• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Ford moving away from the boomers makes perfect sense imo, theyre in their 60s and 70s, have mostly retired and already have their "forever cars" Ford might as well be throwing money into a fire if they were to focus on them.
You know what I’ve noticed? No one ever talks smack about GenX. 😂😂😂
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Everyone knows we will cut you!
That’s the problem (no offense - ha ha ??) with all these gens… ain’t nobody know how 2 du no nuttin’ wit out the prior gen demonstrating.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
You know what I’ve noticed? No one ever talks smack about GenX. 😂😂😂
We're here. Purchasing the cars we want (fun cars with V8s, manual transmissions, etc.) before it's too late. :)

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're here. Purchasing the cars we want (fun cars with V8s, manual transmissions, etc.) before it's too late. :)
Agreed! Life was much simpler when we were coming up, half the shit we did back then would have you put in jail today. Eddie Murphy, the Diceman, Richard Pryor, pfft, imagine that in todays world. Lmao

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
@Savagegeese Jack I’m sure you guys will be reviewing the GT as well. But I’m curious if during your talks with the engineering team if they told you of any updates to the GT in terms of avoiding overheating during track days.

The DH obviously has a ton of track specific gear, but definitely outside my price range. I can probably swing the 5k for the PP though!

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Savagegeese Jack I’m sure you guys will be reviewing the GT as well. But I’m curious if during your talks with the engineering team if they told you of any updates to the GT in terms of avoiding overheating during track days.

The DH obviously has a ton of track specific gear, but definitely outside my price range. I can probably swing the 5k for the PP though!
I’ve tracked my 18 GT PP several times, my only issue were the brakes. They went to mush last session on the first track day. Installed stainless steel lines and 660 fluid, haven’t had an issue since.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
I’ve tracked my 18 GT PP several times, my only issue were the brakes. They went to mush last session on the first track day. Installed stainless steel lines and 660 fluid, haven’t had an issue since.
move to real tires get a few more days, move to better suspension and you will start seeing temps that pull timing out of the car and the whole fun. You would think DH will be better but to be fair it will not be. There is a good reason why the DH R has upgraded cooling everywhere.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
move to real tires get a few more days, move to better suspension and you will start seeing temps that pull timing out of the car and the whole fun. You would think DH will be better but to be fair it will not be. There is a good reason why the DH R has upgraded cooling everywhere.
Would the extra cooling features on the “old” Mach 1 have helped keep things cooler?

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re giving advise like you know my setup and how often I track. Lmao. You just guessing I’m on stock tires and suspension? Stay in your lane.

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Z06, GR Corolla, Formerly 2015 mustang gt
Hi @Savagegeese Jack how does the automatic transmission perform in this? Thanks
From my understanding the 10at is essentially largely carry over. Its just small calibration and design improvements. In the DH at least your missing the point if you go at. I personally dont like the 10at, its far worse calibrated than the 8speed zf found in all the euro rivals.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Would the extra cooling features on the “old” Mach 1 have helped keep things cooler?
On Saturday I was on the track with a friends Mach 1 A10. Both cars my 2017 GT and his Mach 1 were hitting 240 F CHT's. The Mach 1 was fast to recover the temps but was still hitting temps that were pulling timing out. Dark Horse use the same coolers as a Mach 1. Dark Horse R on the other hand use bigger oil cooler, bigger oil pan and 5W50 oil it also run bigger trans cooler and diff cooler so it has a totally different cooling to sustain the 3 days track weekends.
Sponsored