• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thinking of moving on.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered my GT 3/29 still no car. Ordered a dark horse on 6/7 still no car.
Sponsored

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, 2006 F150
I'd go ahead and get the BMW for the simple fact that they don't EF the customer with BS dealer markups.

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
We're 90 days since order and Ford has made little progress building our 24 Ecoboost premium convertible. We have no skin in the game and I sold our trade right after we ordered the car. I'm going to look at a 24 BMW 430i convertible tomorrow. Sure, it's 10K+ more than the Mustang but looks intreging. We're mid-70's and not really looking for speed. We looked at the Mustang after selling our Honda S2000 as it was getting harder and harder to exit. Time will tell.
Do you have a VIN and a build date and you just view it as too far out? Or do you not have a VIN/build date? I ordered 8/24 (I actually ordered earlier in August but it looks like my dealer didnā€™t submit it until 8/24) and sounds like we ordered the same thing - Ecoboost Premium Convertible. My build date is now 11/27 (was originally 12/11).

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Do you have a VIN and a build date and you just view it as too far out? Or do you not have a VIN/build date?
^ This.

The dealer accepted the order 90 days ago. Can they provide a date when the paired that order with an allocation? It would provide a more accurate timeline as to how things are progressing.

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
Price isn't an issue. The Z is too much like our S2000 - Too low

Z
If price isn't an issue go with the M850i or the M840i. These cars are quick and luxuious while looking amazing imo. We have owned 2 M850i convertibles and my wife loves them!

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Definitely stick with the Ecoboost Mustang. It is going to be way more fuel efficient than the S2000 you had or the BMW convertible.

:wink:

1698185708707.png
I'm getting 37 MPG highway... It's unreal.

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In contrast, I ordered my GT Premium on 8/23 and received an update a few weeks ago that my order status had been changed to "scheduled week of 12/11". I received a VIN and tracking link. Since then, the build schedule has been moved up twice and is now week of 11/27. Doesn't mean car is built, but I can't complain about Ford's apparent commitment to getting my Mustang built.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
We're 90 days since order and Ford has made little progress building our 24 Ecoboost premium convertible. We have no skin in the game and I sold our trade right after we ordered the car. I'm going to look at a 24 BMW 430i convertible tomorrow. Sure, it's 10K+ more than the Mustang but looks intreging. We're mid-70's and not really looking for speed. We looked at the Mustang after selling our Honda S2000 as it was getting harder and harder to exit. Time will tell.
I ordered 8/12, GT Convertible, car is built waiting on shipment. Your dealer may not have the allocation, hence the delay. Most folks that are talking about a 5-6 month wait ordered when the order banks opened in March, and production didnā€™t begin until June. So you can throw away 3 months of that wait. Also Darkhorse orders are going to take longer, so take some of these comments with a grain of salt. I would start by questioning your dealer if they have the allocation. No allocation no build.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
I ordered my Dark Horse in early April.And I still haven't heard from Ford other than thanking me for my Dark Horse order. But the Dealership where I ordered it from said most likely early spring. Carbon Fiber Wheels most likely the issue, then painted stripes. HP,PP,NP etc... I'm just waiting patiently. My fifth mustang but only the second one to have order special.

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In contrast, I ordered my GT Premium on 8/23 and received an update a few weeks ago that my order status had been changed to "scheduled week of 12/11". I received a VIN and tracking link. Since then, the build schedule has been moved up twice and is now week of 11/27. Doesn't mean car is built, but I can't complain about Ford's apparent commitment to getting my Mustang built.
It probably helped that mine was just a GT Premium, with only three options - auto trans, 401a & active exhaust. None of those options were ever in short supply, as far as I know.

GTlee57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The days of ordering any vehicle and picking up in six to eight weeks ended years ago. As many of the contributing factors have continued, if not increased, it's difficult to see the situation improving.

I can't speak to the dealer your working with, their management of allocations and why in 90 days nothing has happened. S650 verts seem plentiful elsewhere. Convertibles do not appear to be constrained, by the latest report. There are plenty of S650 coupes in the Tucson area.

I started with a Tucson ZIP, search within 100 miles / 160 km. One red vert on site with three more to be built.

Extending to a 200 mile radius / 320 km, yielded 34 verts, primarily white, red and black.

Finally, at a 500 mile radius / 800 km, 140 verts are seen, all different colors.

Regarding the in/out vehicle height, I'd test fit an S650 in your area. If there's one in a search with the color and options you're looking for, you could travel and drive back. If that is not an option, dealers can often transfer cars amongst one another.

S650 or BMW, Best Wishes in whatever path you take.
I agree that we are still fighting many headwinds when it comes to supply shortages, transportation issues and etc.

I have never been able to wrap my head around this whole allocation issue, but I think the dealership does make a difference. I was able to complete my order over the phone plus online, with Pensacola dealer. The next day I had a confirmation email from Ford that they had my order.

Put another way, Ford accepted the order before my dealer had an allocation. I don't believe that the Pensacola market is as big as many other markets, so I'm not sure if they sell tons of Mustangs. But, I am very pleased with how this has worked out so far.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I have never been able to wrap my head around this whole allocation issue, but I think the dealership does make a difference.
Allocations are often not an issue, but they can be, in certain situations.

Ford looks ahead to the next model Model Year (MY) and figures it can produce so many vehicles of a certain type. Let's say, 1,000 Mustangs; that'd be the pool of allocations.

A dealer can accept as many orders as they like, but each order ultimately has to be paired with an allocation, a slot on the assembly line.

Ford gifts allocations based on past sales. If a dealer sold a lot of Mustangs in the past, they'll probably sell more than others in the future. Ford gives these dealers not exclusivity, but preference.

A dealer which does few Mustang sales versus others, while not locked out, might be waiting in line behind others dealers. Allocations received might be a bit delayed, effectively slow-walking that customer's order.

But a high-volume dealer has their own issues. Someone selling a lot of Mustangs will have a greater interest. Ford can give them 200 of the 1,000 above, but if the dealer has 300 orders to fill, 100 will be delayed as well.

We've effectively seen what happens when the number of orders exceeds the available allocations: those vehicles don't get built. We're witnessing that now, with the number of orders placed versus the amount of available bits supporting a particular option. Those orders or builds are "constrained".

Allocations ultimately allow everyone to participate in the process. While there can be a certain amount of preference, Ford controlling the allocations allows all Ford dealers to sell at least a handful of Mustangs.

A great question any customer can ask the salesperson is, "Do you have an allocation? If not, when do you expect to have one, for my order?"

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium
A great question any customer can ask the salesperson is, "Do you have an allocation? If not, when do you expect to have one, for my order?"
So I ordered a Dark Horse Premium, Carbonized Gray, Auto, HP Painted Hood/Stripes,
and did get an email from Ford saying they got my order. Question is: When Ford sends the confirmation email saying they got the order, does that really mean you have an allocation slot? I've asked my salesperson and he says I have an allocation, but is there a a way to confirm that you have one or is the salesperson just blowing smoke up the back in? šŸ¤”

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
So I ordered a Dark Horse Premium, Carbonized Gray, Auto, HP Painted Hood/Stripes,
and did get an email from Ford saying they got my order. Question is: When Ford sends the confirmation email saying they got the order, does that really mean you have an allocation slot? I've asked my salesperson and he says I have an allocation, but is there a a way to confirm that you have one or is the salesperson just blowing smoke up the back in? šŸ¤”
I am guessing but if you get a scheduled build date, that probably indicates Ford will build it. The day the factory receives it may mean you build could be a few months off. Naturally this all depends on strikes and supply chain problems.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
I am guessing but if you get a scheduled build date, that probably indicates Ford will build it. The day the factory receives it may mean you build could be a few months off. Naturally this all depends on strikes and supply chain problems.
Sponsored