• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic Trans Shift Knob Change

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Mustang GT EV is available late 2028 ..the s650 is the last ICE production mustang ..cant wait
They tried to kill the mustang before, twice if you count the mustang II. Lets hope that the mustang can brow a line from Mark Twain - ‘The report of my death was an exaggeration’

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Mustang GT EV is available late 2028 ..the s650 is the last ICE production mustang ..cant wait
there is no evidence to prove that the S650 is the last ICE Mustang. given the current sales, or lack thereof, of EVs, there is nothing to worry about. my dealer has 381 vehicle in inventory and ~15% of it is Mach Es, ~3% is Lightnings, and ~1% is E-Transits, so ~19% of the dealer's inventory is EVs. for some perspective, ~17% of our inventory is the F-150 Crew Cab, easily Ford's most popular vehicle

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
LOL no. Just no to this product. Awful.
Its an automatic... if you chose the dumb transmission then you should get stuck playing with your paddles.
Drive a real stick in order to play with a fun shifty ball in your hand instead of being a poser with a fake shifter.

This ^ coming from a 29 year old millennial fyi. :) I approve this message.
NO ONE on this forum would try to pretend they were driving a manual. I'm guessing most here are able. There is such a thing a choosing a pretty shift knob without being a "poser." Calling an automatic transmission "dumb".... I'm assuming these new-fangled computer users are posing unlike you true abacus masters? JERK. This is a forum of lovers of mustangs, not a attempt-to-make yourself-feel-superior-because-of-your-personal-taste platform. Wait, I'm sorry, I just realized you are a 29 year old with infinite wisdom. We old farts were driving a stick before you came out of your daddy's.

Last edited:

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I don’t see the point of paying hundreds of dollars for a ball. It’s a waste of money in my opinion that could be used on other parts of the car to make it your own. However, it’s your car and your money so do with it what you want.

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t see the point of paying hundreds of dollars for a ball. It’s a waste of money in my opinion that could be used on other parts of the car to make it your own. However, it’s your car and your money so do with it what you want.
You're kind of making his argument..... "could be used on other parts of the car to make it your own." that's what he's doing! There are a million different custom shifter balls. Can't say the same with automatic shifters. Not trying to fake anyone out. Who would he fake out?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I will be getting a red shift knob for it's looks.
I have been driving vehicles with manual transmission for decades, I'm not trying to prove anything. Now if some guy who wants steel it and goes goes away because he thinks it's a manual then that's just a bonus.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
LOL no. Just no to this product. Awful.
Its an automatic... if you chose the dumb transmission then you should get stuck playing with your paddles.
Drive a real stick in order to play with a fun shifty ball in your hand instead of being a poser with a fake shifter.

This ^ coming from a 29 year old millennial fyi. :) I approve this message.
Love this! And seeing you are 29 gives me some small amount of hope for the future of western civilization.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
It was out of stock at CJs so I ordered direct form Barton, I wish the red was a bit darker to match the red leather but I think it's a nice improvement over the stock.

Vadv3qu.jpg

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was one of the few lucky ones to get one from the infamous (although very skilled) Anarchy Motive. BBB rating of about -50 but I made him send a written agreement 1st. Had it for my 19 Bullitt and moved it over to DH.
Sponsored