• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 slow......what's the truth???

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
The fact that the numbers are low and that we still don't know if the S650 is faster than the S550 because we hope that the car will produce more power after the break in period is already a sign that this car is slower.

People are just hoping and waiting that some miracle would happen.

Now people even use weather, tire or extra passenger as a argument why the S650 is slow.

When you have to use these things as an argument, you already know the answer.

The S550 is lighter and faster.
Sponsored

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
The fact that the numbers are low and that we still don't know if the S650 is faster than the S550 because we hope that the car will produce more power after the break in period is already a sign that this car is slower.

Now people even use weather, tire or extra passenger as a argument why the S650 is slow.

Yet s650's have already hit lower 0-60 and quarter mile times.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Both cars can be stock... but what are rear gears... manual? Autos?

Needs to be same transmission... same gears...

I haven't seen these questions answered in any of these videos

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Both cars can be stock... but what are rear gears... manual? Autos?

Needs to be same transmission... same gears...

I haven't seen these questions answered in any of these videos
Video I posted were both A10 auto. Gearing idk

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Right … I was digging around 6g and there are longtube E85 A10 cars on a DR running low 12s high 11s

They just hate the 7g

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert

False - S650 is faster at least in manual form per Motor Trend. Same 0-60 but S650 is faster in the 1/4 mile. Car & Driver ran the same times Motor Trend did.

S650 Mustang S650 slow......what's the truth??? 1694634887549

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Funny how no one talks about how bad the 3 gen was when it first came out. They had to do a big update and change the transmission in the 3 gen and its "dud" label went away. However it was less weight than the new 2024. So yeah all first year models don't tend to have jump put the box preformance the first year or so. They are still new models and being refined. However, I've seen videos on of 15's and 20's getting gapped by an s650 and ive seen s650 lose. So i need more videos. im not seeing the slow part or dud part. I'm seeing that the car needs some refinement and probably some software update to change shift points and how much power is in different gears for the 10r80. But these transmissions have been known to take awhile to learn to shift. But so far the s650 doing better than the other first yr models.
People comparing a well defined and tuned mid to late to late year product to a fresh off the shelf product still in its infancy stages. So let's compare 15 to 24. Then at the end comparing both mid to late models to each others.

Also it's summer and hot in 90 degrees temps with humidity. Doing preformance times and the stock car do those numbers are good enough for me. It will be fall and winter soon and most the cars will have 1-3k miles.

Last edited:

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any reason you quoted me twice?

Anyway this was shared with me

They say both only have a x-pipe, both a10, 24 has 3.55's unknown gearing on the gen 3.
Good chance the S550 had the 3.15s given the wheel tire combo

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PS All the Mustang on Mustang hate in here- I think some of you need to hug it out - esp given its pretty much the same car underneath - one is a little less weight and a little less hp

We should love all Mustangs........

Except the 96-04 2V guys- F them and their piece of crap motor ......oh and the Mustang II ....F them too

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Any reason you quoted me twice?

Anyway this was shared with me

They say both only have a x-pipe, both a10, 24 has 3.55's unknown gearing on the gen 3.
Now THAT is walking away.. LOL

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Maybe, No, and to be determined
i mean its all simple facts, sure sound and looks are subjective, but performance is literal numbers you can just look up. You're choosing to ignore the facts so you can feel glad that you didn't/couldn't buy a 2024.

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
i mean its all simple facts, sure sound and looks are subjective, but performance is literal numbers you can just look up. You're choosing to ignore the facts so you can feel glad that you didn't/couldn't buy a 2024.
Lol yea facts are with the s550 smh, if u haven't messed with these cars sit down lol. U crapping me afford it, I was looking at a DH, leaning towards a 500. I have a 21 whipple gt a10, I had a 15 gt Mt, 18 A10 stock, 17 gt350
Sponsored