• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 slow......what's the truth???

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Happened all the time when I had my Corvettes. For some reason every Prius or minivan thought they were race cars.
the more important question is why folks with fast cars are trying to race me in my MX5 :D (I race anyone just for the fun of it even if a soccermom in a Audi diesel will be quicker haha)
Sponsored

5.0S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Everyone running these cars before break in is giving them a bad rep. Iā€™d like to see an A10 GT with 3.55s and over 1000 miles run the 1/4 under the same exact conditions as a s550 with the same setup before people jump to the conclusion that a car with more hp and slightly more weight is slower.
Gonna be a while for the same kind of weather.

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
As a 2024 GT Premium PP owner and the past owner of a 2018 GT Base I can say that I'm disappointed in the performance of these cars to this point. Granted I have less than 200 miles on the car but I thought maybe it was just me feeling underwhelmed by the torque and power(or lack thereof) until I went back and watched LMR's bone stock 2018 GT hit under 12 on the 1/4 mile and the S650 hit 12.5. No way to sugar coat that. It's not good. I know we don't all buy these cars for 1/4 mile times but shelling out 60K for a high performance car shouldn't mean it's slower(kinda signifig) than the previous generation. Ford dropped the ball here

ShaBoingBoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
It is a bit disappointing to say the least that ford bottlenecks the cars so heavily during break in. I get why they do it but still

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
It is a bit disappointing to say the least that ford bottlenecks the cars so heavily during break in. I get why they do it but still
Thereā€˜s no evidence that they do. Just conversation.

Corvettes and 911s, yep.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I wonder if Ford could release an over the air update to push the fuel cut off to the 7,500 redline shown on the dash after they think most S650s are broke in and just tie the update to your odometer or something. I haven't had the car over 6,000 rpm yet so not so sure how the car behaves between 7,000 and 7,500rpm.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
.....so slicks, weight reduction, full exhaust and yes on a stock tune.....not bad...not bad

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
As a 2024 GT Premium PP owner and the past owner of a 2018 GT Base I can say that I'm disappointed in the performance of these cars to this point. Granted I have less than 200 miles on the car but I thought maybe it was just me feeling underwhelmed by the torque and power(or lack thereof) until I went back and watched LMR's bone stock 2018 GT hit under 12 on the 1/4 mile and the S650 hit 12.5. No way to sugar coat that. It's not good. I know we don't all buy these cars for 1/4 mile times but shelling out 60K for a high performance car shouldn't mean it's slower(kinda signifig) than the previous generation. Ford dropped the ball here
Air temp, humidity, weight of driver, track surface, tires, wheels, rear seat delete, other car weight changes, driving ability, exhaust, etc. Numbers can be all over the place on the same car. We'll get enough data soon enough, but we should get it before taking too few data points to mean much, IMO.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
There are a couple of videos that mention part of the reason they even went dual throttle bodies was for emissions. Its obviously extremely difficult to make a NA V8 that will pass emissions since that led to the Challenger and Camaro are both being gone.

Is it really hard to think that this car was at the limit of what emissions allowed?

Why bother to debate whether it is +- a couple tenths from the S550 in stock form?
Just be thankful there is another generation of Mustang to purchase and If you're really that upset then just wait till the S650 is tunable, because it will surely have more potential then the S550.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There are a couple of videos that mention part of the reason they even went dual throttle bodies was for emissions. Its obviously extremely difficult to make a NA V8 that will pass emissions since that led to the Challenger and Camaro are both being gone.

Is it really hard to think that this car was at the limit of what emissions allowed?

Why bother to debate whether it is +- a couple tenths from the S550 in stock form?
Just be thankful there is another generation of Mustang to purchase and If you're really that upset then just wait till the S650 is tunable, because it will surely have more potential then the S550.
Challenger is dead because of CAFE. The Camaro is dead (again) because of low sales.

It is disturbing that a Gov't agency has as much power as the EPA has. Their witch hunts need to look else ware. Not aimed at our 25-30mpg 500hp vehicles.

I am with you on the S650 thoughts. I have not seen this amount of hate and scrutiny for a new Mustang before. People need to stop basing their opinions on non driving media types, and get out and drive one.

My take at 250 miles on mine: It's opening up and adapting as it should. It's very strong mid to high end. It handles very well. The steering is a little light, but that is a pro in some ways as well. The ride is far better then any of the three 550s I have had.

Some of the Sync/Screen/mode antics are tiresome though. I can live with it.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
My opinion doesnā€™t matter much because my last Mustang was a 2006 GT and Iā€™ve driven a Honda Accord Sport for the last 8 years, but I think my ā€˜24 GT w/PP handles great and is definitely fast enough to get me in serious trouble. I havenā€™t felt uncomfortable in a corner yet, even though I may have taken a few of those corners at double the posted limit. Iā€™m seriously impressed with the feel and performance compared to the old solid rear axle models. šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '23 Prius šŸ¤£
Not to beat a dead horse, but everyone is talking about how slow the S650s are. What's everyone's opinions? What's the truth?
I'm a die hard Mustang fan. This 2024 will be my 5th one and I have never drove anything but a Mustang since 1997. I'm currently driving a 2013 GT. I'm still super excited about getting my car hopefully this week, but I'm over the hate.
The truth is that no one knows. The cars just came out and are getting a lot of hate, just wait until it dies down! In my opinion, so far I'm pleasantly surprised by this generation. Ford is gearing toward a better handling car rather than straight-line speed and I think they've knocked it out of the park. The dark horse breaking distance, how planted and controlled these seem to be over the last gen... there's a lot of potential, and a lot going for them! The real issue is that Ford has no real competition... so prices are whatever they choose them to be. Production is an issue, QC is an issue, and some mechanical failures have been scaring me. I think we should just be thankful that there is still a manual NA V8 on the market šŸ‘

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wonder if Ford could release an over the air update
Excuse my ignorance, but what is an over the air update?
A software update that you get if you connect your phone to the car?
Can you get over the air updates without knowing it?
I was given every assurance that my S650 would not communicate back and forth with Ford if I did not want it to.
Thanks!

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Challenger is dead because of CAFE. The Camaro is dead (again) because of low sales.

It is disturbing that a Gov't agency has as much power as the EPA has. Their witch hunts need to look else ware. Not aimed at our 25-30mpg 500hp vehicles.

I am with you on the S650 thoughts. I have not seen this amount of hate and scrutiny for a new Mustang before. People need to stop basing their opinions on non driving media types, and get out and drive one.

My take at 250 miles on mine: It's opening up and adapting as it should. It's very strong mid to high end. It handles very well. The steering is a little light, but that is a pro in some ways as well. The ride is far better then any of the three 550s I have had.

Some of the Sync/Screen/mode antics are tiresome though. I can live with it.
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more!
Sponsored