• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sync system issues

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
So here’s an update. I did a little checking and noticed that my battery voltage seemed a little low around 12.4v. I put the battery on my charger and it estimated the charge at ~80%. After letting my charger top up the battery and doing a reset I have not had any issues.

I know a lot of electronic systems are sensitive to low voltage. I suspect that this may have been my issue. Especially since the reboots all happened shortly after startup when the battery had just taken a hit from a cold start.

Best guess, sitting around for a couple months left me with a weak battery and it needed a good charge. I will have to keep an eye on it in case it’s just a faulty battery.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
So here’s an update. I did a little checking and noticed that my battery voltage seemed a little low around 12.4v. I put the battery on my charger and it estimated the charge at ~80%. After letting my charger top up the battery and doing a reset I have not had any issues.

I know a lot of electronic systems are sensitive to low voltage. I suspect that this may have been my issue. Especially since the reboots all happened shortly after startup when the battery had just taken a hit from a cold start.

Best guess, sitting around for a couple months left me with a weak battery and it needed a good charge. I will have to keep an eye on it in case it’s just a faulty battery.
Does this mean around 72 days is as long as you should go before plugging her in or taking for a nice ride?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
FWIW, a reference from the inspection checklist: "With the ignition key in the OFF position, check battery state of charge. Recharge if indicator is red or voltage measures ≤12.4 V."

New car, generation, systems, software, post-production delays, etc.

When I receive a new computer, I'll plug it in, turn it on, and let it sit for 24+ hours before doing anything else. They often go through a series of patches and reboots before stabilizing.

I reviewed the inspection checklist for newly received vehicles, the document the dealer is using. I do not see any statement related to systems, software and patches.

Not saying that is the root cause of this example. As modern as cars are now, seems it would be worthwhile to confirm internal software, electronics and systems are updated and operating correctly, as part of the initial checkout by the dealer.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
FWIW, a reference from the inspection checklist: "With the ignition key in the OFF position, check battery state of charge. Recharge if indicator is red or voltage measures ≤12.4 V."

New car, generation, systems, software, post-production delays, etc.

When I receive a new computer, I'll plug it in, turn it on, and let it sit for 24+ hours before doing anything else. They often go through a series of patches and reboots before stabilizing.

I reviewed the inspection checklist for newly received vehicles, the document the dealer is using. I do not see any statement related to systems, software and patches.

Not saying that is the root cause of this example. As modern as cars are now, seems it would be worthwhile to confirm internal software, electronics and systems are updated and operating correctly, as part of the initial checkout.
That's a good point. I did run the update check the first night I had the car, and a few times since. No update as yet.

I'm guessing they forgot that step on the PDI 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Does this mean around 72 days is as long as you should go before plugging her in or taking for a nice ride?
That and probably a bunch of cold starts and short drive being shuffled around storage lots and what not.

I usually hook my cars up to a battery tender if they are going to sit more than a week or two. I wire up a quick connect lead to the battery so it's easy for me to do. Is it overkill? Probably, but it makes me feel better. :crackup:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I did run the update check the first night I had the car, and a few times since.
I'd seen that, yes.

I updated my post. Apologize if I implied this should be done by the owner/operator.

Hopefully, the "settling" period of these car/s and their systems is a brief one.

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I'd seen that, yes.

I updated my post. Apologize if I implied this should be done by the owner/operator.

Hopefully, the "settling" period of these car/s and their systems is a brief one.
No offense taken. :thumbsup:

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
Talk to Ford ASAP. This should not be happening on a brand new car IMO.

If I didn't know any better I'd dare to say that they sold you a prototype. Should this kind of thing even be happening??
It's amazing isn't it. All of the Ford apologists will excuse it, look past this stuff, etc. 2024 buyers better get ready for all kinds of shitty problems to surface. They are coming.

What I'm curious to see is if the infamous BBQ tick comes back.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I picked up my GT on Friday and the only issues i have had so far with the infotainment system has been one, i got a message while my music was playing and it cut out audio for everything, had to turn the car off and back on to get it to go to normal and two, i have had the right screen not turn on when i started the car but the gage cluster screen did, again a restart of the car and it was back.

I fully expected glitches with such anew system and it all being digital now, I'm very happy that there will be OTA updates provided by Ford every so often to smooth out software bugs.
We’re you use of Apple CarPlay? I noticed things like that with the sync 4 system on my wife’s expedition.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
We’re you use of Apple CarPlay? I noticed things like that with the sync 4 system on my wife’s expedition.
Android auto, 2 weeks in now and I haven't had any other issues so far.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual

Normally that shouldn't be a problem because solid state electronics are either designed to run over a wide range of voltages or they have some type of regulated power supply to condition the voltage. That said, getting the last 20% of the power in the battery is a slow process. During that part of the charge the battery can't absorb the power at the full rate so the charge takes much longer than expected to top off the battery. The solution is either a charger as you did or a very long drive. What is puzzling is the alternator should have delivered enough voltage to avoid the problem. You might want to check battery voltage while the car is idling just to make sure the alternator is functioning correctly.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Profiles are messed up...
Mine was fine for the first day, then it starting giving me the "calm" screen all the time. If i picked another one and saved it again, it reverted back to CALM.

I disabled profiles for now.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Figured I get the ball rolling on issues with the Sync infotainment system. And brace for the “never buy the first of anything 😁.

Picked up my GT premium on Thursday. I have noticed two issues with the new Sync system. First, if I configure the user profiles the car will not remember all of my settings/preferences between restarts and it always defaults the gauge cluster to Track gauges, but not track mode.

Second, the entire system has just rebooted three or four times while driving the car. It seems to be mostly on or shortly after startup. The screen goes blank. No backup camera. No response to the center stack buttons. Nothing.

Has anyone else notice any strange behavior? I’m going to try a system reset tonight. If it continues I’ll probably get to be the first s650 in for warranty repair 😪
This is what I said from the get-go, and of course I got all kinds of hell for it on here. But my husband he got the first body change of the Honda pilot, And it was a problem after a problem.
Now another problem is all the stuff in the car’s. In a lot of mechanics have no clue how to even work on them anymore. But sometimes one problem leads to another and another, etc. etc. I would get it back in like ASAP.