• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update

Rubys650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650
Untie magneride modes to the drive mode so we can set magenride to whatever mode we want in whatever mode we want.
100% this. Love the car but it’s crazy that the only thing that can be changed in “custom mode” is the exhaust.

probably not possible, but it would be great if the blank button on the gt could be another favorite button.
Sponsored

McStang13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 GT Premiun, ‘66 Coupe Restomoded
My Color settings tied to Profiles would be nice. Also confirmation of door lock when you use the touch button on the handle the same way you get using the remote…sometimes I’m not sure if it actually locked. Or auto lock when you get a certain distance away from the car, like my GMC truck has.

This isn’t software, so no way to fix, but it irks me that a car this great with all the technology didn’t offer a HUD.

Unixis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem + PP w/ 6spd
Would love the blank physical button in GT (far left/Auto engine shutoff button for others) to be another favorite button... possibly one with the ability to control the HVAC too vs just ride modes or exhaust (like recirculate button - way too many clicks/screen loads when you're almost already too late to see a cattle yard coming up fast...) or just a quick switch to the 'extra gauges' app.

Also... nice to have: Instant/live/real-time fuel economy numbers as a sub-option if you want that on the fuel mileage (vs just avg and the live 'sliding bar') page of the dashboard. Can see my AF mixture in real time, but not my calculated consumption...

Seconding/Nth-ing on magneride mode decoupling as well.

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
A more stable Android Auto/Blue Tooth connection so it doesn't drop calls or cause a lot of static during the call.
While driving, I'll randomly get a message on the screen that says that it has lost a wireless connection to my cell phone and Android Auto stops working. The only way to get it back is to stop the car somewhere and turn it back on. Kinda aggravating...
I've been experiencing the same more frequently recently.

Mrswear2god

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My Color settings tied to Profiles would be nice. Also confirmation of door lock when you use the touch button on the handle the same way you get using the remote…sometimes I’m not sure if it actually locked. Or auto lock when you get a certain distance away from the car, like my GMC truck has.

This isn’t software, so no way to fix, but it irks me that a car this great with all the technology didn’t offer a HUD.
My color is already tied to the profile you just have to enable personal profiles. Also you should be able to feel it lock when you use the button on the door

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
would like a reverse switch for the cooling seats .. for days when i have alot of farts ..would like my farts to get sucked out into the environment instead of blowing into my face every-time 🤢🤢🌮🌮💩💩
In the seat, out the exhaust, up the street - improved efficiency. That’s the burrito blower option.

Last edited:

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack + Active
I’d like them to fix the delay on the Mustang or my favorites button after start up. When I hit that after start up, it takes 15-30 seconds to come up.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Also you should be able to feel it lock when you use the button on the door
Locking can be so slow that you question if it locked or not, and maybe you just missed feeling it lock.

McStang13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 GT Premiun, ‘66 Coupe Restomoded
My color is already tied to the profile you just have to enable personal profiles. Also you should be able to feel it lock when you use the button on the door
Do you have multiple profiles enabled? I didn’t see a way to tie a color to a profile . .maybe I need to play with it some more.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Resume route after power off (ie filling the tank) when using built in nav

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Fix the glitch where the system resets for no reason. Get in and suddenly I have the Fox body screen even though it is checked to set the screen to "drive mode". Or the my color all resets to brown/orange even though it was never touched. Won't save the center screen options as selected and trip 2 keeps getting deleted from the screen.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Give us a day mode on the infotainment screen (white background with black letters). On my F150 SYNC 4, I can switch day, night, or auto. On the new Mustang, I cannot find a way to get day mode. The black background is hard for me to read in the daylight.

Reactions: Zig

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
- Remembering the Drive/Exhaust mode you last used for next startup or possibility to link to fob key
- A10 Gear display
- Option to have Daylight/Night/Auto mode on dashboard or for dash apps
every time Android Auto or CarPlay maps connects, maps show in dark/night mode only
(maybe im doing something wrong? but this worked perfectly in my old 2020 mustang)
- More options for the favorite button