• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Normal engine sound?

sicksix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2022 Ford Explorer ST-Line
Is this sound normal? It's not as noticable with hood closed, but when hood it up, it's very obvious. Does it at startup and during normal operating temp. Only has about 500 miles so far.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The thump thump thump yes the raspy raspy loose sounding washer not so much otherwise not really hearing too much out of the ordinary. The little raspy spinning nylon washer sound could be something and at the same time could be nothing. At least it’s not a knock knock whack boom poof …. Check the pcv or maybe even remove the cover and see what you can find but unless it gets louder, more aggressive or changes in characteristics I’d just keep the periodic eye / ear on it, enjoy, and take comfort in the warranty.

OP
OP
sicksix

sicksix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2022 Ford Explorer ST-Line
Thanks, that's what I figured. I did remove the cover and it doesn't make a difference. The sound seems to be coming more from the front passenger side of the block. I'll keep an eye/ear on it and see.