• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What options did you get and why? No ETA talk allowed on this thread

SRSOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge2020,Mustang Ecoboost 2024,Ford Edge 2024
Just the sound? What about the extra 165hp and 65tq?
I’ve been in the gt with an after market exhaust and with a stock factory active valve and also a stock ecoboost. The power difference wasn’t noticeable enough for me to justify the extra cost. Only thing I liked more was the aftermarket exhaust the stock exhaust was underwhelming. As such with a lease vehicle I can’t modify car. Therefore I couldn’t justify a gt the same spec as my eco for an extra $140 more a month.
Sponsored

mcrimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum, 2006 Honda S2000 - Sold
I ordered the premium ecoboost convertible in rapid red metallic. I put every option I could on the car. We drove a '23 GT and I was afraid the constant drone of the V8 would be a pain on trips over 20 miles. .....and I'm no kid looking for the fastest ride on the block.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I’ve been in the gt with an after market exhaust and with a stock factory active valve and also a stock ecoboost. The power difference wasn’t noticeable enough for me to justify the extra cost. Only thing I liked more was the aftermarket exhaust the stock exhaust was underwhelming. As such with a lease vehicle I can’t modify car. Therefore I couldn’t justify a gt the same spec as my eco for an extra $140 more a month.

I have modified leases before. Is this something specific with your dealer?

Depending on the gearing the GT will defiantly be more noticeable than the Ecoboost.

SRSOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge2020,Mustang Ecoboost 2024,Ford Edge 2024
I have modified leases before. Is this something specific with your dealer?

Depending on the gearing the GT will defiantly be more noticeable than the Ecoboost.
Its a management lease and i haven’t heard anyone able to modify their management lease vehicle yet. The active valve mustang gt I was in was the performance pack gear ratio and the one with the exhaust was the stock gear ratio. Honestly couldn’t tell the difference between the 2. In the future 5 years from now when ever I graduate from school I’ll probably buy something gt500 equivalent or just supercharge a gt.

ShibaGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford focus
GT 401A.. Last 2018 Mustang was a 301A and I missed my 2015 Premium.

Was torn between the 401A or getting the Performance Pack. Cause I'm not paying $64 k for both. Comfort and options won out. I'll add my own suspension.

Carbonized Gray to match our 22 F-150.
GT 401A.. Last 2018 Mustang was a 301A and I missed my 2015 Premium.

Was torn between the 401A or getting the Performance Pack. Cause I'm not paying $64 k for both. Comfort and options won out. I'll add my own suspension.

Carbonized Gray to match our 22 F-150.
i was torn on the pp and 401A as well. I later discovered the company I work for offers x plan pricing. I was able to get both options while keeping costs under 60k

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Its a management lease and i haven’t heard anyone able to modify their management lease vehicle yet. The active valve mustang gt I was in was the performance pack gear ratio and the one with the exhaust was the stock gear ratio. Honestly couldn’t tell the difference between the 2. In the future 5 years from now when ever I graduate from school I’ll probably buy something gt500 equivalent or just supercharge a gt.

That makes sense.

Good plan for the future. Good luck.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I ordered the DH with every option but Recaro seats, carbon fibre wheels and painted stripes .
Wanted the new colour, blue ember, for it exclusivity.
The handling pack for the bigger brakes, wheels and tires.
No Recaro seats because of the heated and cooled seats.
10 Speed Auto cause I have foot issues. 2 pedals are a challenge sometimes.
All the rest, just because!!
Just about the same, except:
"10 Speed Auto cause I have foot issues. 2 pedals are a challenge sometimes."

I got the 6M because I love the manual and have had one in every Mustang I have owned since my 1982 GT, they are an absolute blast to drive. I live in a ralelatively rural area with very little stop and go traffic, so that's not an issue for me.

"All the rest, just because!!"
EXACTLY!!!

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Went with the 700A in the blue ember. Wanted the painted stripes and still do, but not for the extra cash.

1st, went the DH because needed the extra power, looks and drift brake to speed up our two block trip to the grocery store.

2nd, heated and cooled seats are a plus. Ricardo seats just don't look comfy to tool around town.

3rd, tremec was a no brainer, spoke to a few of my trans rebuild buddy's and on their recommendation avoiding the A10 at all costs.

4th, no need for any of the HP stuff, allergic to buying expensive tires.

DailyDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Base, White, PP, Red calipers.

Because it's the best bang for the buck available in a new car, added the PP for the limited slip differential. Cost = 33k with A-plan.

Last edited:

69machI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '19 Taurus, '24 Mustang GT
GT, iconic silver, manual, 301A, active exhaust
GT=muscle cars should have 8 cylinders
iconic silver=dark vehicles show dirt and get too hot; I already have a white and red vehicle
manual=not a daily driver and more fun to drive
301A=Power seat, better stereo, climate control
active exhaust=just to piss off the neighbors!

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
Ordered- gt premium, performance pack. 401a, active exhaust, grabber blue metallic, bronze appearance, package, space grey seats, grabber blue calipers, b/o sound system, basically everything you can throw at a gt besides mag ride, plan on lowering as soon as rtr springs hit the market so didn’t add mag ride, this will be my 3rd mustang, 2000 gt, 2006 gt and now 2024 gt, so jumping that gap a bit. My 06 is supercharged and has been perfect for the last 10 years but once I throw a wipple on this gen 4 with the 10speed is gonna blow it out of the water. All my prior mustangs have been manual, but this time around auto was the way, this will be my daily driver, commuting in grid lock gets kind of old after a while, plus you loose a bunch of features on
The car, remote start, adaptive cruise with stop and go and remote rev so, thats my reasoning. I originally was hard set on a dark horse, sent my
Build over to local dealer the day the banks opened
But they told me it be 15k adm so that’s was DOA. but I was actually pretty upset that paying more for a dark horse you lost little things like led approach lighting unless you when premium and if you go dark horse premium also it says cloth seats? On a 70k car. I’m also going to be adding more ambient lighting to the factory system, was looking at some reviews and also doesn’t look like the cup holders in any of them had the ambient lighting, I know it’s a stupid little thing but would be kind weird if they took that out? I know the wait is killing everyone, but they are coming and can’t wait!

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT ordered
Ordered:
Base GT w/ 301A, 6M, PP, Active Exhaust, red calipers, red seatbelts, floor liners w/ carpet mats. Vapor blue w/ black interior.
GT - because V8
Manual transmission - because I don’t know how to drive automatic
301A - heated seats
Performance Package - brakes, tires, chassis bracing, etc.
Active Exhaust - because I‘m a 53 year old child
Red calipers - because I couldn’t get them on my previous Mustang GT’s
Red seatbelts - because I think they are cool
Floor liners - because I live in an area that has four distinct seasons
Vapor blue - because it’s a new color and I like it

Side note: did anyone else order the red seatbelts? They don’t seem to be available anymore on the configurator but they are included on my window sticker.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
GT Premium, 401A, Manual, Nite Pony, Shadow Black, Carmine Red Interior, Red Brembo Brakes, Active Valve Exhaust.

GT: I don't think I could live with myself if I bought a non-V8 Mustang
Manual: Because I like fun
Premium + 401A: I like fancy little things that don't matter.
Red Brembo Brakes: I like fancy little things that I will never use to their fullest extent.
Shadow Black: Needed a professional color, black looks like a million bucks when it's clean and shiny, so I'm doing it.
Nite Pony: Love the blacked-out look, even if the red brakes deviate just a bit.
Carmine Red Interior: I was going to do black on black, but I live in Utah... a hot, hot desert. I'll already be driving an oven, may as well make it easier on myself by getting something but black.
Exhaust: I live in a quiet neighborhood, and would like to not piss off the neighbors. Also a bit of the professional image

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
GT because EcoBoost is slow and sounds like poo. GT Premium because 2 screens are for peasants, also swampass. 401A because I need advanced safety features while I'm looking for chicks. A10 so I can dust everyone who thinks they can "predict shifts" in their manual faster. Nite Pony because I like Batman. Brembos so the cops don't catch me zooming. Active Exhaust so I don't wake up your mom in the morning.
/s

RadBadChad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang V6, 24 GT
GT - Always wanted a GT. My current mustang is a v6 so I want the extra oomph.

Rapid Red - Same color as my old one. Makes it feel like the car still lives on in spirit.

Active Exhaust - Have to be able to be quiet in California, and you have to be able to let the V8 scream when having fun. Initially forgot to add AE, added it later.

Premium (401a) - Extra luxury feel and what not. My current one has a sub and upgraded radio so I didn't want to sacrifice audio quality and bass.

Carmine Red interior - Red on red action.

No NP because I don't really like black rims and no PP because I didn't want to spend the extra 5k and didn't feel it was necessary for me personally.

Also I know ford said they wanted the new mustang to appeal to younger buyers but... as a younger buyer I know most people my age can't afford it 😅 and I've loved mustangs since I was a kid playing with hot wheels so they didn't need to tailor it to me to get me to buy one.

P.S. - Thank you RJV15 for your format.
Sponsored