• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 No Lift Shift

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm sure that's why there's protections in place like the 7200 rpm soft limiter. what I meant is that one can't drive around like they're picking up groceries, leaving their foot at a 3rd throttle and expect no lift shifting to work. it's a max performance feature.
As previously mentioned, there's a set of parameters/requirements that need to be met for it to work. I may try again at some later point in time. The last time I did it (it was a different vehicle), it was the weirdest thing ever that I experienced and made me cringe for my trans/clutch 😂
Sponsored

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR
As previously mentioned, there's a set of parameters/requirements that need to be met for it to work. I may try again at some later point in time. The last time I did it (it was a different vehicle), it was the weirdest thing ever that I experienced and made me cringe for my trans/clutch 😂
Ok, I just tested it on a quick drive. 5000RPM is the cutoff. Test it yourself by going WOT in 2nd, shift after 5k and your tach will hold while you find the next gear. From 4500RPM it'll keep rev'ing. There is a distinct exhaust popping sound when the ignition cuts for no lift shift. Very much like a sportbike with a quickshifter... same concept.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ok, I just tested it on a quick drive. 5000RPM is the cutoff. Test it yourself by going WOT in 2nd, shift after 5k and your tach will hold while you find the next gear. From 4500RPM it'll keep rev'ing. There is a distinct exhaust popping sound when the ignition cuts for no lift shift. Very much like a sportbike with a quickshifter... same concept.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
On the dark horse or a GT

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
My Dark Horse.
For clarity’s sake (she’s thorough like that) did you enable rev-match or is this an ‘automatically’ activated feature, or do you have a secondary setting for no-lift (since you stated dh). I acknowledge the only mention ive seen for it in the gt is in the prelim but i’ve seen it listed for dh. If we assume the reference in the prelim media info is correct and its a feature (rev match and no lift shift) and the dh has no lift function even though there isn’t an individual setting can we safely assume the rev-match function on the gt (getrag v tremec) includes the same no lift feature since that is the function on the dh that needs to be enabled before no-lift works?

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For clarity’s sake (she’s thorough like that) did you enable rev-match or is this an ‘automatically’ activated feature, or do you have a secondary setting for no-lift (since you stated dh). I acknowledge the only mention ive seen for it in the gt is in the prelim but i’ve seen it listed for dh. If we assume the reference in the prelim media info is correct and its a feature (rev match and no lift shift) and the dh has no lift function even though there isn’t an individual setting can we safely assume the rev-match function on the gt (getrag v tremec) includes the same no lift feature since that is the function on the dh that needs to be enabled before no-lift works?
I do have rev-match enabled and there isn't a setting for no-lift shift in my menus. I'm confident that besides the initial DH graphics, my in dash experience is the same as a magneride and active exhaust equipped GT so I believe your assumption to be correct. The Youtuber that has the first '24 Hellhorse Twin Turbo kit, Stangry5.0, demonstrates it in a few of his videos with his GT.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can confirm that the GTs with the MT-82 do have No Lift Shift. There is no off/on button for it. I can also confirm that it works from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4.

I would also warn to be careful if you are No Lift Shifting from 3rd to 4th. It's stupidly easy to accidentally go from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th.

Question: Aside from the harsh clutch engagements, is No Lift Shift any different than how automatics work when going wide-open throttle and rowing through all the gears?

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
Question: Aside from the harsh clutch engagements, is No Lift Shift any different than how automatics work when going wide-open throttle and rowing through all the gears?
Yes. The SelectShift (10R80) is a planetary transmissions with a torque converter, it's a radical departure from how a 6MT works. "No Lift Shift" has more in common with motorcycle quickshifters.

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I can confirm that the GTs with the MT-82 do have No Lift Shift. There is no off/on button for it. I can also confirm that it works from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4.

I would also warn to be careful if you are No Lift Shifting from 3rd to 4th. It's stupidly easy to accidentally go from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th.

I agree no lift won't work after 4th gear. Not sure you would need those in really heavy rpms normally anyways, at least for me. Automatic and manual aren't even on the same page really. The manual is actually manually changing gears, no computer, vacuum, or oil used to shift. You CAN "manually" change gears on the auto, but it is still changing gears with the computer, vacuum, and oil. There is different concepts out there, but basic auto -vs- manual is just that. No way is no lift shift (power shifiting) remotely compared to an Auto.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I agree no lift won't work after 4th gear. Not sure you would need those in really heavy rpms normally anyways, at least for me. Automatic and manual aren't even on the same page really. The manual is actually manually changing gears, no computer, vacuum, or oil used to shift. You CAN "manually" change gears on the auto, but it is still changing gears with the computer, vacuum, and oil. There is different concepts out there, but basic auto -vs- manual is just that. No way is no lift shift (power shifiting) remotely compared to an Auto.
Would you recommend setting the performance shift indicator to the no-lift range?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Excellent information. Thanks for testing and posting. Man I don't know that I'll ever have the guts to try this but at least I know it's possible now. I am tempted to try the 2nd-to-3rd test like you mentioned.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Not sure it was clear, but what I was wondering is if there was any comparison between the aggressive gear change using No Lift Shift in the MT-82 and the 10R80 shifting through all the gears aggressively when going WOT. Hopefully that makes sense.

Would you recommend setting the performance shift indicator to the no-lift range?
That would probably not be a bad idea. Right now, I have my shift indicator set to 7200, but that's mainly because I was using the shift lights to determine when I'm near read line. But if you are wanting to just be able to do a No Lift Shift, this makes more sense.
Sponsored