• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shift Knob Replacements

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering what are good shift knob replacements? I like the look of the white ball that I've seen some people use and I have also seen some weighted ones, not sure if those are any good. Anyways just trying to start a new topic. I ordered a manual Mustang and will be replacing the stock one soon after I get my car.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
In the corvette world, MGW shifters are pretty much the only things used. Without knowing too much about Mustangs, thatā€™s where I would look first.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
https://www.americanmuscle.com/modern-billet-white-6speed-shiftknob-2015.html

Always wanted a white ball shifter so I ordered this and it just showed up a couple days ago. Was skeptical as it was so cheap but it's actually super nice! It's engraved instead of painted on like many others and the weight feels good. Can't wait to actually put it in my car and see how it feels. No negatives about it but if I end up not liking it it's cheap enough not to care. But I do see myself keeping it as I love the look and feel.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Donā€™t kill me I know what you all are going to say but are there any shift knob replacements for the auto? Im not a fan of the shift knob design but also dont want to pretend i got a manual so something that doesnā€™t look like a manual shift knob?

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Donā€™t kill me I know what you all are going to say but are there any shift knob replacements for the auto? Im not a fan of the shift knob design but also dont want to pretend i got a manual so something that doesnā€™t look like a manual shift knob?
https://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-shift-knobs.html/f/?ta$302=Automatic

Lol. Try this link, it should be sorted by auto shifters. Not nearly as many options as a manual but the grip shifters could be cool if that's your style.

javiviano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Mustang
https://www.americanmuscle.com/modern-billet-white-6speed-shiftknob-2015.html

Always wanted a white ball shifter so I ordered this and it just showed up a couple days ago. Was skeptical as it was so cheap but it's actually super nice! It's engraved instead of painted on like many others and the weight feels good. Can't wait to actually put it in my car and see how it feels. No negatives about it but if I end up not liking it it's cheap enough not to care. But I do see myself keeping it as I love the look and feel.
I am liking that white one and have been debating it. I'll probably wait until the 3D Titanium Blue shifter shows up and make a decision then.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering what are good shift knob replacements? I like the look of the white ball that I've seen some people use and I have also seen some weighted ones, not sure if those are any good. Anyways just trying to start a new topic. I ordered a manual Mustang and will be replacing the stock one soon after I get my car.

Thanks.
I have a white knob from a 2020 Bullitt an my desk ready to install. They are available lots of places as Ford Performance part M-7214-M8B. No I didnā€™t pay $145 for a knob job šŸ˜

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-7213-M8B

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
This may be a little too ā€œmanual lookingā€ but I had a shifter from white madness garage on my 2020 auto. I liked that they would do custom engraving for a reasonable price and it was easy to install.
You may want to check if it will work on the s650 a10.

https://www.wmgarage.com/s550shifters

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I am liking that white one and have been debating it. I'll probably wait until the 3D Titanium Blue shifter shows up and make a decision then.
I was thinking waiting for a titanium as well but I ended up with the white as I thought it would look good with my space grey seats. Plus it's so easy to change em I might end up getting both anyways and just swap em out every few weeks, why not?

javiviano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Mustang
I was thinking waiting for a titanium as well but I ended up with the white as I thought it would look good with my space grey seats. Plus it's so easy to change em I might end up getting both anyways and just swap em out every few weeks, why not?
Sorry if I missed it, but did you go GT or Dark Horse?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I have used Epco. They have a great selection.
https://epcomfg.com/shift-knobs/
I see that they are not Ford licensed any longer. I see Speed Dawg has great Ford stuff including the running pony.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i wouldn't hold your guys' breath for that titanium shift knob. Ford charges around $600 before tax for a replacement one

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry if I missed it, but did you go GT or Dark Horse?
I went GT, if you went dark horse I would just keep it with the titanium since it'll be more special.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
i wouldn't hold your guys' breath for that titanium shift knob. Ford charges around $600 before tax for a replacement one
Ok maybe I'll stick with my $30 white ball šŸ˜‚ rather spend that money on performance.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
A while back I found a guy that was custom drilling pool/billiard balls for use as shift knobs. At first I thought they might be too big. But I took a chance and I bought two of them.

At 2-1/4" in diameter, they are perfect for my hand:

1000025072.jpg

1000025076.jpg

Even in the hottest weather they stay pretty cool. You figure they are durable enough to be slammed around a pool table, so they are more than durable enough for use as a shift knob. And I have never had any issues with cracking, chipping or the knob loosening up on the shifter threads.

Not sure this is a viable option in the Dark Horse with that big honking lockout ring at the base of the knob.

But maybe good for GT owners
Sponsored

Last edited: