• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else have this clicking noise, normal? Any ideas?

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone else have this sound? GT only few hundred miles, might have always been there though today noticed an odd clicking/buzzing sound from the upper front left side of the engine. Resembles sound of electrical arcing, though up close more like a tag or piece of paper flapping against something. Haven't had time to really dive in, just wondered if anyone else has this sound, normal or what it might be. Car runs great, no lights or codes

Sponsored

Last edited:

0627gabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT and 23 GT Vert
My dark horse sounds exactly the same. I thought maybe ingectors? Idkk. The only electrical noises I hear are when you unlock, lock the car or use the app on your phone to do that stuff. Sounds like electronics are turning on and off sending signals and what not haha or the active exhaust randomly opening and closing. I wouldn’t be too worried about that unless you really hear some knocking! I definitely heard the same noise, and was like what?! Lol

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My dark horse sounds exactly the same. I thought maybe ingectors? Idkk. The only electrical noises I hear are when you unlock, lock the car or use the app on your phone to do that stuff. Sounds like electronics are turning on and off sending signals and what not haha or the active exhaust randomly opening and closing. I wouldn’t be too worried about that unless you really hear some knocking! I definitely heard the same noise, and was like what?! Lol
Cool, that's all I need to know, as long as it's normal the noises don't bother me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Anyone else have this sound? GT only few hundred miles, might have always been there though today noticed an odd clicking/buzzing sound from the upper front left side of the engine. Resembles sound of electrical arcing, though up close more like a tag or piece of paper flapping against something. Haven't had time to really dive in, just wondered if anyone else has this sound, normal or what it might be. Car runs great, no lights or codes

Hi there! I can look into your mustang's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your mustang's VIN?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I thought we had this thread already? Something change? If you figure it out let me know. I still think it's the PCV valve and normal operation. Definitely have the same noise on mine. Car runs like a scalded dog so not worried about it....yet.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I thought we had this thread already? Something change? If you figure it out let me know. I still think it's the PCV valve and normal operation. Definitely have the same noise on mine. Car runs like a scalded dog so not worried about it....yet.
Thanks, yes I posted it in the wrong category and could not delete the old thread
Sponsored