• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shift Knob Replacements

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just got a custom titanium shift knob from Billetworkz. I wanted something that looked as close as possible to The Dark Horse's shift knob without having to spend an exorbitant amount of money. While it was pricey ($175) i would much rather pay that than $600 for OEM.
shift knob.jpg
What model did you order and did you add the reverse lockout? Have you installed and how hard is it to remove the boot and housing?
Sponsored

Joe_Cool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vapor Blue GT PP X-Pipe & HRE FF10's
What model did you order and did you add the reverse lockout? Have you installed and how hard is it to remove the boot and housing?
The model I ordered from Billetworkz was their “custom engraved titanium knobs”(torched color and short teardrop knob shape with the GT graphic and standard font). If you do a custom order, be very meticulous in how you place the order as specific shapes/graphics only work with certain configurations. For example, in order to keep the OEM lockout I went with the “short teardrop” shape, any other shape besides (I think) the piston knob calls for an aftermarket lockout. I wanted a spherical knob to match the dark horse exactly but Billetworkz stated the oem lockout would not work with that shape. In regards to the boot/housing removal I have no clue as it’s not required to replace the knob. However if you watch the video on Fords short throw shifter install they walk through the whole proces of tearing apart the shifter area. Here’s a link to that video:

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yea it's the tear drop and hybrid that replace the factory knob anything else requires the reverse lockout. I like the sphere and I like it sitting lower the hybrid I thought looked huge in one of their install videos it was sitting next to the sphere. Appreciate the info!

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Personally I opted for the ASHIKO model from Receseng. it is weighted shift knob of 1.6 lbs… and I chose white to go with my space gray interior

IMG_4658.jpeg
Without a doubt they make an OUTSTANDING product. Highly recommend Raceseng

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Is there an A10 shifter replacement?
Im not a fan of the stock one at all!

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just got this based on recommendations in this thread. I was going to to bullet work but instead went raceseng. This thing is a tank. Seems incredibly well built and the color is fantastic (transparent red). The install if you get OEM lockout is simple as can be. Taller than I wanted but it's still great. Not installed entirely because I can't find my thread lock but you get the idea

20230922_075447.jpg

20230922_083512.jpg

20230922_083537.jpg

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Just installed this one today from ShiftSolutionsCo.

really liking it and it is as close to a match of the Atlas blue as i could find.

IMG_6919.jpeg

IMG_6920.jpeg

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Just installed this one today from ShiftSolutionsCo.

really liking it and it is as close to a match of the Atlas blue as i could find.

IMG_6919.jpeg

IMG_6920.jpeg
But how will you ever know what gear you’re in?! 🥺 😅

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
I wanted (want) the DH shift knob, but have the Ford accessories carbon fiber shift knob waiting for my car to meet it at my dealership to hold me over until Ford starts selling them.

IMG_4169.jpeg

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd