• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality Issues?

Quality Issues?

• Total voters

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I picked mine up 9/1/23. No issues at all except 2 times the infotainment screen did not come on. Both times turning the car off and on resolved it. Very good panel fitment and no paint issues.
i know you have a lot of miles on your s650, i got mine 4 days before you, and a lot less miles, my question is, do or did you have interior rattles/buzzes? i have had a few and resolved a few, but i have 2 on both side of the interior that mimic each other during acceleration and they drive me nuts. I think they are in the doors or dash but cant tell. the reason i even bring this up is to see if you have them and just ignore them or if you had them, how'd you resolve them?
Sponsored

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
i know you have a lot of miles on your s650, i got mine 4 days before you, and a lot less miles, my question is, do or did you have interior rattles/buzzes? i have had a few and resolved a few, but i have 2 on both side of the interior that mimic each other during acceleration and they drive me nuts. I think they are in the doors or dash but cant tell. the reason i even bring this up is to see if you have them and just ignore them or if you had them, how'd you resolve them?
The short answer is yes. I have three different sounds. One sounds like a creaking from the back of the car which corresponds to dips or bumps in the road. It’s only at slow speeds and when it is colder outside. I’m thinking it may be tied to the stuff I have in the trunk (car seat and helmets). It’s not a big deal, which is why I haven’t even bothered taking the stuff out of the trunk to see if that makes a difference. It doesn’t seem to be coming from the suspension, rather the body.

The second is the glove compartment door occasionally will rattle slightly. Pushing on it stops the noise. I may eventually put some sort of strips around where it contacts the dash to eliminate it, but again not a big deal.

Last, on rare occasions there is a rattle coming from the dash. I can pull lightly on the main instrument cluster screen and it stops. Again I thought about putting some sort of shim behind the screen, but it happens so rarely I haven’t done it.

When those noises pop up it’s somewhat aggravating at first, but then I forget about it. Every vehicle I’ve owned has stuff like that going on, so it isn’t something I’m too bothered by.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
The short answer is yes. I have three different sounds. One sounds like a creaking from the back of the car which corresponds to dips or bumps in the road. It’s only at slow speeds and when it is colder outside. I’m thinking it may be tied to the stuff I have in the trunk (car seat and helmets). It’s not a big deal, which is why I haven’t even bothered taking the stuff out of the trunk to see if that makes a difference. It doesn’t seem to be coming from the suspension, rather the body.

The second is the glove compartment door occasionally will rattle slightly. Pushing on it stops the noise. I may eventually put some sort of strips around where it contacts the dash to eliminate it, but again not a big deal.

Last, on rare occasions there is a rattle coming from the dash. I can pull lightly on the main instrument cluster screen and it stops. Again I thought about putting some sort of shim behind the screen, but it happens so rarely I haven’t done it.

When those noises pop up it’s somewhat aggravating at first, but then I forget about it. Every vehicle I’ve owned has stuff like that going on, so it isn’t something I’m too bothered by.
i actually just solved my center display rattle by rolling a piece of felt tape up a few times and wedging it between the display and dash, out of sight and the noise is gone there. i have an appointment with ford next week for the 2 rattles on both sides that happen with the acceleration, just because it varies in loudness and drives me nuts, but a working theory i have is the rattle being linked to the cold. i can't recall it before winter and earlier today when i solved the display rattle, my test drive didn't have the noise on either side. On my way to work at 9pm, it was 15 degrees F colder, and the rattles were back. Sunday is supposed to be substantially warmer here, im going to see then. If its gone when warm, then im going to cancel the appointment and just deal with it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
driver's HUD needs to be fixed.
mine also, seems to be non operational. How’d you get yours? Mine simply is a flat screen I need to look down at.

I know what you meant just giving you a rough time. HUD would be a nice addition.

ecc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang Coupe, 24 Mustang GT, 24 Blazer RS
Mine was built the week of January 22nd and I haven't noticed anything. I actually just went down to the parking garage at work to look at the hood based on the comments here about the fit and it looks perfect. Maybe it was pizza day when mine went through final adjustment and everyone was happy.
Sponsored