• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stuff you want Ford to fix in the next software update

CT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
I want the RPM and Speedometer to be closer together so I can see them better through the steering wheel.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
my wishlist
1. untie magneride and steering mode from the base custom drive mode
2. add a "2015-2023 S550" theme to the gauge cluster, basically the analogue gauges from the S550
3. add more colors to MyColor
4. allow that seat belt warning when an occupied seat is unbuckled to be dismissed
5. disable the gauge cluster screen from bringing up the seat belt status on every single key cycle
6. fix the speedometer delay, the RPM and other stats don't have it and i've already gotten a ticket because of it!
7. allow the intelligent speed limiter to go as low as 10 mph
8. change the drive mode and MyMustang menu graphics to represent an EcoBoost VS GT VS Dark Horse instead of everything being a GT (they already do it for say an F-150 Tremor VS regular F-150)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Satellite view with built-in nav.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Technology is great, but just give me a car without a bunch of "cutesy" features. I really don't need to see a Mustang that I can rotate 360 degrees on my display screen. Yes, I'm old. All I want is a car that performs and handles well. Just the basics, please. It seems to me that car manufacturers are trying to see how much technology they can pack in today's cars to outdo one another. The more technology, the more problems. If I want a bunch of cushy, fancy features I'll buy a Cadillac. Sometimes less is more.

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Let us customize the color of the mustang on the dash instead of being stuck with a silver one? Tesla has this?

also the delay to adjust exhaust tone, way too long.

let us select our own wallpapers for backgrounds?

lets us select our own screen savers or dynamic wallpaper / lock screens

let us customize and change audio cues like the gallops or any other audio to whatever we want.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Be able to set modes and or custom settings via the app with new settings available / download confirmation / apply via vehicle console

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Let us customize the color of the mustang on the dash instead of being stuck with a silver one? Tesla has this?
I second this one, and more instrument cluster themes.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Yeah they could have given it more ambient lighting. But a 360 camera with a video recorder feature would have been great for people with the HP or lowered cars. I would have gladly paid extra to add something like that on. Would help with seeing what's in front and recording track days. So they did miss am opportunity to have that as an add-on option.

JOEG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 ,
The ability to turn off the welcome lighting SHOW when using the remote.
The light SHOW that is, just have normal lighting like all other vehicles.

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
A more stable Android Auto/Blue Tooth connection so it doesn't drop calls or cause a lot of static during the call.
While driving, I'll randomly get a message on the screen that says that it has lost a wireless connection to my cell phone and Android Auto stops working. The only way to get it back is to stop the car somewhere and turn it back on. Kinda aggravating...

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Repurpose / Streamline the vent and defrost controls. Why are there 2 MAX Defrost buttons? (1 on the infotainment, 1 on the quick launch bar in the dash) I use Auto fan a lot, and works great with setting a digital temperature, but sometimes I like to turn on just lower vents for heat, so the heat rises through the car and not blowing right in my face. Using the center button to change dash, floor, and defrost vents is too many "clicks".

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I want the RPM and Speedometer to be closer together so I can see them better through the steering wheel.
Seeing everything is software instead of hardware, how about two circular gauges overlapping each other. The outer ring could be speed and the inter ring the tach. Inside that you might have the digital speed. The whole thing could be centered to line up with the center of the steering wheel.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
4. When using Android Auto or Apple Carplay, we need the option to hide the "Information On Demand" panel. None of the information in this panel is needed when using Carplay/AA, and the added screen real estate would be nice.
With Carplay, there's a button top left that lets you switch the view between wide and info on demand panel. I like having the additional panel, because it let's me hang up the phone without switching away from my maps.

also the delay to adjust exhaust tone, way too long.
Are you talking about AVE? Seems like yours is not working right. Mine switches instantly.

ZiggyStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru WRX
A more stable Android Auto/Blue Tooth connection so it doesn't drop calls or cause a lot of static during the call.
While driving, I'll randomly get a message on the screen that says that it has lost a wireless connection to my cell phone and Android Auto stops working. The only way to get it back is to stop the car somewhere and turn it back on. Kinda aggravating...
This is my top issue with the android auto/ Bluetooth!
I also wish it would remember what drive mode it was in last. It remembers the seat warmer was on and the temperature, but not drive mode. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Sponsored