• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Hybrid Coyote would really be the best of both worlds. I just hope it will be an PHEV and not a mild-hybrid. From what I heard the Z06 is a mild-hybrid which is a big disappointment.

As mentioned before, in the upcoming years I am in the market for a new daily driver with family capacity. So if all the rumors are true, a 4-door Mustang with V8 PHEV would be absolutely perfect for me. Cheap taxes thanks to the Hybrid, electric driving for short distances and V8 for the fun and Autobahn-Power.
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
The forum gets a mention in Australia too. Not sure of the basis of the claim that S650 is all but confirmed for right-hand-drive markets:
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-ne...and-four-cylinder-engines-new-s650-series-set

It might be that the S650 seems destined to race in the Australian Supercars series. The homologation team here has the direct involvement of Ford Performance in the USA in the homologation process, so it is looking good for the S650 down here:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/13/supercars-delays-gen3-to-2023/

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As a Brit, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you and your Australian friends for buying so many S550s........as you've probably tipped the balance in favour of producing RHD S650s! :)

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
My wife bought a Volvo XC-60 T8 recharge a month or so ago. Was driving back from LA just this weekend and mentioned to her (like she could give a shit) that I hope there's a Hybrid V8 in the next Stang.

That Volvo has a 2.0L 4 banger with a turbo charger and a supercharger. Supercharger blows thru the turbo, and it's clutched, so the SC can disengage.

Then it has a motor sandwiched between the engine and an 8 spd transmission. Separately, it has a motor that drives the rear wheels. All in, it's 400 hp and 470 lb/ft. It also can be plugged in and provide 20 miles of full electric driving up front. She gets equivalent to 50 mpg charging it once a day, overnight on 120v.

Shit is no joke off the line and in any situation really, not just for a Volvo.

Point is, it's remarkably seamless, fast and efficient. It would be cool applied to a V8 in a Mustang. That extra torque on demand would be really nice.

And if it's a hybrid, it'll get a little better mileage around town.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This I just found! Ford was or is still developing TWO hybrid powertrains for the S650!

https://it.linkedin.com/in/pedro-maradei-00484914

s650 mustang hybrid powerplants.png
Iā€™m not sure what to make of this. Pedro Maradei is in my LinkedIn connection circle. Iā€™ve never met him, because we are 3rd level connected. If youā€™re on LinkedIn you probably get that. My point is, his experience level at Ford as of today is LESS THAN what is shown in this post. So unless there are two Pedro Maradeiā€™s, both working in Fordā€™s Powertrain division, something is a bit fishy.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Coyote would really be the best of both worlds. I just hope it will be an PHEV and not a mild-hybrid. From what I heard the Z06 is a mild-hybrid which is a big disappointment.

As mentioned before, in the upcoming years I am in the market for a new daily driver with family capacity. So if all the rumors are true, a 4-door Mustang with V8 PHEV would be absolutely perfect for me. Cheap taxes thanks to the Hybrid, electric driving for short distances and V8 for the fun and Autobahn-Power.
Z06 is not a mild hybrid. There is expectation that the Grand Sport replacement will be a full hybrid (hoping like hell they donā€™t actually intend to call it E-Ray). Not a plug-in hybrid (nowhere to put a 10+ kWh battery), but a full hybrid.

Vickstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Iā€™m not sure what to make of this. Pedro Maradei is in my LinkedIn connection circle. Iā€™ve never met him, because we are 3rd level connected. If youā€™re on LinkedIn you probably get that. My point is, his experience level at Ford as of today is LESS THAN what is shown in this post. So unless there are two Pedro Maradeiā€™s, both working in Fordā€™s Powertrain division, something is a bit fishy.
Not surprising. Ford employees have edited their Linkedin profiles after revealing project / development info were discovered by M6G folks. Looks like that's what's happened with Pedro's profile after yesterday's discovery.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
Not surprising. Ford employees have edited their Linkedin profiles after revealing project / development info were discovered by M6G folks. Looks like that's what's happened with Pedro's profile after yesterday's discovery.
Sanctioned leak potentially?

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
So we finally IDā€™d the person responsible for that horrible sound tube we all ripped out!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'd personally prefer a regular/full hybrid as opposed to plug-in. Having that V8-hybrid in the heavily-rumored 4-door variant would be ideal in my case. But back to the regular vs. plug-in, would the plug-in hybrid increase monthly electricity costs substantially? And would a plug-in or full electric vehicle cost more electricity bill-wise?

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
My wife bought a Volvo XC-60 T8 recharge a month or so ago. Was driving back from LA just this weekend and mentioned to her (like she could give a shit) that I hope there's a Hybrid V8 in the next Stang.

That Volvo has a 2.0L 4 banger with a turbo charger and a supercharger. Supercharger blows thru the turbo, and it's clutched, so the SC can disengage.

Then it has a motor sandwiched between the engine and an 8 spd transmission. Separately, it has a motor that drives the rear wheels. All in, it's 400 hp and 470 lb/ft. It also can be plugged in and provide 20 miles of full electric driving up front. She gets equivalent to 50 mpg charging it once a day, overnight on 120v.

Shit is no joke off the line and in any situation really, not just for a Volvo.

Point is, it's remarkably seamless, fast and efficient. It would be cool applied to a V8 in a Mustang. That extra torque on demand would be really nice.

And if it's a hybrid, it'll get a little better mileage around town.
I've come around big time on hybrids and EVs after driving my gf's Escape Hybrid loaner, and a friend's Model Y recently. As you say, instant torque is no joke. My issue with current EVs however is their lackluster range and relatively long charge times. Hybrids make up for both of those deficits in spades.

For example, friend's Model Y get maybe 250 miles of range, and a lot less in colder temps. By contrast, Escape Hybrid loaner is seeing 400+ miles of range.

In conclusion, I was resistive to the idea of a hybrid Mustang. Now, I'm saying bring it on, especially if AWD.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
I'd personally prefer a regular/full hybrid as opposed to plug-in. Having that V8-hybrid in the heavily-rumored 4-door variant would be ideal in my case. But back to the regular vs. plug-in, would the plug-in hybrid increase monthly electricity costs substantially? And would a plug-in or full electric vehicle cost more electricity bill-wise?
Yes and no. I have a standard range Model 3 (55kwh battery) and my monthly electric bill only went up about $30-40 for roughly 2500 miles of driving per month (only supercharge on long trips, 99.99% of charging is at home). A PHEV will have a significantly smaller battery (usually in the 15kwh range) and charges on 120v instead of 240v. I doubt you would see much more then a $10 increase per month on your electric bill with a PHEV.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes and no. I have a standard range Model 3 (55kwh battery) and my monthly electric bill only went up about $30-40 for roughly 2500 miles of driving per month (only supercharge on long trips, 99.99% of charging is at home). A PHEV will have a significantly smaller battery (usually in the 15kwh range) and charges on 120v instead of 240v. I doubt you would see much more then a $10 increase per month on your electric bill with a PHEV.
Most PHEVs can charge on 240. In fact I donā€™t know of one that doesnā€™t. Weā€™ve had Chevrolet Volts in our household since 2011. We have a Level 2 charger in the garage. The 18.1 kWh battery charges to full in about 4 hours or so. We go months without putting gas in it, so the extra $25 or so on the electric bill is easily offset by the gas savings.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Cool. Well, whether these hybrid powertrains are plug-in or not, as I said before I'm very much looking forward to seeing them come to reality. I just hope either the 2023 or the refresh are able to meet if not top the S550 refresh in my eyes. šŸ˜

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Z06 is not a mild hybrid. There is expectation that the Grand Sport replacement will be a full hybrid (hoping like hell they donā€™t actually intend to call it E-Ray). Not a plug-in hybrid (nowhere to put a 10+ kWh battery), but a full hybrid.
Sorry, I actually meant the E-Ray not the Z06. But from what I hear on the Corvette forums they are still not sure if the E-Ray is a mild hybrid or PHEV. The last spied version had no visible charging port, so some people think its just a mild hybrid.
Sponsored