• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but it seems to me the missing ambient lighting is likely a supplier issue rather than Ford trying to cut costs. Assuming Ford could not procure the necessary parts, they had two realistic options. 1 - Delay the release of the cars or 2 - Produce the cars without all the ambient lighting. I expect Ford figured it was better to stick to the initial timeline than delay production for a minor feature. Not minimizing the fact people were expecting the full ambient lighting as part of their buying decisions, but as a whole it is a minor item and not worth delaying production.

Where I think Ford has messed up is in not communicating the change to the customers. At a minimum they could have provided a note on the builder regarding the change or sent an email to those who ordered early. People do not like it when they are told one thing, then left to discover for themselves that they did not get what was promised.
Ford never advertised that the S650 would have ambient lights in the cupholders.

So there was no change for them to communicate, send an email about nor provide a note about.
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford never advertised that the S650 would have ambient lights in the cupholders.

So there was no change for them to communicate, send an email about nor provide a note about.
A screenshot of their advertisement is posted in this thread

S650 Mustang S650 Approach Detection, Ambient Lighting, Exhaust Sounds, Remote Rev (Video) ambient light options

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red

So there was no change for them to communicate, send an email or provide a note about.
I was commenting based on the ones who shared screenshots of the ambient lighting details which listed the cup holders and rear footwells of having ambient lighting. They were complaining about Ford not delivering what was promised, and that was the basis for my comment. Is what they shared not part of the details provided for the S650?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
A screenshot of their advertisement is posted in this thread

ambient light options.png
I'd be interested in a link (I'm assuming it's been archived?) to the source for that.

@Evo1986 mentions it was part of Ford's online configurator at one point in time, but I don't ever recall seeing that option for cupholders with ambient lighting

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Yes that was back before you could order the cars in the states. I mean where else I should get these from? Photoshop? :D

Let us assume the information didn't existed, why then not at least offering the SAME as S550? The whole car is the same old car, chassis, engine as the S550. Don't buy the marketing bla bla from Ford (4th generation coyote bla bla). So all you have to do is to duplicate it 1:1. Anyway I will not put futher input in this, because I am getting more upset...

I really hope they will offer it at later production stage (also for Europe) or at least with the FL
Sponsored