• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 slow......what's the truth???

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Excuse my ignorance, but what is an over the air update?
A software update that you get if you connect your phone to the car?
Can you get over the air updates without knowing it?
I was given every assurance that my S650 would not communicate back and forth with Ford if I did not want it to.
Thanks!
The car comes with cellular connectivity built-in. As long as you leave it enabled, it should download regular updates from Ford. You can also join the car to your home WiFi or cellphone hotspot and get the updates that way.

If you block the car's connectivity, which it offers, you won't get the OTA updates, but I believe any dealership can run the updates to the car as well. Thankfully, you can choose what communication to allow or block.

Curious note, there's even an option to allow insurance data to be tracked. It's greyed out, so you can't turn it on, but it isn't something I think should even be an option on this car.
Sponsored

Reactions: JAL

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Excuse my ignorance, but what is an over the air update?
A software update that you get if you connect your phone to the car?
Can you get over the air updates without knowing it?
I was given every assurance that my S650 would not communicate back and forth with Ford if I did not want it to.
Thanks!
I wish I knew myself. I'm coming from a 2012 Cruze with virtually no technology to 2024 Mustang that feels like a spaceship comparably. Not sure what the limitations of these over the air updates are but I know Teslas were able to get over the air updates that increased performance if they were willing to pay for it.

Reactions: JAL

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Are we saying a modded mustang that can keep up with a stock mustang is somehow better?
Yes, because a $20k car with $500 bucks in parts trumps a $50k car that runs the same times every day of the week.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Yes, because a $20k car with $500 bucks in parts trumps a $50k car that runs the same times every day of the week.
Donā€™t assume said 50k car isnā€™t also capable of implementing $500 in parts.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
I've only seen a couple in the wild, but never when I'm in one of my GTs. My cars aren't stock, but they're nothing crazy like my 2019 GT used to be. Excited to run against a 24 in the wild! I guess I'd actually have to dust off and drive my cars to make that happen, though. Lol

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Looks like a converter, headers and slicks make a 10 second car.

all the other stuff is nice and fancy but not necessary

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Slow relative to what? : )

Compared to a Bugatti Cheyron ...its slow

Compared to your 13 GT

If you are going from 6A auto to 10A auto- its going to feel like a rocket ship
6M to 6M - still should feel a bit quicker- but not the same delta as going from 6A to 10A

Going from a 13GT to a 24GT- thats a solid upgrade no matter what .......

I think more the chatter was the guys who currently had 18-23 cars going to a 24 - somehow the impression was set that the 24 was going to be .4 seconds faster through the 1/4 mile and when it wasn't people starting down the "its slow" route -I think people just set expectations higher than they should have .....
Hell, itā€™s fast enough for me compared to my 98 convertible which had Vortec super charger. My 2018 had a race tune. My 24 GT coup with variable exhaust Iā€™m sure would be quicker and not by much. Still havenā€™t installed H pipe yet which may pump out a few more HP after deleting the resonators.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
If I wanted a street racer I probably would have bought a Hellcat. I wanted a nice weather top down cruiser with a bit of muscle and attitude. GT convertible 401a pp a10. Only 480 miles yet. I smile every time I drive it or even just look at it in the garage.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
If I wanted a street racer I probably would have bought a Hellcat. I wanted a nice weather top down cruiser with a bit of muscle and attitude. GT convertible 401a pp a10. Only 480 miles yet. I smile every time I drive it or even just look at it in the garage.
And for what I suspect is the majority of folks this is all that counts!

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack + Active
As a 2024 GT Premium PP owner and the past owner of a 2018 GT Base I can say that I'm disappointed in the performance of these cars to this point. Granted I have less than 200 miles on the car but I thought maybe it was just me feeling underwhelmed by the torque and power(or lack thereof) until I went back and watched LMR's bone stock 2018 GT hit under 12 on the 1/4 mile and the S650 hit 12.5. No way to sugar coat that. It's not good. I know we don't all buy these cars for 1/4 mile times but shelling out 60K for a high performance car shouldn't mean it's slower(kinda signifig) than the previous generation. Ford dropped the ball here
give it some time. I own a 24 GT Premium Performance Pack also and Iā€™m pretty damn sure it runs WAY better now that it has over 2k miles on it. I didnā€™t get on it much when it was under 500 miles. Which I achieved with a 400 mile round trip. Then took it to KY, which was a 1,600 mile round trip. I been leaning into it more and man, it feels good. I also changed the oil at 500 miles, upgraded to full synthetic motorcraft and installed a UPR catch can/oil separator.

she feels strong. I just ordered a X-pipe and wont say if Iā€™m removing the traps (due to the EPA šŸ˜‚) but yeahā€¦ put some miles on her then report back. I think they may be a bit asleep under 500 miles and get stronger. Canā€™t tell if itā€™s break in or tuned to be that way.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
give it some time. I own a 24 GT Premium Performance Pack also and Iā€™m pretty damn sure it runs WAY better now that it has over 2k miles on it. I didnā€™t get on it much when it was under 500 miles. Which I achieved with a 400 mile round trip. Then took it to KY, which was a 1,600 mile round trip. I been leaning into it more and man, it feels good. I also changed the oil at 500 miles, upgraded to full synthetic motorcraft and installed a UPR catch can/oil separator.

she feels strong. I just ordered a X-pipe and wont say if Iā€™m removing the traps (due to the EPA šŸ˜‚) but yeahā€¦ put some miles on her then report back. I think they may be a bit asleep under 500 miles and get stronger. Canā€™t tell if itā€™s break in or tuned to be that way.
Yea, according to the owners manual normal oil consumption doesn't begin until about 3,000 miles. This leads me to believe things are probably still wearing in until around that time.

S650 Mustang S650 slow......what's the truth??? 1699201214265

DSimon24GTPPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack + Active
Yea, according to the owners manual normal oil consumption doesn't begin until about 3,000 miles. This leads me to believe things are probably still wearing in until around that time.

1699201214265.png
Yeah that makes sense then. Iā€™ve had a UPR catch can on it for 2,000 miles now (installed at 500 miles), and I emptied it this morning. It wasnā€™t even 10% full. Just barely enough to cover the bottom of the can. I also opened up her airways *wink wink*.
Sponsored