• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is this whistling noise normal?

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 5.0 Premium, NPP/PP
I just started hearing this whistling noise yesterday, car only has 260 miles on it and I feel like i didn’t notice it before i took it for a short drive yesterday.

Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
😟 That sounds like a vacuum leak.

260 miles and back to the dealer it goes. Common Ford...

OP
OP
Tempyy

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 5.0 Premium, NPP/PP
😟 That sounds like a vacuum leak.

260 miles and back to the dealer it goes. Common Ford...
wouldnt that normally throw a code or check engine light?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
wouldnt that normally throw a code or check engine light?
It definitely could! But if there isn't a code it might not be that sever of a leak. I would pop the hood and let it idle for a bit and see if you can pinpoint the noise.

When you drove the car, did the whistle noise seem to go away when accelerating?

OP
OP
Tempyy

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 5.0 Premium, NPP/PP
It definitely could! But if there isn't a code it might not be that sever of a leak. I would pop the hood and let it idle for a bit and see if you can pinpoint the noise.

When you drove the car, did the whistle noise seem to go away when accelerating?
when im driving i cant hear it at all, when its idling and i bring the rpm up to like 1,000-1500 the noise gets a little louder

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Yeah I would take it in to your dealership unfortunately. It really seems like a vacuum leak based on your feedback and video. I would be able to tell in person. Really sucks that something like this happened so soon to a new car. I do not think that is normal, nor should be ignored.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
So I actually just got my car back from the dealership today for that same issue. They stated that they could not find anything wrong in the system/engine and deemed it a normal noise for the coyote. Mine has done it since day 1 and I just rolled over 2350 miles on mine. Mine does that noise on every startup until the car idles down, and then on mid/hard acceleration. Attached is a clip of mine but from under the car on startup.

With this being said, run it like you stole it and if it turns out it isn't normal, and the engine pops, ford warranty will replace them. I plan on sending a oil sample to Blackstone on my next oil change to be sure nothing is happening internally.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I just started hearing this whistling noise yesterday, car only has 260 miles on it and I feel like i didn’t notice it before i took it for a short drive yesterday.

Do you happen to have the active exhaust? Mine makes a similar hissing noise when it’s in quiet.

I would assume it’s the exhaust trying to escape the closed valves

OP
OP
Tempyy

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 5.0 Premium, NPP/PP
Do you happen to have the active exhaust? Mine makes a similar hissing noise when it’s in quiet.

I would assume it’s the exhaust trying to escape the closed valves
yes i do and actually last night when i first heard that noise the car was in quiet to start but i switched it to track after and today that video was taken in normal mode.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
yes i do and actually last night when i first heard that noise the car was in quiet to start but i switched it to track after and today that video was taken in normal mode.
Try it in track. I don’t hear much, but the hiss seems to come from the axle back.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this noise concern? Thank you!
Sponsored