• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sync system issues

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Figured I get the ball rolling on issues with the Sync infotainment system. And brace for the “never buy the first of anything 😁.

Picked up my GT premium on Thursday. I have noticed two issues with the new Sync system. First, if I configure the user profiles the car will not remember all of my settings/preferences between restarts and it always defaults the gauge cluster to Track gauges, but not track mode.

Second, the entire system has just rebooted three or four times while driving the car. It seems to be mostly on or shortly after startup. The screen goes blank. No backup camera. No response to the center stack buttons. Nothing.

Has anyone else notice any strange behavior? I’m going to try a system reset tonight. If it continues I’ll probably get to be the first s650 in for warranty repair 😪
Sponsored

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Figured I get the ball rolling on issues with the Sync infotainment system. And brace for the “never buy the first of anything 😁.

Picked up my GT premium on Thursday. I have noticed two issues with the new Sync system. First, if I configure the user profiles the car will not remember all of my settings/preferences between restarts and it always defaults the gauge cluster to Track gauges, but not track mode.

Second, the entire system has just rebooted three or four times while driving the car. It seems to be mostly on or shortly after startup. The screen goes blank. No backup camera. No response to the center stack buttons. Nothing.

Has anyone else notice any strange behavior? I’m going to try a system reset tonight. If it continues I’ll probably get to be the first s650 in for warranty repair 😪
Haven't noticed anything yet since I don't have the car, but I sure hope the OTA updates that Sync should be getting will fix those issues.

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs

I don't have my car yet but my F250 does that. Sometimes my backup camera will even come on while friv8ng down the highway!

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
No issues with mine yet... Knock on wood.

antzman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I’ve been driving mine for a week and thankfully have not had any Sync issues yet. I had two reboots while driving my daughter’s 2017 Escape this week though. My prior car was a 2020 Explorer, and I had tons of Sync issues, as well as backup camera issues. Hopefully they can get you figured out quickly

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Anything has GOT to be better than the gen 1 system in my daily driver. As @Apeman said at least the OTA updates will fix this without having to go to the dealer.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I picked up my GT on Friday and the only issues i have had so far with the infotainment system has been one, i got a message while my music was playing and it cut out audio for everything, had to turn the car off and back on to get it to go to normal and two, i have had the right screen not turn on when i started the car but the gage cluster screen did, again a restart of the car and it was back.

I fully expected glitches with such anew system and it all being digital now, I'm very happy that there will be OTA updates provided by Ford every so often to smooth out software bugs.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I picked up my GT on Friday and the only issues i have had so far with the infotainment system has been one, i got a message while my music was playing and it cut out audio for everything, had to turn the car off and back on to get it to go to normal and two, i have had the right screen not turn on when i started the car but the gage cluster screen did, again a restart of the car and it was back.

I fully expected glitches with such anew system and it all being digital now, I'm very happy that there will be OTA updates provided by Ford every so often to smooth out software bugs.
Reset and reboot is not an acceptable resolution when it comes to an automobile. :steps down, disassembles soap box:

pranav820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I haven’t had that issue but but I’ve noticed with a call or music playing it get a bit robotic for a second. Only happened once so hopefully it doesn’t become an issue

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I haven’t had that issue but but I’ve noticed with a call or music playing it get a bit robotic for a second. Only happened once so hopefully it doesn’t become an issue
I have also noticed that and that my profile is also not saving the settings properly but no systems reboots as of now

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Talk to Ford ASAP. This should not be happening on a brand new car IMO.

If I didn't know any better I'd dare to say that they sold you a prototype. Should this kind of thing even be happening??

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

No idea on how to do a "master reset" of if that's even what it is called, but there should be a reset function in the menu for sync / dash cluster. That may be a first step. 2nd step may be to do that then unhook the battery for 15 min or so. Something to try between that and spending time taking it to a dealer first.
Sponsored