• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Paint issues?

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Anyone else had any paint issues? My passenger door was rubbing on the front fender and started chipping the paint. I took it in and the dealer fixed it and had a paint shop take care of repainting. Noticing a couple other spots though that are missing a bit of paint. The first is above the windshield. It looks like a rock chip, but I don't recall being hit by a rock there. (Perhaps I didn't notice.) There was another one on the end of the hood but the dealer touched it up as well. Now I'm seeing a couple spots of missing or incomplete paint underneath the rear spoiler. The dealer told me to bring it in so they could touch it up with a paint pen. I'm a bit concerned since the car is only a few months old.

S650 Mustang Paint issues? tempImageCqFdxE

S650 Mustang Paint issues? tempImagevsvtB
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Ford has a General Service bulletin, GSB YY-7003, where "YY" is the calendar year. The GSB specifies what paint issues are warrantable and what are not. The most current version of the GSB I've found is 23-7003. The link that follows is an example. I'm also attaching a file of the GSB, dated, but laid out in an easier-to-read fashion.

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic...s-vehicles-paint-and-bumper-concern-analysis/

From my judgment, the first photo you reference would be covered. The second, no. The second is a chip from driving.

Any upcoming appointments, I'd utilize those to document and discuss any concerns, whether they are acted upon then or not.

You can also Google and study references to Paint Protection Film and consider installing it on any forward facing areas, the rocker and wheel well areas. Many take the occasional chip, repair and move on. For those which are more prone to receiving those hits, PPF can be well worth it. It's my belief modern paints are applied thinner. For those cars with a metallic or pearl hue, the paints can be difficult to match.

Attachments

Last edited:

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sorry for the late reply. I came across this a few days after taking ownership.
S650 Mustang Paint issues? IMG_7377

Edit: I just went out and wiped the area with a microfiber cloth and can confirm Ford fixed it. Looking at the bill, it was $1400-$1600 to fix this. They removed the entire panel to do this and I can tell because now my rear bumper has a slight gap🤦‍♂️ I told the body shop that when I come back for an oil change, to have them fix it. I was ready to get my vehicle back after being in the shop for a few weeks for some other warranty work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Sorry for the late reply. I came across this a few days after taking ownership.

Edit: I just went out and wiped the area with a microfiber cloth and can confirm Ford fixed it. Looking at the bill, it was $1400-$1600 to fix this. They removed the entire panel to do this and I can tell because now my rear bumper has a slight gap🤦‍♂️ I told the body shop that when I come back for an oil change, to have them fix it. I was ready to get my vehicle back after being in the shop for a few weeks for some other warranty work.
Thanks for sharing. You would think for the price of these cars that they'd be painted perfectly.

I came across these paint chips in my front bumper the other day. I guess they're rock chips? Kind of weird there were three of them so close to each other though. I touched them up with a paint pen.

S650 Mustang Paint issues? tempImageTUsUZW

wanted00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mutang GT Prem
Color match... on plastic parts its yellowish. Spoiler and bottom of quarter panel

S650 Mustang Paint issues? 20240303_171840

S650 Mustang Paint issues? 20240303_171906

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Its a Mustang- not a BMW - got to cut corners to get that coyote in at this price point...

I can post up some panel gaps off my car if you all want to feel better.....

My car makes your 24s look like its Lexus quality lol
Sponsored