• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
When will Job 2 begin? My replacement is scheduled for 12/11, hoping it’s after that date
If you were reading the posts from newface, you would have seen a few weeks ago that Job 1 was "balanced out".

S650 Mustang Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update ford-scheduling-notes-11-6-23-1-

Job 2 was scheduled to start Nov 9, and you can see this in the dressing period.
(Retooling, whatever, to implement any production tweaks)

S650 Mustang Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update ford-scheduling-notes-11-13-23-1-

Sorry all, getting off topic.

Here's one thing I'd like fixed:
The communication from head office, trickling down through middle management muppets, through the dealer network, and ultimately to me, the guy who is paying a small fortune only because I "want" one, not because I need one.
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That's weird because mine starts in quiet mode in the morning. The initial start up is normal, but then it goes to quiet. I don't have to hit the button - when I walk out into the garage it is running quiet mode.

The initial start up in normal is what the engineers opted for. My son-in-law is an engineer with Stellantis and he said that was a huge argument over the Challenger with one group saying, "but that is what the owner wants to hear is that initial deep exhaust note" but the other side won out and it starts up right in quiet mode.
Mine only starts in quiet mode if I start it from inside the car

OP
OP
DannyJ7

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
3. Setting to turn off artificial sound from engine/active noise dampening.

Unixis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem + PP w/ 6spd
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

For reverse compatibility reasons, that's not ever going to happen.
The GTs from Job 2 onwards will have the Auto Start/Stop.

It was always a "late availability" item:

ASS-Late.jpg

And if you go the builder, you'll see this now:

ASS.JPG

Our RHD builds are mid-January, and although there is no mention of this "feature", it's pictured in the brochure:

ASS-AU.jpg

I'm absolutely with you, can do without this crap, and prefer a second programmable favs button.
mmmm... tastes like disappointment... I am pretty bugged by the empty/useless button in a $60k car that already has too few direct buttons, but also pretty happy mine doesn't have Auto Start/Stop. I live in [gentler] northern California now, but back when I lived in Texas an Auto Start/Stop feature was pretty much just an annoyance as the A/C kicked out every time the engine stopped and the temps in the cabin would soar on days above 90F/32C (which happened... too often). But who knows? Maybe that feature will up the fuel mileage just enough [probably like 0.01 mpg] to get rid of the $1000 gas guzzler tax on the manuals (not applied to A10s) in the US...

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Auto's do too
I have an auto and it does not show the current gear on the display UNLESS I am using the paddle shifters

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Dark Horse M6, 2020 EB HPP
- weird audio glitches, especially on Bluetooth while using the screen.
- put the current gear on the fox body gauge.
- stop restricting certain options to the mode you're in such as steering being locked in sport.
- not a huge fan of the cruise control not being stopped on clutch in and it resuming/pulling as soon as clutch engages.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
- not a huge fan of the cruise control not being stopped on clutch in and it resuming/pulling as soon as clutch engages.
It does that? The clutch on my old car always disengage the cruse control but I haven't tried it on this one. Normally I tap the brake to disengage the cruise control and let the engine slow me down before I use the clutch. That reduces brake wear and give the person in back of me time to realize I am slowing down and they should as well.
No lift shifting might figure into this so you might look for a setting to disable it. I have turned rev matching off but I think that only applies to downshifting.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I have an auto and it does not show the current gear on the display UNLESS I am using the paddle shifters
Very odd, as in the manual it has a picture with the standard cluster showing the gears displayed in the rev counter for an auto in D (not M), as for the S550.

S650 Mustang Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update 1702546674162

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Very odd, as in the manual it has a picture with the standard cluster showing the gears displayed in the rev counter for an auto in D (not M), as for the S550.

1702546674162.png
I know, I saw the same thing in the manual. You can be in "D" and use the paddle shifters and the gear shows. As soon as the car takes control again, because you are in "D", the gear disappears again

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does that? The clutch on my old car always disengage the cruse control but I haven't tried it on this one. Normally I tap the brake to disengage the cruise control and let the engine slow me down before I use the clutch. That reduces brake wear and give the person in back of me time to realize I am slowing down and they should as well.
No lift shifting might figure into this so you might look for a setting to disable it. I have turned rev matching off but I think that only applies to downshifting.
Yup! So for example if I'm coming on to an on ramp, and go to shift down a gear in preparation to slow down, as soon as you reengage the clutch it'll take off to catch back up to the set speed. I think it's actually part of the adaptive cruise control with stop and go. It's just kind of an odd implementation in a manual.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Yup! So for example if I'm coming on to an on ramp, and go to shift down a gear in preparation to slow down, as soon as you reengage the clutch it'll take off to catch back up to the set speed. I think it's actually part of the adaptive cruise control with stop and go. It's just kind of an odd implementation in a manual.
All of my manual cars since around 2015 have had this feature. Even my base Honda accord resumes cruise control set speed after using clutch to shift.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of my manual cars since around 2015 have had this feature. Even my base Honda accord resumes cruise control set speed after using clutch to shift.
Strange it's a first for me. My 2020 ZL1 didn't do it, nor did my BMW M3.

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

1702546674162.png
I feel like this is how it was intended to be but it's not showing, they need to fix it in a software update but I don't know if that's possible or if they care enough to.

Edit: Quiet mode remote startup needs to be fixed ASAP so it actually starts in quiet mode, it's pretty much useless for me because quiet mode only works if you start it from inside the car which I almost never do.
Sponsored

Last edited: