• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality Issues?

Quality Issues?

• Total voters

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
I generally shy away from first year model purchases primarily to give it time to shake out all the bugs. This time, however, I am going against the grain and jumping in early. That said, I am fairly concerned about the quality of the 24MY.

@roket Is maintaining a list of Recalls, SSMs and TSBs and frankly there seems to be a lot of them. I have seen a smattering of issues reported from early adopters both cosmetic and/or functional/mechanical. However, I have also read from some others that they haven't experienced any issues at all.

I am still waiting to take delivery of my order. For those that already have, what has been your experience?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@Gregs24 I think you missed the point. Generational run cycles generally last years. The SN95 was 10 years. The S197 was 9 years. The S550 8 years. The S650 is not even through its first year of production. On that basis it is still early.

Last edited:

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I picked mine up 9/1/23. No issues at all except 2 times the infotainment screen did not come on. Both times turning the car off and on resolved it. Very good panel fitment and no paint issues.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Almost all the S650 Mustangs have a panel gap on the left side of the nose cone.

Is Ford blind and keep producing them that way or are they going on with it because the costumers don't care?

The nose cone looks very bad on almost 90% of the brand new Mustangs.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@RaceRedder Kind of hard to make out given the angle of the pic. Any chance of highlighting the area?

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Gotcha. CJ Pony Parts addressed that in one of their vids by making some hood adjustments that pretty much anyone can do. Have you seen that?

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Gotcha. CJ Pony Parts addressed that in one of their vids by making some hood adjustments that pretty much anyone can do. Have you seen that?
Yep I saw that. Almost nobody does it and I guess nobody cares and that's why Ford keeps on producing cars that look like somebody replaced the parts by himself and was not good in fitting them.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Guess mine is the exception. I didn't see this on first inpection and I just double checked. Mine looks perfect. Car was built 12/14. Maybe Ford saw this thread and took notice.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
@Gregs24 I think you missed the point. Generational run cycles generally last years. The SN95 was 10 years. The S197 was 9 years. The S550 8 years. The S650 is not even through its first year of production. On that basis it is still early.
I usually shy from first year, got burnt on the "84 Corvette. I like the 24 too much to risk a chance of a change in 25 I don't like or the phase out of ICE... running out of time on that

No problems so far on mine, exceeded all expectations for me. Biggest concern is the screen, if it's a keeper I will get the Ford Premium warranty

Oh and not sure if the dealer prepped it or got lucky, panel gaps are near perfect on mine,
A lot of glare and reflections on this shot, though was one of the first things I checked,
S650 Mustang Quality Issues? panel

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@jexsk Would you mind sharing your story? I would really like to know.
Sponsored