• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
If you talk about pure horsepower numbers, sure. But in performance number the EU GT is sadly in the mix with M240i, 3.0l Supra and even Golf R.
Not speaking performance numbers but in speed the mustang will be as fast as those.

It will walk the Golf R easily, I am not sure how many car lengths I pulled on a tuned Golf 7 R ... The new M240i is 1.4-1.5s slower 100-200 compared to my GT and the 0-100 was similar (difficult to replicate time after time with rwd only) and the base price (m240i) is more or less the same as the current GT prices here

Also when weighing in soft factors such looks, feeling, sound, presence etc then in my opinion there is no competition among the list of cars you mention. From what I have seen my old GT would keep up with e.g the new RS3 sedan. The new M2 most likely not but than one starts at 74k EUR here.

A C7 RS6 was faster at speed but not by much

So in straight line speed at speed it is plenty fast, however it was way more bang for buck some years ago for sure

Should have got BMW I4 M50 when I could. It's fast af(100-200 in 8.5 is no joke) and a good daily šŸ˜‚ and kept the MX5 for pure driving
Sponsored

Last edited:

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I do know what Iā€™m doing - discussing a car I love, for better or worse.

The only lightening up needs to be from the butthurt crowd. Like, go get some aloe or something. šŸ˜‡
Absolutely agree. Sometimes it's tough to read through the butthurt crowd. But, it's the day and age of everything offending everybody if they don't agree. Nobody is allowed a difference of opinion. Sorry, I'm old school. If my opinion hurts the butthurt, too f*ing bad. You'll survive, cupcake. I promise.

I've owned every iteration of the Mustang, even the Mustang II. I've been a fan of the car since I was 11 and that was a hell of a long time ago. I do not like the S650 at all. I hate the design both exterior and interior. But I do hope it sells well, as the original pony car needs to hang around. Sadly, I do not think it's going to sell well. There is not enough meat on the bone for what I think Ford is going to price the car at. When 50k EV's can embarrass a Mustang, pricing a Mustang in the 65 to 70k mark (yes that's what I think the DH is going price at) folks are going to pass. An ICE sound is not a selling point these days. My guess is that a fully loaded GT is going to be just shy of the 60k mark, and I just don't see folks biting.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Not speaking performance numbers but in speed the mustang will be as fast as those.

It will walk the Golf R easily, I am not sure how many car lengths I pulled on a tuned Golf 7 R ...

Also when weighing in soft factors such looks, feeling, sound, presence etc then in my opinion there is no competition among the list of cars you mention. From what I have seen my old GT would keep up with e.g the new RS3. The new M2 most likely not but than one starts at 74k EUR here
Itā€™s really difficult to compare the upcoming S650 with any European competitorā€¦ One can compare the performance or the build quality as those are ā€˜hardā€™ facts but thatā€™s about it. Unfortunately however, I donā€™t think that the EU Mustang is going to win in any of these areas. It will win almost all other ā€˜softā€™ departments like sound, feel, presence (how it turns heads and how unique it is) though.

Letā€™s take the M240i: AWD, much better build quality and a lower price at least here in Germany. It doesnā€™t have a V8, it doesnā€™t turn heads and it looks almost like any other BMW on our roads. I donā€™t think it wins in any of those mentioned soft parameters. Is it a better car? Depends I would argueā€¦ For people like me, who would like to drive a proper V8 first and foremost and enjoy having a somewhat unique car itā€™s not even in the mix. For people like me there are ~hardly~ any competitors left that offer a V8 and a price tag below 70K. For those who want a fast performance car first and foremost there are better option.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Itā€™s really difficult to compare the upcoming S650 with any European competitorā€¦ One can compare the performance or the build quality as those are ā€˜hardā€™ facts but thatā€™s about it. Unfortunately however, I donā€™t think that the EU Mustang is going to win in any of these areas. It will win almost all other ā€˜softā€™ departments like sound, feel, presence (how it turns heads and how unique it is) though.

Letā€™s take the M240i: AWD, much better build quality and a lower price at least here in Germany. It doesnā€™t have a V8, it doesnā€™t turn heads and it looks almost like any other BMW on our roads. I donā€™t think it wins in any of those mentioned soft parameters. Is it a better car? Depends I would argueā€¦ For people like me, who would like to drive a proper V8 first and foremost and enjoy having a somewhat unique car itā€™s not even in the mix. For people like me there are ~hardly~ any competitors left that offer a V8 and a price tag below 70K. For those who want a fast performance car first and foremost there are better option.

The M240i xDrive is still on my shortlist with the Mustang GT PP.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Stock the GT has the M240 maybe not 0-100 with the OEM tires. I would say in any other performance measure it will be on par or better

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock the GT has the M240 maybe not 0-100 with the OEM tires. I would say in any other performance measure it will be on par or better
Yeah, 0-60MPH or 0-100KPH, the M240i xDrive is coming in right around 3.8 seconds. That's every day, every pull and not on a prepped surface. Those kind of numbers will be hard for the traction limited Mustang to achieve I would think.

I've seen some with a mild tune and exhaust hitting 60 in 3 seconds flat - just not sure how reliable the turbos will be after a few hard pulls.....

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, 0-60MPH or 0-100KPH, the M240i xDrive is coming in right around 3.8 seconds. That's every day, every pull and not on a prepped surface. Those kind of numbers will be hard for the traction limited Mustang to achieve I would think.

I've seen some with a mild tune and exhaust hitting 60 in 3 seconds flat - just not sure how reliable the turbos will be after a few hard pulls.....
I was pretty consistent on the street but not those times though (0-100 without 1ft roll out)

S650 Mustang Official!  All-New 2024 Mustang S650 Dark Horse Delivers 500 HP,  GT 486 HP, EcoBoost 315 HP C20E3575-668D-4B1E-9990-E1D1774B4ED3

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
The M240i xDrive is still on my shortlist with the Mustang GT PP.
I've been eyeing the M240i XDrive too, along with the RS3. I just can't get past missing out on that V8 sound. I've had nothing but V8's for 30+years.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been eyeing the M240i XDrive too, along with the RS3. I just can't get past missing out on that V8 sound. I've had nothing but V8's for 30+years.
I just can't believe how much cornering grip the M240i xDrive has.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I just can't believe how much cornering grip the M240i xDrive has.
These AWD B58 BMWs are like the 0-60 sluts of modern ICE cars. Insane traction

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These AWD B58 BMWs are like the 0-60 sluts of modern ICE cars. Insane traction
But, like you said. It doesn't have that V8 sound that the Mustang has. It's going to be a tough choice. Do I buy the car that has more heritage, sound and presence or do I buy the car that I can drive even when the weather is bad?

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Absolutely agree. Sometimes it's tough to read through the butthurt crowd. But, it's the day and age of everything offending everybody if they don't agree. Nobody is allowed a difference of opinion. Sorry, I'm old school. If my opinion hurts the butthurt, too f*ing bad. You'll survive, cupcake. I promise.

I've owned every iteration of the Mustang, even the Mustang II. I've been a fan of the car since I was 11 and that was a hell of a long time ago. I do not like the S650 at all. I hate the design both exterior and interior. But I do hope it sells well, as the original pony car needs to hang around. Sadly, I do not think it's going to sell well. There is not enough meat on the bone for what I think Ford is going to price the car at. When 50k EV's can embarrass a Mustang, pricing a Mustang in the 65 to 70k mark (yes that's what I think the DH is going price at) folks are going to pass. An ICE sound is not a selling point these days. My guess is that a fully loaded GT is going to be just shy of the 60k mark, and I just don't see folks biting.
Well said. I don't get this online S650 D-Riding Squad. The car is not even out yet. Ford does not get a free pass from criticism just for being the only American sports/pony/muscle with an ICE. If Ford is pushed to make an amazing product, it might make Chevrolet and Dodge bring back an ICE competitor in the future. On the surface, the S650 lacks charisma, something the S550 did not lack from the very beginning. It is what it is. That said, I'm confident Ford will address the lackluster design with a refresh down the line, if the ICE Mustang survives that long.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
But, like you said. It doesn't have that V8 sound that the Mustang has. It's going to be a tough choice. Do I buy the car that has more heritage, sound and presence or do I buy the car that I can drive even when the weather is bad?
One thingā€™s for sure, between a TTI6 and a NA V8, one of these is going to be much, much rarer in the coming years

But both are good choices

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
One thingā€™s for sure, between a TTI6 and a NA V8, one of these is going to be much, much rarer in the coming years

But both are good choices
The 5 cylinder RS models are golden on the sound department

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
If we want to talk about performance, Ford SHOULD HAVE optionally offered AWD or LESS WEIGHT. People tend to forget that weight plays a huge role. Put 100 pounds away and see the magic happens.
Ford really should have tried to imitate the NA 4.2l V8 from Audi. Yeah it's down on power but it revs so fast and clean the Coyote is still trying to ponderously climb the tachometer and I'm in the next gear and hauling ass without the agricultural thrashy-thrashy going on up front.

With Ford and VW joined at the hip, I don't get why they didn't just license the 2015-vintage quattro.
Sponsored