• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Paint issues...

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
What I find interesting is my Mach E GTPE was built in Mexico and has the best fit and finish I have ever had on a vehicle in over 50 years of buying. My 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited in Peak Blue is exactly the same and also built in Mexico. My 2023 Ford Escape Platinum that is Silver has orange peel that I will have to buff out eventually. The panel fit is terrible and on the rear hatch there is no way to adjust it out. Even my wife noted the finish and panel fitment on the Escape was subpar. The workers at the Kentucky plant where the Escape was produced also neglected to tighten the transmission cooler line and cause me to lose 4.7 quarts of ATF. I took the car back to the dealer after a couple of hundred miles and complained about the transmission slipping and oil all over the place. They said they could not reproduce the problem, and everything was fine. After a couple of hundred more miles the slipping was getting to the point it was dangerous so I took it to another dealer that found the leak and topped off the ATF and even replaced the splash pan underneath because they could not get all the oil cleaned up. I am sure with a 40% pay increase their work will improve and strive for the quality south of the boarder.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Agreed,My 2023 Charger SPWB (Built in Canada) is spectacular in regards to paint and body fitment. I also have a 2023 Chevy Equinox (Built in Mexico) and its also fantastic paint and body fitment.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I am sure with a 40% pay increase their work will improve and strive for the quality south of the boarder.
Hoping that's sarcasm. šŸ˜‰ Because no pay increase helps people do a better job than they were doing before getting it. But it does help reward and retain those who do a better job in the first place.

Train people to do a better job and then pay them fairly for it...win win.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
The cars ARE PAINTED by the robots everyone wants to take the jobs.
A.I. vision systems inspect.
Associates inspect and scuff/repair paint defects, hence why there are so many missed defects and unfinished repairs. At Honda we call it TCI (Top Coat Inspection), associates will inspect the whole body top to bottom before it goes out the assembly to begin final assembly.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
This is probably gonna come across as harsh, but as I was told many times when I would complainā€¦..there are plenty of other things out there to do if you are unhappy with your job.

The inverse is record profits for the company and huge executive bonuses all while the workers made many concessions after the last economic fall expecting things like COLAā€™s to return a lot sooner.

I also went 10 years without a raise form 2007-2017 and my pension/savings could have been a lot more. I had too much time to start over and responsibilities so thereā€™s that to understand

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Say the UAW makes 74k on average right now. That is right in line with the national average. If the 36% pay increase they are asking for is put into effect, they will make roughly 100k per year. For all the panel gaps, dents, thin paints, hair between paint layers, and mismatched seats; they are sure aslking for a lot.
Sponsored