• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
- Remembering the Drive/Exhaust mode you last used for next startup or possibility to link to fob key
Amen on this one

I thought there was a way to set it to start on quiet mode every time? Or set by time of day? Does this functionality work?
Sponsored

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Amen on this one

I thought there was a way to set it to start on quiet mode every time? Or set by time of day? Does this functionality work?
It works for me. I enabled the "quiet start" option, and then schedule it from 1am to 11pm, that way it always starts quiet. I set it this way because it was not remembering what i used the last time.

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Amen on this one

I have mine set to start on quiet mode between 11pm to 7am. Only problem is if you remote start the car it dos not go into quiet mode until you get in the car and hit the start button or get in the car and start it from behind the wheel

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Another thought... if you have the fuel mileage center screen in view, the scale goes up to 40mpg. However, the sliding bar that indicates real time fuel mileage only goes up to about 30. The bar should go to 40 as well. It is also a bit sluggish compared to my F150 and other previous Fords I have owned. I can live with sluggish if I have to, but please fix the bar going to 40 issue.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Would love the blank physical button in GT (far left/Auto engine shutoff button for others) to be...
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

For reverse compatibility reasons, that's not ever going to happen.
The GTs from Job 2 onwards will have the Auto Start/Stop.

It was always a "late availability" item:

S650 Mustang Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update ASS-Late

And if you go the builder, you'll see this now:

S650 Mustang Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update ASS.JPG

Our RHD builds are mid-January, and although there is no mention of this "feature", it's pictured in the brochure:

S650 Mustang Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update ASS-AU

I'm absolutely with you, can do without this crap, and prefer a second programmable favs button.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
That would be annoying..especially if your running a more aggressive exhaust system having it shut off and on at every damn light 😫😫
Just imagine, auto/hill hold in the manual with auto stop star…. A burn out at every stop.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have start/stop in my company car. I start it and hit the button to turn it off. No issues

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I have start/stop in my company car. I start it and hit the button to turn it off. No issues
Last one from me re auto ss - unless something really good comes up. Just like frigging windows click start to shut down.

Last edited:

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have mine set to start on quiet mode between 11pm to 7am. Only problem is if you remote start the car it dos not go into quiet mode until you get in the car and hit the start button or get in the car and start it from behind the wheel
That's weird because mine starts in quiet mode in the morning. The initial start up is normal, but then it goes to quiet. I don't have to hit the button - when I walk out into the garage it is running quiet mode.

The initial start up in normal is what the engineers opted for. My son-in-law is an engineer with Stellantis and he said that was a huge argument over the Challenger with one group saying, "but that is what the owner wants to hear is that initial deep exhaust note" but the other side won out and it starts up right in quiet mode.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I hope that they fix the "dual control" for the HVAC. My car doesn't remember the settings and never starts up with the dual mode engaged. It always defaults to both sides being set to the driver setting.

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My suggestions (some previously mentioned):
1. Current gear shown for automatics
2. MyColor settings for gauges and center screen text set separately
3. Allow custom drive mode on startup

Phrawst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium DMG PP
Biggest pain I've found I'd like to see fixed is the system being a bit smarter for which phone to connect to for wireless carplay. Both my wife's iphone and mine are paired with the car. When I get into the car after she's driven it, the bluetooth connects to my phone right away (in the car) but carplay connects immediately to the last phone that used it if that phone is in range (her phone in the house if she's home). Just find a way to connect carplay to the phone that made the quick bluetooth connection.

Most other things I'd like to see have been said, but....

1. Auto lock on walk away
2. Show the current gear for automatics (I liked that on the 2023 I test drove)
3. Setting customizations through the Ford app (bonus to control settings assigned to each key fob)
3. Separate all adjustable functions to allow creating a custom ride (magneride, exhaust, steering, console)
4. Remember last exhaust mode at least (except in quite start window)
5. More colors for MyColor
6. For fun, create an instrument cluster theme based on the Star Wars trench run

Reactions: Zig

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
One thing that would be nice on the phone connection is one of the few things that my wife liked about the BMW she had. If we were both in the car it would connect to both of our phones so it didn't matter who was getting a call, we could answer it.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
That’s crazy auto doesn’t show what gear. Manual even shows it which was quite interesting

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

For reverse compatibility reasons, that's not ever going to happen.
The GTs from Job 2 onwards will have the Auto Start/Stop.

It was always a "late availability" item:

ASS-Late.jpg

And if you go the builder, you'll see this now:

ASS.JPG

Our RHD builds are mid-January, and although there is no mention of this "feature", it's pictured in the brochure:

ASS-AU.jpg

I'm absolutely with you, can do without this crap, and prefer a second programmable favs button.
When will Job 2 begin? My replacement is scheduled for 12/11, hoping it’s after that date
Sponsored