• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Back2Gas

At ~3 minute mark, you mention no setting for the display brightness.

I was reading through the Owner's Manual and found this on page 399:
1000025226.jpg

But it apparently is only for the center stack display.

See if this is true or not.
Sponsored

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
As mentioned before, 3 out of 4 areas mentioned below are completely missing. That is a really upsetting. I mean for those of you who don't care, okay. But for me personally it is a no-go. I really hope it will be offered in Europe later next year.

S650 Mustang S650 Approach Detection, Ambient Lighting, Exhaust Sounds, Remote Rev (Video) ambient light options

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
As mentioned before, 3 out of 4 areas mentioned below are completely missing. That is a really upsetting. I mean for those of you who don't care, okay. But for me personally it is a no-go. I really hope it will be offered in Europe later next year.

ambient light options.png
@Ford Motor Company

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
And apparently the instrument display brightness is controlled as S550 with the dim/bright control on the headlight switch panel:
S650 Mustang S650 Approach Detection, Ambient Lighting, Exhaust Sounds, Remote Rev (Video) 1000025227

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Seriously ambient lighting only applying to the front footwell and door handles is insane. This is both really lame, and also false advertising by @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I forgot to mention that this is not my video

My S650 is stuck at New Boston :p

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

Is this for the 401a package? Wondering if package levels have something to do with the ambient lighting? I'm a sucker for cool interior lights, too. Wife's Acura lights up like an aircraft flight deck which I love. C'mon, Ford. Deliver what was promised!

Edit: I can't find in the order guide where this screenshot is, but the 401a includes illuminated door sill scuff plates. Mine better light up!

Last edited:

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I went back and watched a couple of the early videos on YouTube after the reveal (Raiti's Rides and Doug DeMuro), and from what I could tell, the cupholders did not have the LED ring at the bottom. Granted these were early preproduction cars (they may have actually been the same car), but that seems like a pretty cheap decision by Ford to omit the ambient lighting there. I always liked the ambient lighting on my 2015.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
My 2011 Shelby has better ambient lighting Not impressed a downgrade. They were the only ambient lighting you could see clearly the others are barely perceptible. Fords negligible savings on No cup holders lamp is a Ludicrously poor decision. SHAME!
I agree! They did the same thing with our 22’ Expedition. Our 18’ Expedition had cup holder lights but the 22’ does not. I was sad.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Is this for the 401a package? Wondering if package levels have something to do with the ambient lighting? I'm a sucker for cool interior lights, too. Wife's Acura lights up like an aircraft flight deck which I love. C'mon, Ford. Deliver what was promised!

Edit: I can't find in the order guide where this screenshot is, but the 401a includes illuminated door sill scuff plates. Mine better light up!
My 700a Dark Horse better have them too!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I remember seeing something about the rear footwells lighting up aswell. I hope that is the case as I am someone who really enjoys ambient lighting and am disappointed with what I saw in the video. Mercedes has the best interior lighting in the industry.
I know my 2022 Audi A5 had awesome ambient lighting

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Those ambient light are not expensive either. I mean the wires and LED strings come from China anyway. Having less in a newer car is not acceptable!

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Those ambient light are not expensive either. I mean the wires and LED strings come from China anyway. Having less in a newer car is not acceptable!
To put that into perspective. Lets say that those strips cost 10 cents each. Ford puts 4 in each car. Ford produces say, 240,000 s650's through out the entire production run. That is $96k. Not a lot for ford. If they were to charge 80 cents for the whole package they would gain 96k in revenue per year. They are definitely cheaping out on us

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but it seems to me the missing ambient lighting is likely a supplier issue rather than Ford trying to cut costs. Assuming Ford could not procure the necessary parts, they had two realistic options. 1 - Delay the release of the cars or 2 - Produce the cars without all the ambient lighting. I expect Ford figured it was better to stick to the initial timeline than delay production for a minor feature. Not minimizing the fact people were expecting the full ambient lighting as part of their buying decisions, but as a whole it is a minor item and not worth delaying production.

Where I think Ford has messed up is in not communicating the change to the customers. At a minimum they could have provided a note on the builder regarding the change or sent an email to those who ordered early. People do not like it when they are told one thing, then left to discover for themselves that they did not get what was promised.
Sponsored