• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Paint issues - dealership response

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Had a really disappointing response from the area dealerships on the paint and panel issues I found on my car over the weekend.

For reference I purchased my GT in South Florida which ended up saving me about $2500 from my local dealerships.

Despite going over the car pretty well at the dealership, after washing the car myself this weekend I noticed I had paint bubbles in the rear wheel wells (like that dark horse in the CAP video posted here) and there is also one on the rear deck lid right in the groove above the light. The other issue I had was the rear bumper cover is sticking out a bit near the same light which I did see at the dealer. l just didn't want to wait there for them to fix it.

I went to my local dealership to ask about the paint issue and the Service Director told me I had to go to a dealership with an auto body shop. I asked who'd they use if someone they sold a car to had the issue but he gave me the same response and didn't seem particularly interested in speaking with me. They gave me two other dealerships to call.

One closed down their body shop, and the other flat out said that they wouldn't work on it if I didn't buy it there and it would be at least 6 months out before they do any type of warranty work on 2024s. I knew this wasn't true but the fact he even said it, I definitely don't want to take my car to them.

I got a hold of a dealership on the coast that's over an hour away and they said they would take pictures of the issues and send it to Ford to approve but they couldn't answer on how long that took. I even asked: weeks, months, years? They were just very dismissive.

Is this normal with @Ford? Having to search around for a dealer to do warranty work and getting shitty customers service from nearly everyone I talked to because I didn't buy the car from them? I don't need anyone kissing my ass, just basic politeness and helpfulness.

I have two other cars, Honda & Acura that I still take to the dealership for service and they are waaayy out of warranty. I didn't buy them from that dealership but they been great to deal with so I always go back.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
@Ford Motor Company , some assistance please. Member is having difficulty receiving warranty support for paint issues on a new S650.

It's disappointing the dealers acted like that. No excuse. They are Ford franchisees and should fully support a Ford customer and product.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Southpaw78

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX

OP
OP
Southpaw78

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
I have had really good experiences at Greico Ford in Plantation. Ask for Patrick in the service department. I highly recommend them.
I appreciate it but I actually live in Central Florida, took a flight down and drove it back from Miami.

OP
OP
Southpaw78

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
@Ford Motor Company , some assistance please. Member is having difficulty receiving warranty support for paint issues on a new S650.

It's disappointing the dealers acted like that. No excuse. They are Ford franchisees and should fully support a Ford customer and product.
Thanks, I don't expect a response from Ford but if anyone knows if it's true that I need to find a dealer with an auto body shop or have someone in Central Florida they'd recommend I'd be happy to give them a call.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I don't expect a response from Ford but if anyone knows if it's true that I need to find a dealer with an auto body shop or have someone in Central Florida they'd recommend I'd be happy to give them a call.
Assuming dealers are compensated for their warranty work, I would suspect it doesn't make much sense for them to accept the repair and then just turn around and pay some outside body shop or another dealer for the work. Then it's a big mess if you aren't happy with the repairs, etc. I really don't think it's any reason other than this.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Should be able to find a dealership with an in-house body shop. YMMV on the customer service but I just helped a coworker get his doors aligned on a 2023 Accord by finding a Honda dealership with a body shop.

OP
OP
Southpaw78

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Should be able to find a dealership with an in-house body shop. YMMV on the customer service but I just helped a coworker get his doors aligned on a 2023 Accord by finding a Honda dealership with a body shop.
Appreciate the feedback, thx.

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
Iā€™m going be to inspecting like crazy when mine actually get here, im curious what my paint is actually gonna look like considering itā€™s been sitting outside for 4 months. And if thereā€™s an any dents either. Seem few cars with dents on them too.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Assuming dealers are compensated for their warranty work, I would suspect it doesn't make much sense for them to accept the repair and then just turn around and pay some outside body shop or another dealer for the work. Then it's a big mess if you aren't happy with the repairs, etc. I really don't think it's any reason other than this.
Hypothetically, and Iā€™m not saying itā€™s correct, nor am I saying this is the way It is because I donā€™t know, but If you were a dealer and if they made you jump through hoops to make a claim, for a customer with another special mustang whose car needs to be as close to perfect as possible and were given 60% of your hourly rate to do it, for a car you didnā€™t sell, would you be motivated?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Southpaw78

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Hypothetically, and Iā€™m not saying itā€™s correct, no am I saying this is the way It is because I donā€™t know, but If you were a dealer and if they made you jump through hoops to make a claim, for a customer with another special mustang whose car needs to be as close to perfect as possible and were given 60% of your hourly rate to do it, for a car you didnā€™t sell would you be motivated?
This is something I can understand but if you had this position wouldn't it make more sense to shoot straight and say this is the reason we can't accept auto body warranty work BUT let me reach out to So&So dealership who we refer all our customers to with this type of work and get you an appointment?

I still need a local dealership to do regular service with both in and out of warranty and this 5-10 minutes of their time to show some customer service would have kept me coming back for all my service work.

My biggest issue is you can tell everyone wanted out of interacting with me as soon as they heard I didn't buy the car there. I can't be the first person to buy a Ford product out of the area.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
This is something I can understand but if you had this position wouldn't it make more sense to shoot straight and say this is the reason we can't accept auto body warranty work BUT let me reach out to So&So dealership who we refer all our customers to with this type of work and get you an appointment?

I still need a local dealership to do regular service with both in and out of warranty and this 5-10 minutes of their time to show some customer service would have kept me coming back for all my service work.

My biggest issue is you can tell everyone wanted out of interacting with me as soon as they heard I didn't buy the car there. I can't be the first person to buy a Ford product out of the area.
I totally agree. Thatā€™s the way it is here sadly.They told me even when they submit a claim sometimes it takes a few days sometimes months to get approved.
probably hoping youā€™ll just give up and go away.

Last edited:

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Dealers sub out work all the time.
Sponsored