• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
So, it moved like a Mach1 with 4% more power... woooooooooow.
Not sure what you want. If you're complaining that this isn't powerful enough, just wait for the inevitable Shelby models or something. The important thing is it's an improvement over the already incredible mach 1. It's more promising that the cars we got at the launch of the s550.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Not sure what you want. If you're complaining that this isn't powerful enough, just wait for the inevitable Shelby models or something. The important thing is it's an improvement over the already incredible mach 1. It's more promising that the cars we got at the launch of the s550.
People are just upset they're still paying off their S550s šŸ˜‚

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Point was pretty clear. Not impressive. Also, not really. When the 2015 GT came out the Performance Package trim was already faster/fast as the BOSS 302 and handled better. It didn't need a special trim to do that. Also the GT350 and GT350R was announced with performance WELL over that. So... you're saying that a BOSS level GT and a GT350 were not promissing?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I love how this sounds, but I also loved the how the Gen 3 Coyote sounded, as well.

I donā€™t find the noise from the Voodoo to be particularly great.
At least the VooDoo is identifiable with its ā€œnoiseā€ā€¦

This exhaust sounds somewhere along the lines of a Jaguar F-Type v8, Caddyand 392 Scat.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Not sure what you were hoping for. Sounds better than any other stock 5.0.
Sounds better than most modified 5.0s. I had several setups including the Corsa extremes and it never sounded this good

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Point was pretty clear. Not impressive. Also, not really. When the 2015 GT came out the Performance Package trim was already faster/fast as the BOSS 302 and handled better. It didn't need a special trim to do that. Also the GT350 and GT350R was announced with performance WELL over that. So... you're saying that a BOSS level GT and a GT350 were not promissing?
It took like what? 6-12 months before the gt350 was revealed? It was an impressive car, but the dark horse will likely be better all around. The gt350's biggest selling point was also it's greatest weakness, the voodoo. A great performance engine, when they weren't blowing up, which they did all the time, at least at first. The 5.0 in the DH will offer a power output that's very competitive with what the gt350 offered, with a solid chassis, and a rock solid powertrain. Never said I didn't know what point you were making, so there's no need to be condescending. I said I didn't know what you wanted, or were expecting. The car just came out, it takes a little bit of time before the batshit crazy models are released. I see people comparing the dark horse to things like the gt500, they're missing the point.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
STOP THE PRESS!
This has to be the most absurd comment in the entire history of Mustang forums.
Joking, but serious.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
That makes two of us.

If POV videos are anything to go by, I think the Voodoo sounds better from the inside than the outside. Personally I prefer the Coyote's bass coupled with the active exhaust.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
STOP THE PRESS!
This has to be the most absurd comment in the entire history of Mustang forums.
Joking, but serious.
Many people prefer deeper Coyote rumble over raspy Voodoo. I definitely like my Mach 1's more. But to each his own, GT350 is an amazing car.

I think I came to a personal conclusion that S650 is great looking, if you're not comparing it to S550. I find no good reason to "upgrade" from Mach 1 to Dark Horse for me at all. But kinda started liking the headlights and taillights, on their own. So for new Mustang owners, why not, it's attractive.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Iā€™ve seen some attractive Camarosā€¦ it looks a lot like one.
This is off topic, but I wouldn't say "a lot". Having my 1LE since 2013, I'm VERY familiar with the 5th Gen/6th Gen silhouette and know very well which cues on the S650 are the same, and which aren't. To your comment, yes, the kick up on the rear haunches is similar, very similar. So is the pinched angle just above the taillights. But the late 60s fastback Mustangs had the same style kick up and pinched rear. So, I thought to myself - is S650 really taking cues from an existing car or cues harkening back to the 1st Gen Mustang? I think it's clear Ford meant to do the latter.

With that said, looking at S650 from the rear three-quarter angle, the fastback roof and light body line that barely dissects the reach haunches clearly distinguishes S650 from the existing Camaro. But, I guess people have to complain about something.