• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Worth Asking Price?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Tesla only wins this if you only ask it to do this one to three times in succession, get 'em on the continuous light to light. I think they cll this a one trick pony...:-)
WRONG.... it DESTROYS a 5.0 GT lap time at nurburgring....AND a GT350... and is within 3 seconds of the 350R....oh...it's FASTER on laps than the new GT500 too.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Soon as they open the dam order books and give us pricing.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
WRONG.... it DESTROYS a 5.0 GT lap time at nurburgring....AND a GT350... and is within 3 seconds of the 350R....oh...it's FASTER on laps than the new GT500 too.
Heh, in one lap on the Ring, the battery dies, the 8000lbs curb weight eviscerates the tires, and the brakes fade as the car flies into the armco as the car seats make whoopie cushion noises in mockery

/s

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Heh, in one lap on the Ring, the battery dies, the 8000lbs curb weight eviscerates the tires, and the brakes fade as the car flies into the armco as the car seats make whoopie cushion noises in mockery

/s
Agreed, there are a ton of limitations with existing battery tech. Too heavy, takes too long to recharge, and goes through it's range too quickly. Solid state battery tech should address a lot of these issues, but that's still a few years out.

The only reason I would buy a Tesla would be to lean into the memes. Would have a wrap created with cybertruck memes and roll with it. Their designs are some of the ugliest out there, the quality is trash, and metrics like their range aren't that much better than many rivals. If I were to go with an EV, it would be a mach-e gt because it's great looking, or an ionic 5.

I predict Tesla will be gone within 10 years. Slowing demand, increasing competition, alienating their core demographics. It's not looking good, case in point, their stock price at one was over $1,200 a share,it's now about $140. People have clearly lost confidence in Tesla, and Elon especially. Sorry for the rant, I just despise Tesla lol.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I absolutely love Tesla as a company. I'm really glad in America some people can get together and build something that the market wants but currently isn't available.

Now, I have absolutely no interest in buying their products, though. I only buy manual transmission cars for my personal transportation and I think that gas is way better than electric right now. However, I still like Tesla and Musk. Awesome stuff. Maybe one of these days the larger car companies will catch up. They should - they have a lot more resources.

Anywho - IMO Tesla is off-topic. I don't see it as a competitor to the Mustang. Ford is doing great in my opinion coming out with an all new ICE Mustang. In a year or two there might not even be any competition.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
And yet it's dull and boring to drive. No character. Shows that speed ain't everything.

KoreanKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101A automatic
A fully loaded GT? A base 2015 GT is faster. Why compare a front wheel drive Honda Civic competitor anyways
because Elantra N comes with better techs. It certainly doesnā€™t come with 3.5 inch back up camera. Also a base GT will catch up to Elantra N only on a straight line.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
because Elantra N comes with better techs. It certainly doesnā€™t come with 3.5 inch back up camera. Also a base GT will catch up to Elantra N only on a straight line.
I'm not sure how can make this ridiculous comparison. What does tech have to do with it. No one buys a Mustang for its tech. Especially those of us with the V8. I'm sure the Elantra is a fine car when compared to other four door econoboxes but against the iconic Mustang, never.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The interior of the elantra makes the S650 interior look like a Ferrari. Most people here also don't want a car that sounds like a wet fart. There is no scenario where that car is faster than a GT

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've heard the Elantra N is a good car. I also have heard that the Veloster N had engine issues. I would be concerned about buying the Elantra unless I knew specifically that the issues had been fixed. One really nice thing about the Coyote is its reliability.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I've heard the Elantra N is a good car. I also have heard that the Veloster N had engine issues. I would be concerned about buying the Elantra unless I knew specifically that the issues had been fixed. One really nice thing about the Coyote is its reliability.
I just bought a Civic Si which is slow as molasses, but for the money, so much better for what I need it to be than the EN. Excellent manual, looks Germanic inside and out, super roomy, excellent fuel economy (like 40-45 mixed when driven lightly).

Not everythingā€™s about numbers and visceral driving thrills. The EN is a very specific car for someone that needs their commuter and fun car all in one with a heavy emphasis on the fun-to-drive factor. But itā€™s ugly, smaller than its competition, and compromised in practicality (with a brace in the rear trunk behind the seats blocking pass-through and no 60/40 split fold seats.

Plus Hyundai has had serious reliability issues that persist to this day.

I donā€™t know why people are cross shopping these two. To the guy that mentioned better tech, I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything it offers that the S650 wonā€™t have.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I just bought a Civic Si which is slow as molasses, but for the money, so much better for what I need it to be than the EN. Excellent manual, looks Germanic inside and out, super roomy, excellent fuel economy (like 40-45 mixed when driven lightly).

Not everythingā€™s about numbers and visceral driving thrills. The EN is a very specific car for someone that needs their commuter and fun car all in one with a heavy emphasis on the fun-to-drive factor. But itā€™s ugly, smaller than its competition, and compromised in practicality (with a brace in the rear trunk behind the seats blocking pass-through and no 60/40 split fold seats.

Plus Hyundai has had serious reliability issues that persist to this day.

I donā€™t know why people are cross shopping these two. To the guy that mentioned better tech, I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything it offers that the S650 wonā€™t have.
I had some bad experiences with Honda and to this day I wouldn't buy one. I know a lot of people like them, though.

I agree I have no idea why someone would cross shop a front wheel drive car with the Mustang.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
For me, itā€™s going to come down to a C8/9 vette versus whatever the Mustang is.

Sure am curious as to pricing. I have a bad feeling about it though- no competition other than the C8 means Ford will view it as an orphan segment and milk it accordingly.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Ford is staring a massive depression in the face. So Inflation aside, I reckon EB will start at 30k, GT at 38K. Much more and the buyers will evaporate and they might as well just bulldoze FLatRock and put it out of it's misery.

Anyone remotely interested in a Mustang will have LONG since bought one. So even without the headwinds, S650 will amount to no more than replacement numbers. Sure, they might field a few poor souls without anywhere else to turn (Challenger/Camaro) but I reckon it'll be a mere pittance. For those folks the Mustang was not a convincing argument before 2023, and just because it might be last man standing still doesn't make it one.

My guess, 30,000 units tops.
Sponsored

Last edited: