• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
@Ford Motor Company, listen up, stuff your customers want in the next update:

1. An option to fully turn off that stupid ass heart beat on start up. Just annoyingly gimmicky and unnecessary.

Anyone else?
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Mine and others short shifts really bad in drag strip mode… like 6K rpm.
1/2 and 2/3 are fine and go 7K, but 3/4 and up…you have to switch it to manual mode mid pass to get the rpm.

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
2. Back up camera, auto braking sensitivity adjustment. Cars 50 feet behind me shouldn't cause the car to brake.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Untie magneride modes to the drive mode so we can set magenride to whatever mode we want in whatever mode we want.

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Fix the pre collision alert not available when I remote start the car lol hasn’t happened as much but does get a bit annoying having to turn the car off and then back on so it goes away.

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
1. Ditto on the startup chime, it's driving my wife and I crazy. It is just way too loud.
2. When I plug my phone in to use Android Auto, the car's built in phone chime for messages and phone calls should be disabled automatically. I shouldn't hear a chime when I receive a message, when I have disabled notification sounds already within AA.
3. The car also should remember the previous setting for the phone chime, whether connected via bluetooth or Carplay/AA.
4. When using Android Auto or Apple Carplay, we need the option to hide the "Information On Demand" panel. None of the information in this panel is needed when using Carplay/AA, and the added screen real estate would be nice.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
  • Reverse lines not always displaying requiring a system reboot
  • More options for the favorite button, drive mode favorite would be nice
  • Fully customizable drive mode, normal magneride, sport exhaust, sport steering normal transmission shift, sport throttle response combo and so on
  • I know this is unlikely but remembering the drive mode you last used for next startup would be fantastic

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
How about showing the correct redline for manual transmission cars? The fact that they released incorrect is ridiculous to begin with, especially when we're talking about a digital cluster--it's not like they needed a separate part to put in the gauge cluster.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
When the power initially comes on you get the GPS screen which I like. Then the Car Play comes up and you have to press the Home button to get back to the GPS. Perhaps the computer should remember what was the last screen up and return to that point.

Older cars had a button that would allow you to select the source you wish to listen to. That button isn't on the newer steering wheel and there is a sources word that appears on some screens. Somehow I got stuck it a screen and the lack of a sources button prevented me from getting where I could select a the FM radio. Some combination of button pressing got me out of it but I am pretty sure I can't easily repeat it. Perhaps sources should be added to the home screen where it will be easy to find. The secret to a clean layout is having everything accessible within a layer or two from the home screen.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
@Ford Motor Company, listen up, stuff your customers want in the next update:

1. An option to fully turn off that stupid ass heart beat on start up. Just annoyingly gimmicky and unnecessary.

Anyone else?
Buckle the seat belt before you start the car and it won’t do that.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
When the power initially comes on you get the GPS screen which I like. Then the Car Play comes up and you have to press the Home button to get back to the GPS. Perhaps the computer should remember what was the last screen up and return to that point.

Older cars had a button that would allow you to select the source you wish to listen to. That button isn't on the newer steering wheel and there is a sources word that appears on some screens. Somehow I got stuck it a screen and the lack of a sources button prevented me from getting where I could select a the FM radio. Some combination of button pressing got me out of it but I am pretty sure I can't easily repeat it. Perhaps sources should be added to the home screen where it will be easy to find. The secret to a clean layout is having everything accessible within a layer or two from the home screen.
Talking about getting stuck on a screen... I had been listening to music from my phone and the wife wanted to drive the next day and couldn't find a way to get to the FM radio either. She called me at work trying to figure it out... I finally told her to hit the voice command button on the steering wheel and tell it what station to tune it to... easy way out, lol.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Talking about getting stuck on a screen... I had been listening to music from my phone and the wife wanted to drive the next day and couldn't find a way to get to the FM radio either. She called me at work trying to figure it out... I finally told her to hit the voice command button on the steering wheel and tell it what station to tune it to... easy way out, lol.
Not so easy, I have the car cellphone off because they will want to charge me for another data plan. For the most part I am the only one in the car so a hot spot is useless. I have a cell phone which is with me 24/7 as people depend on me being available any time of the day or night. In this case, the car plays dumb if I ask it any question.
Sponsored