• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thinking of moving on.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
There’s a lot of variances in order dates build dates and delivery. I ordered mine in late April,had a build week in early August and then it sat in the rail yard for 2 weeks in September. I took delivery on September 28. Only a little over 400 miles on it and well worth the wait. Summer tires are going to limit my driving currently 28 degrees here.
Sponsored

FrankieLocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500, 2024 GT Convertible
We're 90 days since order and Ford has made little progress building our 24 Ecoboost premium convertible. We have no skin in the game and I sold our trade right after we ordered the car. I'm going to look at a 24 BMW 430i convertible tomorrow. Sure, it's 10K+ more than the Mustang but looks intreging. We're mid-70's and not really looking for speed. We looked at the Mustang after selling our Honda S2000 as it was getting harder and harder to exit. Time will tell.
LOL!!! You can buy my 2022 BMW M4 Convertible that I am trading in for my Graduation Premium Convertible I have on order. I absolutely despise driving it currently and it is the 4th M convertible I have owned. I would wait for the Mustang IMHO. Just my 2 cents.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Question is: When Ford sends the confirmation email saying they got the order, does that really mean you have an allocation slot? I've asked my salesperson and he says I have an allocation, but is there a a way to confirm that you have one or is the salesperson just blowing smoke up the back in?
Short Answers:

A1: No. Confirmation of an order does not also mean confirmation of an allocation to support it.

A2: You might be able to call Ford Performance, and request status on your order and build. Other than accepting the word of your salesperson and dealer, I know of no other way to confirm.

Long Answers:

A1: The DH is unique in that allocations are gifted from Ford to the dealer on a one-for-one basis. Orders can be accepted all day long, without matching allocations. Ford acknowledging an order does not confirm an allocation has been paired with it. Weekly, dealerships confer with the regional reps to discuss, among other things, existing orders and allocations.

A2: While the DH is a manual pairing of order to allocation, I'm not sure of the process for other orders. IDK if that is automatic (a pool tied to that dealer is waiting in the system, with the order paired as it is placed, if an allocation is available) or manually done (dealer/regional rep see orders weekly, and agree on which orders take what allocations). If there is not an allocation, that'd be discussed during the meeting with the regional rep; they'd see orders exceeding allocations and want to work with the dealer to correct. During the start of discussions with the order for my '22, the salesperson affirmed he had secured an allocation. I believed him and it was never an issue. As he was placing the order, he never gave indications he was doing anything other than picking options and entering my information on Ford's systems. Some have called Ford Performance for status on their builds; they might be able to confirm if your order has been paired with an allocation. Otherwise, I think you'd have to take the salesperson's word for it.

I am guessing but if you get a scheduled build date, that probably indicates Ford will build it. The day the factory receives it may mean you build could be a few months off.
Yes, orders can sit for months before being scheduled. Correct: if a buyer receives a scheduled date and VIN, Ford has committed to the build. Orders can then sit additional months before people, parts and plant are ready to actually build the vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mcrimm

mcrimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum, 2006 Honda S2000 - Sold
I’m the OP and I did move on. I cancelled my order for my loaded ecoboost and bought a 2024 BMW 430i loaded convertible. While it was more $$ the features justified the price difference in my mind. Things like heads up display, hidden hard - soft top, power folding mirrors, almost usable rear seat, and more. While it misses the variable exhaust, it sounds fine to me.

msofka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT, 2024 Dark Horse
We're 90 days since order and Ford has made little progress building our 24 Ecoboost premium convertible. We have no skin in the game and I sold our trade right after we ordered the car. I'm going to look at a 24 BMW 430i convertible tomorrow. Sure, it's 10K+ more than the Mustang but looks intreging. We're mid-70's and not really looking for speed. We looked at the Mustang after selling our Honda S2000 as it was getting harder and harder to exit. Time will tell.
Seriously? I get that you want a car- but you ordered a brand new car. It hasn’t event shipped for 90 days. They went through a strike and other bs and you’re going to bail?
I get it if you’re having buyers remorse (with no skin) but the car is beautiful.
However, if you want a bmw, there’s no shame!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I have my car and while I’m waiting to see what the whipple kit’s actually can do I have an eye on a M4

I get it op.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My GT was delivered yesterday to the dealer. Going to look at it this afternoon. Been on order since 3/29.
Sponsored