• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Throttle response sound and delay?

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
In any mode, With the car idle, in park or neutral, revving the engine, there is a quick suction/vacuum sound, top front center of the engine and about a 500ms delay between pedal and the rev, is this normal?

Has the same feel on launch in any mode, I just chalked that up to gearing, 3.15
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Your mission , if you choose to accept it, is to find a way to engage forward motion at the precise moment the perceived delay has completed. This message will self …..

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Induction noise.

Delay is throttle by wire delay.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Pedal commander is the best way to rectify this if its bothering you.

https://pedalcommander.com/
Boy, do I feel old!
Are you saying the linkage between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body is electronic? This could be kinda scary from a Big Brother perspective.
When I test drove a GT with an MT-82 back in early December, I didn't sense any throttle response lag.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boy, do I feel old!
Are you saying the linkage between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body is electronic? This could be kinda scary from a Big Brother perspective.
When I test drove a GT with an MT-82 back in early December, I didn't sense any throttle response lag.
Yes. Throttle by wire has been around for well over a decade. No longer is there a direct cable linkage to the throttle body. It is all electronic. When you get your Mustang you will also notice the master cylinder is also electronic. No longer is there a vacuum brake booster. Yes, big brother can remotely shut off your car as the '24 is able to connect to the web via cell towers and Wi-Fi. That's why its a good idea to keep an old carbureted car. My '65 can survive an EMP and we keep driving as long as I can get gasoline. Not true for today's modern vehicles.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Throttle by wire has been around for well over a decade. No longer is there a direct cable linkage to the throttle body. It is all electronic. When you get your Mustang you will also notice the master cylinder is also electronic. No longer is there a vacuum brake booster. Yes, big brother can remotely shut off your car as the '24 is able to connect to the web via cell towers and Wi-Fi. That's why its a good idea to keep an old carbureted car. My '65 can survive an EMP and we keep driving as long as I can get gasoline. Not true for today's modern vehicles.
Wow! I REALLY feel old now.
My 2018 WRX is electronic. I didn't know that. However, my throttle response is more than satisfactory. I don't notice any lag.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! I REALLY feel old now.
My 2018 WRX is electronic. I didn't know that. However, my throttle response is more than satisfactory. I don't notice any lag.
Stomp on it from a dead stop. You'll notice a lag if it's built into the PCM software.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I know in slippery mode, the throttle response is reduced to help the driver avoid giving it too much throttle and causing the rear wheels to break traction. I believe it has also been noted somewhere (can't remember if it was on this forum or a YouTube video), that when the vehicle is in track mode, the throttle response is reduced as well.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stomp on it from a dead stop. You'll notice a lag if it's built into the PCM software.
"Dead Stop"? Any ICE would probably die if it was at idle.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know in slippery mode, the throttle response is reduced to help the driver avoid giving it too much throttle and causing the rear wheels to break traction. I believe it has also been noted somewhere (can't remember if it was on this forum or a YouTube video), that when the vehicle is in track mode, the throttle response is reduced as well.
Ah Ha! So this is one of the elements the various driving modes can be controlled by!