• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will Mustang GT have auto start/stop button?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
that is irrelevant those both are situational, now imagine having to turn on the infotainment system every time your get in the car the people that don't like it are the people that will turn it off every time
Or moving your seat and mirrors from the ‘default’ positions, if they ‘reset’ to default each time and you had to push a button to get your settings back.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
On the bright side at least we’ll get to hear that V8 warm start multiple times during our drive 😂
Didn’t think of [was if - edit corrected typo] it that way lol

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
The problem is that you have to hit that every time you start the car. My dad's Ram 1500 has that feature, and I swear every time I go from brake to gas the whole car feels like it just lurches forward and tbh I hate driving with it. I am glad that the early GT won't have it and am planning on replacing that button panel as soon as an aftermarket one becomes available so the blank button doesn't bother me that much
I HATE SS! Wish I can hard wire my X5 button and 2024 BMWs removed the button altogether like most are doing. We all get it installed w or without a button and have to disable by hitting settings then disable Auto SS a 3 step process, or go Sport mode hopefully or press the SS button if equipped. GT may not have the button yet but will have Auto SS. Trust me you want the Button besides the esthetics the other 2 options are a bigger pain in the ass! BTW Oil gets polluted worse on every Startup besides the ware on engine parts. Welcome to the Future

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
On the bright side at least we’ll get to hear that V8 warm start multiple times during our drive 😂
That's exactly my point of view! I think it could even be a great idea haha

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I had a rental Camaro that had SS. I thought it was broken... LOL.... Very annoying but I'll bet it sells a lot of starter motors.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The dozen or more I saw today on Woodward, all had it. Least the button.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I had a rental Camaro that had SS. I thought it was broken... LOL.... Very annoying but I'll bet it sells a lot of starter motors.
Camaros don't have Auto Start Stop, what are you talking about?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Camaros don't have Auto Start Stop, what are you talking about?
You are indeed correct! I got my rentals mixed up. It was a Malibu. I travel a lot on business and rent a ton of cars including just about every brand Hertz rents. I had to check my email because I remember complaining to Hertz about it. Thanks for the correction!

Reactions: Ace

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Maybe a printing error OR this is why so slow in delivering. Had to recall them back to remove or put in before shipping. LMFAO.
What I've heard is that it will be on the cars from next year. We will see about that. I hope not.
The only positive thing about it, is that there will be no blank button anymore on your fully loaded GT.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
What I've heard is that it will be on the cars from next year. We will see about that. I hope not.
The only positive thing about it, is that there will be no blank button anymore on your fully loaded GT.
Off topic a bit. any one witha Gt 6 speed how is the shifter meaning length between shifts? Would a after market short throw shifter do any better or is stock ok?

fschael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Happy to report that my Mustang GT didn't come with that feature. Built date July 26th.

Reactions: Zig