• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 S650 Mustang Steering Wheel

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Excuse me for asking but what does a flat bottom steering wheel provide in a mustang?
If it were a free upgrade to my current circular one, I would still keep the circular one. What am I missing or misunderstanding ?
It really does nothing, because the flat is small and the steering column has up/down adjustment. Just an appearance thing. And really that's good, because the absurdly large flat bottom steering wheels are not very functional.

It's a lot better to just have a smaller steering wheel. That makes it easier to turn quickly plus gives more room for legs, etc. More functional for sporty cars, IMO. Or if you want a calm cruiser type of vehicle it's good to have a big bulky steering wheel like the current Mustang.

At least we are not getting this.

1662568808383.jpeg
Agreed. That's fine for looking futuristic, but not very functional for anything but slow, deliberate driving.
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Iā€™m sorry, am I missing something? How can you possible tell from this photo.
S650 Mustang 2024 S650 Mustang Steering Wheel hud

That area up there. Might as well be some unintended dent but might also be cut out for a HUD. Although I have to admit that the positioning looks ... unique ... compared to the HUD in my BMW...

edit: saw the video this pic was taken from... no HUD

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
somebody in Ford is laughing their ass off that a sloppy fold in a bit of rug == possible HUD. :)
And how does someone suck so hard at photography that they can't polarize the shot? Anyone with an SLR wouldn't be this bad at it.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
somebody in Ford is laughing their ass off that a sloppy fold in a bit of rug == possible HUD. :)
And how does someone suck so hard at photography that they can't polarize the shot? Anyone with an SLR wouldn't be this bad at it.
Look at the reflection. Clearly a cell phone taking the picture. Lol

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Look at the reflection. Clearly a cell phone taking the picture. Lol
yes I know. my point was people need to stop using phones as cameras and buy a proper SLR and learn how to use it.

... yes, photo snob.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Steering wheel... that large squared off truck like center section, oh my, and please let that not be chrome finish on the spokes, oh my.
That tall squared off dash, please let it be be too much padding to cover it up. Like zoinks, Scoob.
At least the exhaust sounds terrific.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Just thought Iā€™d drop this here. Iā€™d take it!

47FDEF9D-9E31-497E-B78D-64474551A2B7.jpeg
Race car or where is this taken from? Can't be the regular GT...

I like the use of Alcantara and such. The steering wheel itself looks like it was taken from the C8 and optimized for racing...

I would like to know what in this picture is taken from the actual GT besides the airbag cover :D
Sponsored