• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What options did you get and why? No ETA talk allowed on this thread

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
  • Banned
What options did you get and why?

I'll go first:

Ordered: S650 GT Premium 401A, Vapor Blue Metallic, Black Onyx Interior, Nite Pony Package, Performance Pack, 10-Speed Auto, Active Exhaust, Blue Calipers

Why the GT: I want the coyote power and sound
Why the premium: I spend a lot of time in the car and want extra bells and whistles
Why the color: I normally get white, but really like the Vapor Blue as it seems to have a different look in different lighting conditions
Why not the Dark Horse: I won't be tracking my car, so for the extra 14 HP, I am not paying the DH price and DH markups
Why the all black interior: yeah, I f'd up here. Would have liked some color, but it is already built. In the end, I am fine with it.
Why the NPP: because it looks awesome. I especially like the blacked out bezels in the front headlights.
Why the Perf Pack since I am not tracking it: I like to be an a-hole on the road from time to time and think it will help.
Why the Auto: I have had 2 ACL surgeries and a knee replacement on the left knee. In traffic, it sucks. 40 years of soccer caught up to me.
Why the Blue Calipers: The only other color that would look good on Vapor Blue is black and I want them to stand out. Plus the Blue is awesome
Why the Active Exhaust: I like to be able to control the sound for the environment I am in.
Why not Magnaride: I did not have it on my SS Camaro, but had it on my C8. I did not notice a huge difference. I think this option is more for the track.
Why no Recaros: Because of the heated and cooled seats
Sponsored

Last edited:

Howlin4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT. 1967 Coupe
I ordered the DH with every option but Recaro seats, carbon fibre wheels and painted stripes .
Wanted the new colour, blue ember, for it exclusivity.
The handling pack for the bigger brakes, wheels and tires.
No Recaro seats because of the heated and cooled seats.
10 Speed Auto cause I have foot issues. 2 pedals are a challenge sometimes.
All the rest, just because!!

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
Ordered: S650 GT Premium 401A, Race Red, Black Onyx Interior, Nite Pony Package, Performance Pack, 10-Speed Auto, Active Exhaust, Black Calipers, Magneride

Don't care to deal with the dealer and allocation games for yet another Ford (Bronco, Raptor, Lightning, etc, etc, etc), so ordered a GT instead of the DH. I do track my car, but not often enough that I'm all that concerned about the differences, I'll build the GT to handle the track days I throw at it.

Growing up we had a '66 candy apple red 2+2, so I've always been fond of red Mustangs. This will actually be the first red one I've had, I usually get darker colors/grays. Didn't get Recaros because I wanted heated/cooled - also haven't found them that comfortable in the past.

For the rest, just comes down to the options I want and the colors I wantedon certain things. I've had active exhaust on multiple cars and they typically sound quite good. Magneride is a big comfort thing for me, I've had it on 5 different sports cars now and personally am a fan.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
ordered: Dark Horse 700A, Grabber Blue Metallic, Handling Package, 10R80, Grabber Blue Calipers

- why Dark Horse: i love the styling of the front bumper, the interior, and that little bit more horsepower
- why 700A: creature comforts, mainly. this will be a daily driver for me and especially those cooled seats are basically required in Arizona during the summer
- why not the GT: if i were to order a GT in my ideal spec, it would end up being about $4000 less than what i'm going to be paying for the Dark Horse, and i would definitely consider the extras the DH has to be worth that $4000 more
- why Grabber Blue: i am done with dark colors. i had a black Subaru, a dark purple Mustang, and currently have a dark grey Mustang, and i just cannot keep up with how much cleaning a dark color requires, made worse by the fact my driveway is gravel and dirt. i wanted something eye-catching and unique too. i was going to go for Blue Ember until i found out that it might end up like Fighter Jet Grey on the M1, with over 40% of them being that color, plus it's also a darker color
- why Grabber Blue Calipers: matches the paint color
- why handling package: i will probably do some sort of track events, but i mainly got it for the looks. those little fender flares look really good and i especially like the look of the wing and the fact it's shadow black
- why 10R80: i can drive manual, but it circles back to creature comforts. with the 10R80 the adaptive cruise is stop-and-go and there's lane centering, where the manual has no stop-and-go and only lane keeping. another reason is very randomly a nerve in my left hip will get pinched and be incredibly sensitive to any movement, causing a lot of pain for a second or two (a bit concerning considering i'm only 23). yet another reason is to spite and annoy manual elitests

for those curious, my ideal GT spec would be: Splash Yellow, 401A, black and grey stripes, 10R80, GT Performance Package, Nite Pony, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Space Grey interior

Last edited:

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Ordered: S650 Dark Horse Premium 700A, Oxford White, 10-Speed Auto, Grabber Blue Calipers.

Why the Dark Horse: The GT premium I would have ordered was going to be almost $60k and the name/exterior look of the Dark Horse I liked better.
Why the premium: I want all the bells and whistles.
Why the color: I wanted a bright color (was between the Oxford White and Grabber Blue). But ultimately loved the black/white contrast.
Why not the Handling Pack: I will not be tracking my car. Also I assume the ride would be rougher and the tires would be more expensive to replace and need to be replaced sooner.
Why not Recaros: I test drove several Mach-1s some with and some without the Recaros. I always hated the bolstering of the Recaros. If I was planning to track the car then yes. Also I like the comfort options of heated/cooled, and powered seats.
Why not Appearance pack: This did not bring much value in my opinion. I probably would have chosen this option if the upgraded interior was on this pack instead of the regular 700a.
Why the Blue Calipers: The only other color that I could pick was the Grabber blue or black, and I love the look of painted calipers.
Why the 10-speed auto: This will be a semi-daily driver for me. I am stuck in traffic often after work and do not want to have to deal with a manual . I like paddle shifters and the remote rev/start features of the auto.
Why not painted stripe: I was not paying $6K for the stripe, I will most likely put on a vinyl set of stripes to match those.
Why not the carbon fiber wheels: Do I need to answer this one?

Ultimately I wanted to keep my Mustang under $70k, because if I was spending more than $70k I would just spend a little more and build a C8. I just couldn't bring myself to spend over $70k for a non-Shelby mustang. So I got the most for my $, at my style of driving, at $65K with my Dark Horse. I am very happy with my decision.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I ordered a GT Convertible, Manual, 401A, Dark Matter Gray w/ Carmine Red interior, Performance Package, Bronze Appearance Package, Red Calipers, Magneride and Active Exhaust.

Why a GT? Dark Horse wasn’t available in a convertible. Otherwise I would have had a harder choice. Ultimately I would have ended back with the GT I’m sure because of the creature comforts.

Why the manual? While the A10 is faster and easier, I didn’t like the delay in the 2023 i test drove. With the manual I can anticipate my power needs and get it that instant. The auto seems to have a half second delay and I just didn’t like it.

Why the performance package? This was a more in-depth decision than most. There were multiple reason for going with this package.
1) convertibles benefit from more stabilization due to the lack of steel roof structure. Insert K-brace and Strut bars
2) drift brake- even if I don’t use it as a drift brake there’s something about having an actual lever for the parking brake I can’t let go of.
3) wheels- I loved the bronze wheel with the performance package, so added bonus

Why the bronze package? NPP was on constraint and unable to be ordered when I placed my order. And I didn’t want silver wheels…so bring on the bronze!

why Magneride? I looked into it, and thought it would help with body roll when cornering, and I enjoy pushing it a little through the corners.

active exhaust is just needed. For obvious reasons….

the red interior? Just wanted to add some extra spice to the mix!

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ordered: S650 GT Premium 401A, Vapor Blue Metallic, Black Onyx Interior, Nite Pony Package, Performance Pack, 10-Speed Auto, Active Exhaust, Black Calipers and Recaro's

Why the GT: After having a few V8 Mustangs and coming from a Whipple F150 no way I could do anything less than a V8.

Why the premium: Always get premium.

Why the color: I normally get grey vehicles, Vapor Blue is something different and looks good in person.

Why not the Dark Horse: I can't stand the front end of the dark horse. That grill that extends to the headlights is an eye sore IMO.

Why all black interior: I always get black. Not a fan of the red but the space grey did look nice.

Why the NPP: The blacked-out bezels in the front headlights is one of the main reasons. I need to see the car in person to see if I want to swap out the black mirror caps to body color.

Why the Perf Pack: I wanted the options it had, and you needed it for the Active Exhaust.

Why the Auto: I also have bad knees, but they have gotten a lot better after my last knew scope. I really like how the Auto's drive in Sport mode. I will be putting a Whipple on it and seeing what I can do down the drag strip.

Why the Black Calipers: I did like the grabber blue, but I think the majority of Vapor Blue will have grabber blue calipers. And I dint want them to stand out too much when I get new wheels.

Why the Active Exhaust: Being able to control exhaust will let me go for the exhaust I want and be able to tone it down.

Why not Magnaride: Not a fan, changing settings on the fly is cool, but a better suspension set-up can be built. Id never change out of race mode with Magnaride and would have wanted to upgrade it anyway.

Why Recaros: Always wanted recaros. Never used heated and cooled seats until my truck was left outside of the garage.

Herb

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Ecoboost Premium, 201A, Vapor Blue, Space Grey, Performance Package, Active Exhaust, Magnaride, Blue calipers, Recaro seats.

Ecoboost: I really like the "big" hp from a small engine and the gas mileage. Although the coyote sounds fantastic (test drove a Mach 1), I already have other v8 hotrods and will use this as a daily driver in the summer.
Premium 201A: My daily drivers have been Cadillacs for many years, so I have become accustomed to all the options.
Color: I do like blue (have 2 other blue cars), but also like having a new or limited color (bought a 2018 S550 in Royal Crimson for the wife because l fell in love with the color).
No DH or NPP: I don't care for black roof or hood or stickers as stripes. Although I do like a blackout look (the Royal Crimson S550 has the black gt wheels and tinted windows). I really like the black headlights in the NPP and may purchase those later.
Interior: Anything but black! A light interior just looks more spacious.
Performance pack: love a twisty road and this makes it more fun!
Blue calipers: only color that works with Vapor Blue and stands out.
Active Exhaust: quiet mode nice for early morning starts.
Magnaride: although it is only available with selectable drive modes on V series cadillacs, my current cadillac has active/adaptive suspension for an awesome ride, so gotta have that.
Recaro's: felt great in the Mach 1 that I drove and don't need the seat heat since mostly summer driving.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Finally a thread without ETAs and delivery discussion!!!

GT - Gotta have the V8, why else get a Mustang!

Vapor Blue - Last three cars have been black. I wanted something that had more pop! Always loved pearl colors and this color had tons of range depending on lighting.

Active Exhaust - Have to be able to be quiet in California, and you have to be able to let the V8 scream when having fun. Initially forgot to add AE, added it later.

Premuim (400a) -wanted the single bezel screen.

B&0 - Need good audio. Bad audio is a deal breaker for me. Line item upgrade

Brembo Brakes - NEED good brakes for a heavy V8. Didn't want the PP besides the brakes, added them as a line item upgrade.

A10 - LA traffic! 60 mile commute everyday. Love driving manual when I want to have fun, but 90% of my miles are just commute and errands.

Decided to skip PP/NP. I don't want to pay for OEM modifications, would rather spend that money on aftermarket parts.

1st planned upgrades - Lowering Springs, wheels and tires.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
I ordered the GT Convertible with the 401A, 3.55 rear axel ratio, auto, active valve exhaust, Atlas Blue Metallic, Space Gray interior. Convertible—I’m selling my Thunderbird, and needed a convertible in my garage. 401A, the bells and whistles, 3.55 axle, wanted a little more punch than the 3.15. Active Valve Exhaust, 6 more horsepower, and I can control the sound. Atlas Blue—this was a tough one—thought about Rapid Red Metallic, but figured this would be “pick me up red” in the Mustang. Same color as my Explorer ST. Space Gray interior—really like the Carmine Red, but for this to look good, should be with the Rapid Red. Black—not in a convertible, so that left the Gray. This will be my 9th Mustang/Cougar, starting way back in 1967 with a Cougar. Even had a 1990 Fox Body Drag car that ran 9.90’s @135. Love that it has a line lock with the auto—I can still go out and play at the strip.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP

I'll go first:

Ordered: S650 GT Premium 401A, Vapor Blue Metallic, Black Onyx Interior, Nite Pony Package, Performance Pack, 10-Speed Auto, Active Exhaust, Blue Calipers

Why the GT: I want the coyote power and sound
Why the premium: I spend a lot of time in the car and want extra bells and whistles
Why the color: I normally get white, but really like the Vapor Blue as it seems to have a different look in different lighting conditions
Why not the Dark Horse: I won't be tracking my car, so for the extra 14 HP, I am not paying the DH price and DH markups
Why the all black interior: yeah, I f'd up here. Would have liked some color, but it is already built. In the end, I am fine with it.
Why the NPP: because it looks awesome. I especially like the blacked out bezels in the front headlights.
Why the Perf Pack since I am not tracking it: I like to be an a-hole on the road from time to time and think it will help.
Why the Auto: I have had 2 ACL surgeries and a knee replacement on the left knee. In traffic, it sucks. 40 years of soccer caught up to me.
Why the Blue Calipers: The only other color that would look good on Vapor Blue is black and I want them to stand out. Plus the Blue is awesome
Why the Active Exhaust: I like to be able to control the sound for the environment I am in.
Why not Magnaride: I did not have it on my SS Camaro, but had it on my C8. I did not notice a huge difference. I think this option is more for the track.
Why no Recaros: Because of the heated and cooled seats
You an me have the EXACT same build lol and a lot of the reasons you stated match up to mine i thought this would would be more popular especially because it has been a common build for media and advertising but good thing for us I guess we get to be unique

SRSOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge2020,Mustang Ecoboost 2024,Ford Edge 2024
Ecoboost premium 201a with wheels and stripes package. Grabber blue

why ecoboost? Vehicle is a lease and the only value I see in the v8 is the exhaust which if I can’t modify has no point for me.

why premium? Leather heated seats is a must for me in any vehicle, cloth seats are rough against my skin.

why wheels and stripes over np?
Wheels and stripes looks very good with the black spoiler. Next, the black roof on the nite pony imo destroys the integrity of the blue on the vehicle.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Ordered: GT premium 401a, grabber blue w/ black and red stripes, space gray interior, PP, bronze pack, A10, magneride, active valve.

401a: planning on keeping this car long term so I wanted all the bells and whistles
Grabber blue w/ stripe: wanted a bright color with some decent accents, everyone and their mom has a red/silver/white car so I went with GB
Space gray: because carmine isn't an option on GB
PP: I like the look of it all and wanted magneride and active Valve
Bronze pack: wanted some nice wheels to accent the blue, didn't like the npp black roof so went bronze instead
Magneride: I've heard a lot of good things so really wanted it
Active Valve: V8 go BRR
A10: shell be my daily and after 5 years with a manual S197 I'm over it.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
why ecoboost? Vehicle is a lease and the only value I see in the v8 is the exhaust which if I can’t modify has no point for me.
Just the sound? What about the extra 165hp and 65tq?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
GT 401A.. Last 2018 Mustang was a 301A and I missed my 2015 Premium.

Was torn between the 401A or getting the Performance Pack. Cause I'm not paying $64 k for both. Comfort and options won out. I'll add my own suspension.

Carbonized Gray to match our 22 F-150.
Sponsored