• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
See I don’t want a smaller mustang, I like the size. It feels bigger than a regular car and as long as it hauls I’m happy.

Brz frs feels like a shoebox and I don’t like how cramped it feels

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Somebody will be in trouble for this linkedin entry :crackup:

Especially with the 2nd refresh for MY2021 buyers shoulld really be aware that they could get a whole new Mustang generation two years later
Like the guys that bought the 2010 GT with the 4.6 only for 2011 to get the new 5.0? I still dont get why Ford did that I'd be PISSED if I had just bought a 2010 for the next year to get a HUGE power train upgrade.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
See I don’t want a smaller mustang, I like the size. It feels bigger than a regular car and as long as it hauls I’m happy.

I'd like one a little smaller. The current gen feels huge from my 2003. Doesnt need to be BRZ size, just a little less, fat. The 2013's looked nice an muscular, these look like that guy put on about 50lbs.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
I would like the Mustang to be smaller. I get that traditionally its always been a 2+2 but cmon, who the hell NEEDS the rear seats? I've never met anyone happy to sit back there. Now say we could get a new Mustang that is strictly a 2 seater with an aluminium chassis while simultaneously loosing 300-400 pounds, holy hell would I buy that. Imagine that equation, slightly smaller wheelbase, and a bit more power from the Gen3 Coyote. It'd be the fastest Mustang GT yet while loosing what? the rear seats not fit for anything less than children? easy trade. The interior doesn't have to shrink for that to be accomplished and we could shed a buttload of weight in the process.
Change my mind.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There's a reason the Mustang has always been a good seller...........practicality sells, even in the pony car market. Great trunk space and (just about) usable back seats mean this can be a car for multiple purposes. I often have my kids in the back, aged 15 and 10. It's been this way for 55 years and I don't expect them to change that for the next gen.

Besides, I have a feeling S650 will be heavily related to S550, so don't expect any major changes in dimensions.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Stick to the 2+2 layout for sure. If you want a. 2 seater there are many better alternatives out there. Far less competition in the 2+2 segment.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
D6 does *not* mean the Mustang will be larger. That is a misconception. It's a platform designed for different users, and can go wider or shorter as needed. That's how modern platforms are developed.
D6 will be good news... the rear suspension is similar to what we know now and the front could be a strut... except the Aviator variant has double A-Arms. Lets hope for those since you get a much superior camber curve that strut-type suspension cannot deliver, with with a split lower arm. And D6 is designed to accommodate a small battery pack for gas hybrids... so it won't be a hack job (like a Fusion Hybrid, for example, where it's stuck inside the trunk as an afterthought).
Remember that D6 was also intended for the Continental... which has apparently been cancelled, unfortunately. No more cars for Lincoln.
The question is when D6 happens... it doesn't sound like S650. It sounds more like S750. Platform sharing offers a lot of benefits and reduced costs.. .and can result in far more expensive components available than would have been possible otherwise (look at the GM's Alpha or Nissan's FM platforms for examples). With Ford very much needing to reduce the number of platforms... sharing D6 is designed to open up great potential as well as cost savings. You could even see the Mustang moved out of Flat Rock and going down the same assembly line as the Explorer & Aviator.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Not sure about that - the wheelbase looks far too long. I suspect it is the new European Mondeo (Fusion) which is going to be more SUV like and not sold in the US
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-ford-mondeo-launch-2021-official-document-reveals
That is not a Focus wagon... it is a mule built off of a Focus wagon, lengthened (note the cuts and additions to length and slightly to width), and with a new rear suspension.
It's intended to compete with something like the Subaru Outback - a very successful and popular vehicle. It's been called a Mondeo... and perhaps it will be offered as the next Fusion here since the intention has been to offer a high wagon. The Fusion is also a popular nameplate, which is selling very well still. You can't have 130k sales/yr disappear.
Mules are always fascinating... the S550 mule for example, built on an S197, showed us exactly how S197 evolved into S550, it was not "all-new" at all.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
Like the guys that bought the 2010 GT with the 4.6 only for 2011 to get the new 5.0? I still dont get why Ford did that I'd be PISSED if I had just bought a 2010 for the next year to get a HUGE power train upgrade.
It as alright. I survived it :) I actually chose the 2010 model year with the strong rumors of a 5.0L anyway. They sounds great, and I didn't have any regrets, other than I had to trade it to get my 2015.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Agreed, I'm too tall to fit in tiny Japanese sportscars.

That and torque is supposed to peak in the middle, not randomly dip off.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Agreed, I'm too tall to fit in tiny Japanese sportscars.

That and torque is supposed to peak in the middle, not randomly dip off.
Same here. If I wanted a BRZ sized car i would have bought a Focus ST. The Mustang is a GT car and is perfect just the way it is, for me. :)
Sponsored