• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
S650 had them flat bottomed wheels
seats with the fur (with the fur)
The whole club was lookin' at her
She hit the road (she hit the road)
Next thing you know
S650 got low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Great but do you guys think that the price of the s650 will be higher then the current s550?

I was looking at the s550 almost two years ago and ever since then the prices went up 2,000$ on all models.

I'm guessing the lowest s650 might start at no lower than 40k just like the new Z.

A loaded up S650 might be 55-60k.
I see GT starting at 40/45k. I'm willing to touch $100k for a special edition (Boss 302 or otherwise) as this is likely the last chance we'll get at an ICE Mustang.

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
There's a company in the UK that is doing a great job of upgrading the current S550's wheel with a flat bottom and better quality materials. If Ford could offer something like this stock, I'd be happy.

Royal Steering Wheel 2.jpg
That wheel looks really good what's the company's name if you don't mind sharing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC 90 T8
dd766 said:
Great but do you guys think that the price of the s650 will be higher then the current s550?

I was looking at the s550 almost two years ago and ever since then the prices went up 2,000$ on all models.

I'm guessing the lowest s650 might start at no lower than 40k just like the new Z.

A loaded up S650 might be 55-60k.

——————————————-———————

I guess you could be right. I wouldn’t expect an upgraded GT to sell at less than $ 55k

Since a 2021 Shelby GT (“based on manual transmission 300A, 2021 Mustang GT”), with it’s rather minor upgrades in the basic configuration, costs more than $ 62k (and the 2022 will cost more)

https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-GT-2021

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It would be nice if the wheel got a little smaller. The wheel in my FiST is small, and combined with a quick steering ratio it really makes the car feel sporty. The Mustang should get some of that. Maybe not quite as extreme as the FiST, but more responsive would be good.

Flat bottom is ok to me as long as it's subtle like the GT350 wheel. That was fine as I never noticed any issues when turning the wheel. Definitely don't want something crazy like the Ford GT or Corvette wheel that looks great at C&C, but will be a PITA to steer with.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Totally different price ranges, I don't think so. But since the Mustang6 is 8 years old when S650 launches, everything will feel like an upgrade
Shelby GT500 has entered the chat. 500 has the same interior as the GT, yet in Vette price range.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Not sure how above company creates the wheels and what they use as base. Usually companies like Guardiandesign, Meinlenkrad they use the OEM wheel and with foam padding created the flat bottom or top for that matter.

My wheel was made from Meinlenkrad and using a round OEM wheel

I did go for Alcantara, orange 12 marker, orange stiching and thickening of the wheel inwards so the outer diameter is the same as OEM

S650 Mustang S650 to feature a flat bottomed steering wheel 20220324_183248

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
I just hope they upgrade the materials on the steering wheel. The 2015 was horribly bad, like painted cheap plastic, the refresh upped that a bit but still doesn't feel like high quality leather.

But a flat bottemed Wheel is nice, a regular one just isn't looking as sporty
I guess I am the only one who actually likes the rubbery feel and texture of the 2015 wheel compared to the smoother later models...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Materials used is another area I wish the Mustang steering wheel were more like the FiST. I think the perforated leather is pretty good.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Shelby GT500 has entered the chat. 500 has the same interior as the GT, yet in Vette price range.
Interior is pretty much always relying on the base models. You can add better leather paddings or carbon inserts, but overall you can't compare the interior of a car starting at $65k with a a car starting at $27k.

That's actually the reason why I would prefer a C8 over a ZL1 or GT500, they just look as basic and kind of dated nowadays since the interior is 7 years old

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Interior is pretty much always relying on the base models. You can add better leather paddings or carbon inserts, but overall you can't compare the interior of a car starting at $65k with a a car starting at $27k.

That's actually the reason why I would prefer a C8 over a ZL1 or GT500, they just look as basic and kind of dated nowadays since the interior is 7 years old
Agree. Reason why I compared the 500 to the Vette.