getting the rocks that have accumulated out?
Vaccum?
Banging on the belly pan?

FWIW I purchased DIYvan kit and it's very well made.

TIA
You take off both shields under the car that run along the right and left sides. They are held on the came as the shield you remove to change the oil.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
You take off both shields under the car that run along the right and left sides. They are held on the came as the shield you remove to change the oil.
Can we easily take off the shields without the car being on a lift or on ramps?

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Can we easily take off the shields without the car being on a lift or on ramps?
Would be a pia without a lift or ramps and or on jack stands.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Closed up the holes today, that’s one hell of a tape, almost pulled the skin off my fingers! But overall easy install without lifting the car, just had to full turn tires away to open hand space.

And i did indeed find a couple of pebbles in there which i removed prior to closing up, in less than 120 miles.

last pic, that black triangle is reflection of the tape, not a pending opening.

S650 Mustang Recent deliveries and holes IMG_3893

S650 Mustang Recent deliveries and holes IMG_4075

S650 Mustang Recent deliveries and holes IMG_4079

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
What made you choose the Flex Tape over the kit? Cost?

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
What made you choose the Flex Tape over the kit? Cost?
Yup, am not in US, given its higher cost, plus the shipping, it ends up being over priced. Plus its not a visually exposed nor moving part. So. Flex tape seemed enough for the job.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
Yup, am not in US, given its higher cost, plus the shipping, it ends up being over priced. Plus its not a visually exposed nor moving part. So. Flex tape seemed enough for the job.
Makes sense!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Yea, Flex-Tape is some serious chit.
Sponsored