• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you cross shopping?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Yes, and 10, I think, is way too many. I guess they are added for fuel economy .
One thing I've noticed when driving on the highway, if you're cruising in 10th and shift into manual mode the car will instantly kick down to 8th gear. That to me says that 9th and 10th are just for fuel efficiency on the highway.
Sponsored

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
Yes, and 10, I think, is way too many. I guess they are added for fuel
It's not shit, it's just the 8 spd ZF transmission in the BMW has some better characteristics.
Fair enough. That makes sense. So far I'm ok with the AT. I might wish I had the MT after awhile.🤪

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Fair enough. That makes sense. So far I'm ok with the AT. I might wish I had the MT after awhile.🤪

I wouldn't even consider the 10R80, manual or bust.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
I've optioned a 1LT Corvette Stingray to right around $68K -- about the same price as a Premium Dark Horse with Recaros. This is going to be a tough decision.

The DH has more in the way of standard safety features given that the Stingray is only a 1LT, but the Corvette has much better build quality, etc. So much give and take in each choice.
+1.

The MSRP difference between a DH w/ HP isn't that much different from a lower trim C8 Z51.

I would also cross shop the DH w/ HP with a G80 M3 xDrive Competition.

The problem that I anticipate for Ford is that by the DH is available with the HP, there will be enough inventory of the C8 Z51 that GM and its dealers have to start discounting the C8 non Z06 models.
Sponsored